• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,685
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

No problem with the long response, but I was kind of even expecting this discussion was about over especially from your last comment to Dougg, but that’s really none of my business. But one thing I have to point out is what that great author(John) of Revelation pointed out in 1st John-2:18-23, which anyone can look up. But also in 2nd Thess.-2:4, which pretty much confirms(no pun intended) the coming of the “lawless one”, I won’t refer to him in that other term since obviously some here still dont believe he is anything other than some “mythical” figure. But I do believe any one man with that much power would most likely also be mentioned somewhere in the OT, in my opinion. Now regardless of what those verses in Daniel are saying I do believe that what Daniel 12:7 is saying can onl be interpreted for what it is very clearly saying…that there WILL be a final 3 1/2 years where this anti-Christ figure WILL be present…period.

Anyway that is really all that matters in regards to this subject and if anyone wants to keep going back in time to what might have happened even back when Antiochus or whoever was in power then so be it, but to me that only confuses further what is for this present day and age and what we are looking for to come to pass in the FUTURE and not what has already past. Because obviously not everyone agrees on those things but what is to come very SOON is not open to discussion but only to awaiting for it to occur, period.

Very nice and thank you for your thoughts!

If you do not mind, I would like to address your comment on the last 3.5 years. 

As I mentioned, the 70 weeks of years prophecy is such an important and amazing messianic prophecy concerning His first coming. There are two obligations that must be fulfilled in the restoration of Jerusalem, the Temple, the Sanctuary, the Sabbatical cycles, the Levitical ceremonies, etc., BEFORE the Messiah COULD AND WOULD arrive on the 1st day of the 70th week (last 7 years). The first part is the obligations or responsibilities given to the Jews in this restoration plan. They will be responsible to complete all the physical elements of the restoration- build the city, the streets, the walls and the Temple. Reinstate the Sabbatical cycles and ceremonies. And ALL of this was fulfilled by the Jews BEFORE the 1st day of the 70th week (483 of the 490 years were completed). They completed their part. 

The only remaining part of the restoration would be an obligation that could be fulfilled only by the Messiah. He is the only one able to restore the presence of God (Ark of the Covenant) in the Holy of Holies) in the form that f the Messiah. The Ark of the Covenant was the first piece of furniture removed before the coming Babylonians and would never be seen again. It would have thus be the last piece to be restored and this would occur on the 1st day of the last set aside week if the prophecy. 

Now, everything had been restored as needed and prophesied in Jerusalem. Now, the Messiah has this last week to fulfill His God given mission (9:24) DURING the last week. 

So both parties would fulfill their respective missions during these 490 years. Even though the Messiah was “cut off” in the middle of this last week, ALL was fulfilled- nothing was left to complete of the prophecy. 

However, there is ONE necessary requirement to complete BEFORE the Messiah can return and it can ONLY be fulfilled by the Jews - and it centers on these last or final 3.5 years of the prophecy. 

The 4th and final Great Jubilee began at the same time as the 70 weeks of years prophecy 457 BC. At the end of the 490 years, the prophecy would end as well as the 4th GJ. However, because they rejected and crucified their Messiah exactly in the “midst of the last week of the prophecy,” the counting of the 490 GJ stopped. They were no longer in good standing with their God. This happened during the 3rd GJ cycle as well. Consequently, the 490 years counting would end at 486.5 years exactly (still 3.5 years MUST be completed before the Messiah can return. 

As a result of the cross, the “Abomination that caused their desolation,” the Jews would be made desolate from their God for over 2000 years. Only when God removes the blindness from their eyes will they be brought back into their fellowship with their God who they rejected. Many blame the Jews for the cross and not seeing or recognizing their Messiah, but it was a divine act on the part of God to blind them from recognizing Jesus as their Messiah- thus was His plan. Now, it will once again be necessary for a divine act from God before His second coming. He will restore their sight on the One they have pierced and accept Jesus as their Messiah. This will cause them to go out into the world for the final 3.5 years and preach the Word of God and the Testimony of Jesus and complete the counting of the 4th GJ cycle. During these 3.5 years, in sack cloth and ashes, they will preach just as Paul did after his Damascus experience. It will be during these last 3.5 years when the little horn (papacy) and much of their followers will go against the Jews for what THEY contend is a different gospel that THEY have been preaching these last 1500 years. In actuality, the Jews WILL BE PREACHING THE TRUE GOSPEL, and it will look nothing like the corrupted teachings of the Church. They will be furious and attack the Jews with everything they can bring. This will be the beginning of the end for the little horn AND those that follow her! This will truly be a time of tribulation - everything is at stake here for the little horn. Their world and supremacy is challenged by these same Jews who were guilty of crucifying the Messiah. This will be the final battle or war BEFORE the Messiah returns. Everyone will have to choose to follow the little horn or the teachings of His people. They will preach the true Word of God and Jesus as Paul did - the way it was supposed to be taught and not a mix of paganism, tradition, etc., nor the belief that the pope is divine or god on earth, able to forgive sin, who is equal to God, etc.

