• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,023
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,342
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

I think some religions promise like 70 virgins for their men, I don't know what else but that's probably a bit off topic for this thread

Just FYI, it's Islam.... it's followers are called Muslims.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,633
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Florida's surgeon General, I didn't know we had one, recommended against getting this latest COVID "vaccine".

I am probably more influenced by memories from my own youth of the days of Polio, of TB of Small Pox of Scarlet Fever,  how those would run through the population  of entire communities and nations. Then came the marvel of vaccines that prevented the epidemic and even eliminated  almost totally cases of those diseases.

We no longer had to hide away during the plaques those diseases caused. There were no more quarantines of households, lakes and rivers. each came with a statistical risk of adverse result, but the greater risk was to the communities at large and so the shot or vaccines were absolutely required. The numbers of people affected by all those diseases were far fewer than has been reported with this one disease COVID.

I do think  the COVID vaccines have saved us from a population devastating plaque. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,633
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

While I don't know if it is the latest COVID illness that I am suffering right now, I do know it is a rather significantly debilitating illness that is no fun at all. I am up right now because I cannot lay down without having nausea, and also choking. Grand fun it is not.

The idea that  a vaccine may have helped reduce it or prevent it, well yep, if I could go back a month I'd be in CVS getting my shots.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,023
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,342
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

44 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Florida's surgeon General, I didn't know we had one, recommended against getting this latest COVID "vaccine".

I am probably more influenced by memories from my own youth of the days of Polio, of TB of Small Pox of Scarlet Fever,  how those would run through the population  of entire communities and nations. Then came the marvel of vaccines that prevented the epidemic and even eliminated  almost totally cases of those diseases.

We no longer had to hide away during the plaques those diseases caused. There were no more quarantines of households, lakes and rivers. each came with a statistical risk of adverse result, but the greater risk was to the communities at large and so the shot or vaccines were absolutely required. The numbers of people affected by all those diseases were far fewer than has been reported with this one disease COVID.

I do think  the COVID vaccines have saved us from a population devastating plaque. 

Sorry you aren't feeling well.

I remember getting the Polio vaccine in the 1950s....I think the one I got was on a sugar cube.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,491
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I am by no means anti-vaccination; our generation is blessed to have medication to relieve pain, mask symptoms, and prevent, cure, or slow disease. From the outset, this COVID-19 vaccination raised numerous red flags for myself and many others.

Without going into much detail, given what I know to be the truth, as it is published, anyone can look it up to verify if they would read it. The global plans that are unfolding to initiate the U.N. Agenda 2030 include taking control of sovereign nations' health issues, global sustainability, and population control, to name only three.

21252030 Agenda for Sustainable Development web.pdf (un.org)

I could present a laundry list of deceptions and lies from alphabet agencies from C.D.C. through W.H.O. and throw Anthony Fauci and Bill Gates in for dessert. But anyway…

Before my wife could have her knee replacements, she had very high blood pressure, and they had to get it down before any surgery. Long story short, I had to buy her one of those seven-slot plastic medication compartments for Monday through Sunday to keep all the medication straight.

The numerous medications to counteract the adverse effects of the other medications. We are informed it takes time to get the medications straight. This blood pressure medication and all the other drugs to counter the effects of one another are now permanent. All these drugs cannot be healthy for the body, but what are the alternatives? A giant purple spot appears when she barely bumps her hand or arm. She reminds me of the Sheb Wooley song, "The Purple People Eater," and if I will be accused of spousal abuse, L.O.L.

Someone mentioned shingles. I wish there were a cure or at least something that would relieve their pain and aggravation. My mother had a severe case of them on her side and chest until she died; absolutely nothing worked to alleviate the symptoms.

She had open heart surgery, with I.V.s in her neck and both arms; after surgery, she was begging for some relief for her shingles. In the latter stages of dementia, before she passed away, they still tormented her; it was heart-wrenching. Since I am susceptible, I had and am considering the shingles shot.

