IGNORED

FROM GOO TO THE ZOO, TO ME and YOU - PANSPERMIA.

Dennis1209

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

The idea that we are on a spinning ball surrounded by other spinning balls, led to the ideas of evolution and then aliens.

The lies started back with the heliocentric model.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, AdHoc said:

We are not going to win this battle. Here are the odds:
1. The carnal mind is at enmity with God. It is his pleasure to overturn truth and contradict God
2. Romans 1 says that they "HOLD" the truth - but "in UN-righteousness". It is not a case of getting to the truth. That's relativley easy. It is getting man who wants to suppress it not to do it.
3. They don't mind being stupid. Every day, thousands of pilots rotate their aircraft off the runway into the air based on unchanging laws. They stake their lives, and the lives of a couple of hundred passengers, on these laws being reliable. Then some of them get their meal-trays, and while eating, they discuss evolution which theory breaks every one of those laws. Why did that captain tank 60 tons of fuel when he supports a stupid law needed by evolution that something can come out of nothing. Why didn't he fill his tanks with nothing? Why pay the thousands of dollars when all he needed to do was call on evolution - which can make all the universe's matter and energy OUT OF NOTHING BY ACCIDENT!

Who stands a chance against brains like that?

But the problem is even bigger. The average working man knows that education and learning get him the job and the promotions. Why? Because man ate from the Tree of Knowledge. Besides guaranteeing his death, the effects of this Tree are exactly like the other Tree - the Tree of Life. If you get to eat from the Tree of Life, divine life flows into you like a river and then flows out again (Jn.7). The Tree of Knowledge makes knowledge the issue and so men worship the intellect. Your education credentials become the source of truth, not your morals. Then you take an immoral intellect and promise him the Nobel Prize, and you add a lot of power into the whole lie. And to crown it all, self proclaimed men state their intellectual superiority, and ridicule you based on nothing if you don't follow their advice to leave the thinking up to them. 

Your argument reminds me of the topic Paul addressed in Acts 17:18-25.

It also reminds me of a famous saying:

“You can’t teach stupid.”  ~  Dennis, Book of 2nd Opinions, chapter 73.  :D

I have watched Kent Hovind debate evolution with many atheists, making them look stupid. In the face of truth and the mounting evidence, they reject it and alter their theories when they fall apart.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91

18 hours ago, other one said:

And who died and made you king of all knowledge??

No one. But that OP is all sorts of terrible takes and fallacies.

It's nothing but a polemic.

Evolution theory and its adherents is a religion, the religion of atheism; there is no creator God

Absolutely wrong. Evolutionary theory is a scientific theory and should not be confused with a philosophical application. It is fundamentally, as all science is, agnostic. Evolutionary theory is in its simplest form "a change in allele frequencies in a population over time". That's it. Not so scary is it?

Teachers and professors having tenure are ostracized and removed for suggesting an alternative. They are more interested in brainwashing a lie, wokism, counterculture, genderism, and antisemitism. Many disallow conservative guests to speak to students.

Kind of irrelevant. 

Who do we suppose Charles Darwin was inspired by and the religion of much of the world today? His theory is one big lie from the father of lies:

Unsupported assertion. Based on a pre-existing bias and ignorance of the OP.

Creation scientists have destroyed the theory of natural selection. Many geneticists have admitted DNA is so complex that it is impossible to have evolved, and there had to be an engineer.

Laughable. Also, again a completely baseless assertion with no supporting evidence. Even creationist biologists would vehemently disagree with that statement. It flies in the face of everything that Answers in Genesis, ICR and CMI state (they advance a form of evolution).

Who are these geneticists making this claim about DNA complexity? Names?

In the scientific field, evolution theory is shifting from natural selection to our planet seeded by advanced extraterrestrial life – panspermia. Go ahead, check that out for yourself.

Evidence that panspermia is taking over for evolutionary theory? (I am aware of the idea) Besides this is a typical creationist tactic of confusing evolutionary theory with origins. Origins chemistry and the attendant hypotheses are still not well developed, but that's nothing to do with evolutionary theory.

Astrobiologists are having a field day and working overtime, trying to find any life on other planets to prove creationism wrong.