After 3.5 years the 4th GJ will come to its end and bring in the return of the Messiah. The little horn will be destroyed without human hands as prophesied. 

These 3.5 years is the only period of time that MUST be completed…. But there is NO other requirement that was not completed or fulfilled regarding the 490 year prophecy. 

There is no 7 years tribulation (last week of the 70 years) that is sent into the future. There is no boogeyman (anti-Christ) figure coming at the beginning of this false 7 years. He in 9:27 is indeed “He” and not “he” which was created by this same little horn at the time of the Reformation. Jesus certainly “confirmed” His New Covenant with His people and, if accepted, made His Holy Spirit write His Words (10 Commandments) into our hearts of stone and from the tablets of stone. Pentecost confirmed His New Covenant. 

This will be the final battle for our salvation- during these last 3.5 years. Choose the little horn and follow him or the Lord and His teachings once again brought forward BEFORE the end. It will be a truly ugly time - son against father, daughter against mother, brothers against brothers, etc. 

Once again, sorry for the long response.. Daniel is such a tremendous prophetic book about the Messiah AND our salvation. 

Best wishes, Charlie 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  441
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Well I can agree with a lot of what you said but as for the rest I really cannot say? But I was just curious if you or anyone else reading this has ever heard of the so-called “teaching” taken from Revelation-9:5 about the 5 month period being what the last 42 months has been shortened to, according to what Christ declared in Matthew-24:22.

Either way i do believe those 1260 days will be shortened somewhat but how much I am just not either arrogant enough or enlightened enough(as some may be?) to really say for sure. But since I don’t at all believe in any kind of “rapture” event I would hope that last half of the final “week” would not be that long….but that is still yet to be seen?

1 hour ago, CaptWalker said:

Well I can agree with a lot of what you said but as for the rest I really cannot say? But I was just curious if you or anyone else reading this has ever heard of the so-called “teaching” taken from Revelation-9:5 about the 5 month period being what the last 42 months has been shortened to, according to what Christ declared in Matthew-24:22.

Either way i do believe those 1260 days will be shortened somewhat but how much I am just not either arrogant enough or enlightened enough(as some may be?) to really say for sure. But since I don’t at all believe in any kind of “rapture” event I would hope that last half of the final “week” would not be that long….but that is still yet to be seen?

Thanks again! There is no way of you knowing this (and even if you did it would not ensure my NEW interpretations on the book of Daniel are correct or will be accepted by the “Daniel” community. But I finished a NEW interpretation commentary on Daniel. It took me 5 years to complete and it is in the market place as of 11/19/23 (Amazon). It offers no less than 50 truly new interpretations that are based on the prophecies in Daniel that focus squarely on the coming Messiah (first advent) and His plan of salvation for all mankind, as opposed to ALL other interpretations that focus on the 4 kingdoms (a secular approach).

In any event, I have not studied Revelation- I am just at the beginning stages…

However, I have proposed in the chapter 9 commentary, that Matthew 24:15-22 is NOT speaking to the end times as ALL believe. 

As mentioned in one of my recent responses to your post (within last couple of days), that the AOD, or THE abomination that causes desolation is the Cross. This most horrific event of crucifying their Messiah is such an “abomination,” that could not be equaled in any other event in man’s history. 
Their rejection of Jesus would cause God to remove or make desolate any relationship He would have with His people. Complete desolation for the next 2000 years. 

Well, Matthew 24:15 begins with the mentioning of the AOD. He continues to where in verse 22 when Jesus tells him that, “unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved.”

Everyone interprets this as an end time event AND also marries that interpretation with their interpretation of the AOD end time event.

But BOTH are speaking about the death of the Messiah! 

God “set aside” the last week of the 70 weeks of years prophecy for HIS MESSIAH to complete or fulfill His mission (9:24). But God’s plan of salvation had ALWAYS included the Cross. And since the ONLY way to be saved is through the blood of the Messiah on the cross. Meaning, if “those days” - the days that made up the last week of the prophecy were not shortened by virtue of His crucifixion, NO FLESH WOULD EVER BE SAVED! 