Someone mentioned the 1950s. My wife was massaging my injured shoulder the other day and said, "Oh, you still have your scar on your shoulder from your childhood vaccination." Neither of us could remember what that was for, smallpox, T.B., maybe?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Someone mentioned the 1950s. My wife was massaging my injured shoulder the other day and said, "Oh, you still have your scar on your shoulder from your childhood vaccination." Neither of us could remember what that was for, smallpox, T.B., maybe?

TB is the one that often leaves a scar

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I am by no means anti-vaccination; our generation is blessed to have medication to relieve pain, mask symptoms, and prevent, cure, or slow disease. From the outset, this COVID-19 vaccination raised numerous red flags for myself and many others.

Without going into much detail, given what I know to be the truth, as it is published, anyone can look it up to verify if they would read it. The global plans that are unfolding to initiate the U.N. Agenda 2030 include taking control of sovereign nations' health issues, global sustainability, and population control, to name only three.

21252030 Agenda for Sustainable Development web.pdf (un.org)

I could present a laundry list of deceptions and lies from alphabet agencies from C.D.C. through W.H.O. and throw Anthony Fauci and Bill Gates in for dessert. But anyway…

Before my wife could have her knee replacements, she had very high blood pressure, and they had to get it down before any surgery. Long story short, I had to buy her one of those seven-slot plastic medication compartments for Monday through Sunday to keep all the medication straight.

The numerous medications to counteract the adverse effects of the other medications. We are informed it takes time to get the medications straight. This blood pressure medication and all the other drugs to counter the effects of one another are now permanent. All these drugs cannot be healthy for the body, but what are the alternatives? A giant purple spot appears when she barely bumps her hand or arm. She reminds me of the Sheb Wooley song, "The Purple People Eater," and if I will be accused of spousal abuse, L.O.L.

Someone mentioned shingles. I wish there were a cure or at least something that would relieve their pain and aggravation. My mother had a severe case of them on her side and chest until she died; absolutely nothing worked to alleviate the symptoms.

She had open heart surgery, with I.V.s in her neck and both arms; after surgery, she was begging for some relief for her shingles. In the latter stages of dementia, before she passed away, they still tormented her; it was heart-wrenching. Since I am susceptible, I had and am considering the shingles shot.

Yes, shingles can be extremely painful. My husband had had awful pain after he healed from the outward manifestation. Then I found out a percentage of people can have that never go away. That is when I got the vax. I also have heard if you get it in your eye it can cause blindness, or ear you can become deaf. Nasty stuff. I recommend everyone over age 50 to get one. My husband had pain from that till the day he died.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,508
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

49 minutes ago, Anne2 said:

Yes, shingles can be extremely painful. My husband had had awful pain after he healed from the outward manifestation. Then I found out a percentage of people can have that never go away. That is when I got the vax. I also have heard if you get it in your eye it can cause blindness, or ear you can become deaf. Nasty stuff. I recommend everyone over age 50 to get one. My husband had pain from that till the day he died.

@Anne2 My wife and I have had some boosters; it might be worthwhile getting more in due course.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

Honestly, a very high percentage of people have either been vaccinated or infected. While COVID vaccination is still helpful, it is not as critical now as it was in 2021. I haven't had a booster in over a year, but will probably get one later this month.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,966
  • Content Per Day:  5.45
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

On 12/5/2023 at 3:38 AM, Debp said:

I had all of Moderna's Covid boosters so far with no ill effects.

Covid seems to be winding down. I don't hear anything on the news about it anymore.

I don't go outside too often as I don't walk as easily nowadays.  I go to Target to pay my bill.   Also, need to take a taxi to the doctor's office for my check-up. Will see the eye doctor in March, maybe the dentist sooner.  Sometimes I ride the elevator with neighbors or chat briefly with a couple of them.

Anyhow I was wondering if I should get the newest booster for Covid or not.

Anyone else wondering about it? Since Covid seems to be winding down?

My doctor says I don't meet the requirements for it.  So nope, can't get it.  Same for the Shingles shot.