Another assertion, assuming the OP actually has knowledge and intent of why astronomers and astrobiologists are looking for signs of life elsewhere from earth.

In summary:

A poorly constructed, propagandistic, polemic of unfounded assertions and assumptions to support a tenuous (at best) conclusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

The idea that we are on a spinning ball surrounded by other spinning balls, led to the ideas of evolution and then aliens.

The lies started back with the heliocentric model.

Wow. Geocentrist? That's a pretty rare sighting.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Absolutely wrong. Evolutionary theory is a scientific theory and should not be confused with a philosophical application. It is fundamentally, as all science is, agnostic. Evolutionary theory is in its simplest form "a change in allele frequencies in a population over time". That's it. Not so scary is it?

Kind of irrelevant. 

Laughable. Also, again a completely baseless assertion with no supporting evidence. Even creationist biologists would vehemently disagree with that statement. It flies in the face of everything that Answers in Genesis, ICR and CMI state (they advance a form of evolution).

Evidence that panspermia is taking over for evolutionary theory? (I am aware of the idea) Besides this is a typical creationist tactic of confusing evolutionary theory with origins. Origins chemistry and the attendant hypotheses are still not well developed, but that's nothing to do with evolutionary theory.

Another assertion, assuming the OP actually has knowledge and intent of why astronomers and astrobiologists are looking for signs of life elsewhere from earth.

In summary:

A poorly constructed, propagandistic, polemic of unfounded assertions and assumptions to support a tenuous (at best) conclusion.

So you feel privileged enough to personally put him/her down in a rather tacky way.   I didn't think we were supposed to do that here.

9 hours ago, FJK said:

Consider the First Commandment and all that it implies, and how important it is to the world to convince you to violate it.

Consider also why it is first, there is a reason for that.

When you have a new nation emerging from 400 years of residence and subsequent bondage in a deeply polytheistic nation, it's pretty important to set the framework of a theocratic nation right off the bat.

There is, of course, application to us now that while don't (generally) believe in gods of all sorts of natural things, there are still philosophies and distractions that we need to be wary of.

12 minutes ago, other one said:

So you feel privileged enough to personally put him/her down in a rather tacky way.  I didn't think we were supposed to do that here.

True, it was definitely pointed and came from a place of deep frustration that Christians, who reputedly claim to value and desire truth and honesty, cannot do basic background research to see if they understand what they criticize, or to supply some form of evidence to back up a litany of claims. A cursory search on evolutionary theory would clear up the second paragraph. Ultimately it's comes across as laziness.

So yeah, I guess in your words, my comment was tacky. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, teddyv said:

True, it was definitely pointed and came from a place of deep frustration that Christians, who reputedly claim to value and desire truth and honesty, cannot do basic background research to see if they understand what they criticize, or to supply some form of evidence to back up a litany of claims. A cursory search on evolutionary theory would clear up the second paragraph. Ultimately it's comes across as laziness.

So yeah, I guess in your words, my comment was tacky. 

Some people who continually post like that have to have their posts approved before they are posted on the site for everyone to read.  I would not want you to fall into that system.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, teddyv said:

Kind of irrelevant. 

In summary:

My my my . . . . . a bunch of one liners poking at one of our very well loved Worthy members without saying what you believe is true. 

So . . . I'm curious . . .  are you an agnostic or atheist as Douglas Adams 'was' (he died early in life)? And the most important question of all is: Who is Jesus to you? Are you an believer in Him?  IF not, then why not? It is such a joy to know the Creator of all we see around us . . . . 

Clearly reading many of your posts you seem to give credence to secular world views more than Judeo Christian world views. Are you here on Worthy to check out Christianity?  Just asking . . . . IF so you are in the right place! (provided you have an open mind and heart).

I do pray that you don't end-up like Douglas Adams . . . from his obituary it appears that he died without believing in Jesus . . . not a situation that any person would want to be in

Ray . . .  

Edited by Ray12614
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

19 hours ago, other one said:

So you feel privileged enough to personally put him/her down in a rather tacky way.   I didn't think we were supposed to do that here.

Is criticism of bad argument no longer allowed here? I missed any personal insults that were present in the post.