IGNORED

FROM GOO TO THE ZOO, TO ME and YOU - PANSPERMIA.

Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Is criticism of bad argument no longer allowed here? I missed any personal insults that were present in the post.

There are ways of criticism that don't reach the levels of being really tacky.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

16 minutes ago, other one said:

There are ways of criticism that don't reach the levels of being really tacky.

Ah ok, gotcha. It will be interesting to see your response to the earlier comment suggesting that a poster is either agnostic or atheistic and whether or not that is considered tacky.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/12/2023 at 4:17 PM, Dennis1209 said:

Creation scientists have destroyed the theory of natural selection. Many geneticists have admitted DNA is so complex that it is impossible to have evolved, and there had to be an engineer.

Natural Selection is a myth simply because Nature should already be aware of its surroundings before it creates specific life forms.   Selection means it did not get it right the first time so it now needs to adapt.   Right there is proof of Circular Reasoning

In the scientific field, evolution theory is shifting from natural selection to our planet seeded by advanced extraterrestrial life – panspermia. Go ahead, check that out for yourself.

This doesn't surprise me when we consider the Theory behind Uranium on Earth.   Which is from Stars going Supernova and the debris became embedded into the Earth's crust.  And surprisingly we use Uranium to Date Geographical Objects with a half shelf life.  We have no idea when the Star exploded, nor when the debris became embedded, but we are somehow able to assign it a life + half shelf life.  More circular Reasoning.

Could what is occurring now, a big deception and soft disclosure, be leading up to something bigger? Just thoughts…

Theories are not fact, they are the best understanding point at any specific time.  So theories are always subject to change and adapt according to new evidence.   But the swing to Aliens is a twist because Science refuses to settle on anything that a Creator did it.   And here, Science, is doing the opposite by settling on Aliens did it.   It's all Circular Reasoning.   If Science just kept to the Medical, Biological, Chemical fields, there's less error being revealed.  But they want to be the Authority in all areas so it's easy to rip their idealism's apart.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,682
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/12/2023 at 6:17 PM, Dennis1209 said:

critical thinking are no longer allowed in most public schools and institutions

Hi, I must share that "Critical Thinking"skill is the main teaching/Learning theme in schools, more so than truths. It is now quite alright to have wrong conclusions as long as the process of reaching those wrong conclusions are justified by the process taught and then parroted in use, in order to reach some conclusion, any conclusion. BUT a right answer is considered wrong by critical thinking if it was not arrived at by the taught process called Critical Thinking to reach them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, I must share that "Critical Thinking"skill is the main teaching/Learning theme in schools, more so than truths. It is now quite alright to have wrong conclusions as long as the process of reaching those wrong conclusions are justified by the process taught and then parroted in use, in order to reach some conclusion, any conclusion. BUT a right answer is considered wrong by critical thinking if it was not arrived at by the taught process called Critical Thinking to reach them.

Well, short of the textbook definition, I think differently. I view “critical thinking” as the ability to reason by logic and facts presented, separate truth from error, and come to a personal belief and conclusion.

When alternative views are not presented, debated, and banned from discussion and learning, I would call that fascism (brainwashing).

When one does not go along with the lie of the established program, they are ostracized, belittled, and fired.

Many today reduce truth to “my truth may not be the same as your truth.”  Such an assessment of truth cancels it out by reducing it to millions of individual opinions.  In doing so, truth itself depends on humanity and not on God, and reduces it to non-existence.  Such so-called truth relies on the limitations of finite beings living in a temporal existence and ignores the unknown” 

To my understanding, many youths brought up in Christian homes and churches lose their faith and are brainwashed at institutions of dumber learning, falling for the atheist lie.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

To my understanding, many youths brought up in Christian homes and churches lose their faith and are brainwashed at institutions of dumber learning, falling for the atheist lie.

That may be your understanding, but it is far from accurate. Far too many conservative Christians have been led to believe that a commitment to a 144 hour creation period roughly 6000 years ago is essential to their faith. When young people grow up with this false test of “correct” faith is contradicted by scientific evidence, it leads to a tragic and unnecessary faith crisis, often with highly regrettable outcomes.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,414
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, I must share that "Critical Thinking"skill is the main teaching/Learning theme in schools, more so than truths.

My experience has been that within the context of public education it's a buzzword without much substance to it. The idea sounds nice and scientific, carefully analyzing information to discern the truth of something. But in practice you're only displaying "critical thinking" when your conclusions are in line with the agenda and/or the professor's sacred cows.

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Many today reduce truth to “my truth may not be the same as your truth.”  Such an assessment of truth cancels it out by reducing it to millions of individual opinions.  In doing so, truth itself depends on humanity and not on God, and reduces it to non-existence.  Such so-called truth relies on the limitations of finite beings living in a temporal existence and ignores the unknown” 

Back when I was more into debating I liked to demonstrate the silliness of things like subjective truth with illustrations that were ridiculous but relevant. A man comes to believe that eating manure is harmless and will give him the power to fly and shoot lasers out of his eyes. Does his subjective "truth" really have any impact on reality? Obviously not. People would rightly think such a person was insane. The more compassionate and concerned people would even try to stop him and get him help.

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Slightly off topic, but I do feel like this is a multifaceted thing. The education system definitely feels like it's become increasingly hostile to Christianity just over the course of my lifetime. But there's other factors as well, such as attacks on Christian values in general and things like the internet and cell phones contributing to a larger than normal generation gap.

BTW Critical Thinking as a manner of teaching was a major part of the Jeb Bush led change  in public education now dating back some 20-30 years. It soon became teach to the tests where it was important for each school to get a grade above a D in order to not be taken over by "new" management. It also affected the private schools I was associated with back in that era. The era of the "smart boards" in each class, weekly exams of the teachers as well as the students with parental conference weekly, the parental involvement each week that was going to change "things".

It sure did, experienced and skilled old time teachers starting quitting, and new teachers literally right off the midwest farms with their brand new  teaching degrees didn't have the skills to utilize even the smart boards, never mind handle weekly conferences with parents.

It was and is still a bit of a disaster IMO. Now after COVID the classrooms are mostly places where  a babysitter monitors students as they do  online classwork, and each class is of a different system. There isn't even unity of program now.

Parents that care are going absolutely nuts trying to find and then keep their own kid involved in some system that teaches well.

Liberty has  a good to excellent online teaching program with real live involved instructors that do keep right up on each student's needs for attention, but it does also require  excellent home monitoring each day too.  

It is really tough out there these days A whole generation  is adversely affected! Much work needs to be done with much prayer each day  for our young, all our young.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

Slightly off topic, but I do feel like this is a multifaceted thing. The education system definitely feels like it's become increasingly hostile to Christianity just over the course of my lifetime. But there's other factors as well, such as attacks on Christian values in general and things like the internet and cell phones contributing to a larger than normal generation gap.

Hi,  I suggest this is post Christian America ( USA).  It is not even necessary for public education to be hostile to Christianity. There simply is not a strong battle being fought in the schools involving Christianity anymore.

The battle if there is one now is over  who "owns" the child, the State or the Parent and what constitutes being a parent or guardian. The State is running a mop up action now, having won that battle as  family units disintegrated for the most part.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,380
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/13/2023 at 9:17 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Are we witnessing a great deception people are adamant about, namely evolution?

It depends on what you mean by "evolution". 

If you mean the secular narrative of history, then yes, I would agree that there is a long-standing spiritual agenda to undermine the authority of scripture, and thereby secularize the western world.

Evolution theory and its adherents is a religion, the religion of atheism; there is no creator God

I don't think it is helpful to conflate separate concepts. 

"Atheism" is a faith.

Atheists do love the secular narrative of history because, a) it gives them an explanation for life (and the diversity of life) without invoking any god, and b) it can be used to call into question the reliability of scripture.

However, it is incorrect to claim "atheism" and the secular narrative of history are the same logical entity.

Creationism, alternates, and critical thinking are no longer allowed in most public schools and institutions of dumber learning. Teachers and professors having tenure are ostracized and removed for suggesting an alternative. They are more interested in brainwashing a lie, wokism, counterculture, genderism, and antisemitism. Many disallow conservative guests to speak to students.

It is ironic that those touting themselves as our intellectual superiors fail to recognize when they are the ones limiting the free exchange of ideas. That is, whilst claiming to be rationally objective, they often fail to factor in their own cognitive biases - employing tactics that essentially bully opposing ideas out of the conversation.

Who do we suppose Charles Darwin was inspired by and the religion of much of the world today?

I'm not sure what is the purpose of this question. The Bible tells us clearly that "the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one" (1 John 5:19). The existence of an anti-Christian agenda in the world should not be a surprise to any Christian.

His theory is one big lie from the father of lies

I don't see any benefit or purpose to sweeping statements such as this.

John 8:44 (KJV) Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Could we say the following verse also applies to those adherents of the religion of atheism?

From a Christian perspective, any non-Christian belief could be described as a "lie". Though I'm not sure what is achieved by stating this. I doubt you will be able to convince anyone who disagrees with you if you simply state to them that what they believe is a "lie".

Creation scientists have destroyed the theory of natural selection.

This is inaccurate. There is no logical conflict between the young earth creation position, and the concept of Natural Selection. Arguably, Natural Selection fits better within the young earth creation paradigm, than it does within the secular narrative.

Many geneticists have admitted DNA is so complex that it is impossible to have evolved, and there had to be an engineer.

What you have stated here is exaggerated.

It would be more accurate to claim that the elegant complexity of life (including the DNA code) is a strong indicator that a rational, sentient Designer created life.

In the scientific field, evolution theory is shifting from natural selection to our planet seeded by advanced extraterrestrial life – panspermia. Go ahead, check that out for yourself.

The concept of "pansermia" has been around for a long, long time. It makes an occasional rise in popularity every 4 or 5 years. Some people prefer it because it circumvents the improbabilities associated with life arising on earth (though it really just moves the same problems into outer-space). However, the popularity of "panspermia" has yet to provide any serious challenge to that of the standard secular narrative.

For decades, global governments and our own have denied, denied, and denied the existence of UFOs, and now they changed the name to UAPs for nefarious objectives. Suddenly, they pose a national security and aviation threat.

Why have they suddenly admitted all their lies and released soft disclosures thus far? Now, they are talking about aliens associated with them. If one reads the official government reports, one thing is evident in their investigations and reports. They stand firm on the lie of evolutionary theory.

I would suggest that the whole point of popularizing sentient space aliens is to promote the idea that life could evolve elsewhere. And if elsewhere, why not here?

Astrobiologists are having a field day and working overtime, trying to find any life on other planets to prove creationism wrong.

Technically, the Bible is silent regarding sentient space aliens. Therefore, despite allusions to the contrary, the existence of sentient space aliens would not "prove creationism wrong".

Could what is occurring now, a big deception and soft disclosure, be leading up to something bigger? Just thoughts…

There are many avenues of deception apparent in this fallen world - all leading to the great apostacy and ultimate judgement of the world - as described in Bible prophecy.