The ONLY path to salvation is through the cross and it was His Father’s plan to have His Messiah go to the cross for the payment of our sins. Animal sacrifices never would give us salvation. He was crucified in the “midst” of the last week to save ALL THOSE WHO PLACED THEIR FAITH IN THE CROSS. 

Look forward to your response, Charlie 

Well I’m not sure exactly what the AOD was or will be but I just can’t see it being the Cross itself or crucifixion?
In Isaiah-53:8 it says “for He was CUT OFF out of the land of the living:for the transgression of my people was He stricken.”

And in verse 10…”Yet it PLEASED the Lord to bruise him…”

Now however you want to interpret that it just doesn’t sound to me like this was an “abomination” in the eyes of God/YHVH? And if you do go way back to the reign of Antiochus when he set up that AOD  in the temple it was an actual physical desecration which was a mocking of the Jews daily sacrifice. But the crucifixion was anything but that, rather it was a triumph over the daily sacrifice, but still not enough to cause the Jews to cease from that practice.

And even though I don’t always agree with mainstream teachings on Bible prophecy this is one point I do agree on, as far as a literal Antichrist figure bringing to pass that future prophecy in Daniel-9:27.  Anyway that’s just what I have to believe and guess we would just have to agree to disagree on this?

Edited by CaptWalker

2 minutes ago, CaptWalker said:

Well I’m not sure exactly what the AOD was or will be but I just can’t see it being the Cross itself or crucifixion?
In Isaiah-53:8 it says “for He was CUT OFF out of the land of the living:for the transgression of my people was He stricken.”

And in verse 10…”Yet it PLEASED the Lord to bruise him…”

Now however you want to interpret that it just doesn’t sound to me like this was an “abomination” in the eyes of God/YHVH? And if you do go way back to the reign of Antiochus that AOD that he set up in the temple was an actual physical desecration which was a mocking of the Jews daily sacrifice. But the crucifixion was anything but that, rather it was a triumph over the daily sacrifice, but still not enough to cause the Jews to cease from that practice. And even though I don’t always agree with mainstream teachings on Bible prophecy this is one point I do agree on, as far as a literal Antichrist figure bringing to pass those events in Daniel-9. Anyway that’s just what I have to believe and guess we would just have to agree to disagree on this?

No problem at all! In fact, I would say that 99.999999% believe the same as you do. And that is clearly today’s accepted interpretations.

Perhaps you might also consider this: God established 4 and only 4 kingdoms in Daniel. Each of the 4 were given a God given mission WITHIN His plan of salvation. 

The 3rd kingdom was Greece ruled by Alexander. The 4th kingdom was Rome. Between the these two kingdoms came many who desired to gain power after Alexander’s death. However, not one of them were WITHIN to he two last kingdoms, and they had no God given mission to fulfill within His plan of salvation. 

The 4 generals after Alexander would serve to bring an end to the 3rd kingdom. Everyone after them were not part of the 4th kingdom of Rome. They can be found in OUR history books, but they have no place in His prophecies or His plan of salvation. 

Antiochus and the Ptolemy’s are found between the 3rd and 4th kingdoms. 

The verses you mentioned in Isaiah do indeed speak of the cross. It was God’s plan to have His Messiah “cut off” or be the perfect sacrifice for our sins. 

If this isn’t the most abominable act ever found in the history of man, nothing is! 

It certainly cannot be the destruction of the Temple or the Sanctuary or anything like that… after all, these physical things were already completely destroyed by the Babylonians. And even more important, is that these physical elements would no longer have ANY importance since THEIR mission was fulfilled. The Messiah would do away with the Levitical ceremonies, the animal sacrifices, etc. The Temple and Sanctuary would never again have the presence of God within it. Again, they were now merely physical structures that have served their purpose. There destruction in 70 AD was nothing more than the destruction of a building. 

The complete destruction by the Babylonians did not cause God to be completely desolate from His people. They were punished but He brought them back and restored everything that was destroyed (purpose of the 70 weeks of years prophecy). 

However, their rejection AND crucifixion of their Messiah was on a whole other level! Nothing on earth could match such an horrific event than killing their God!!!!!

This “abomination” is the only event that could cause God to turn away from His people. They would be made desolate for 2000 years because of this. But, He will bring them back when the time of the Gentiles is finished. He will remove the blindness from their eyes (as He did with Paul) and for the last 3.5 years they will preach His Word and the Testimony of Jesus. 

If you take a 30,00o foot view of chapters 2,7,and 8, you might find that they are all presented quite similarly- the first 3 kingdoms are discussed but relatively quickly dismissed. But the 4th kingdom in these chapters are given so much more emphasis or weight. 

This tells us just how important the 4th kingdom is in Daniel’s prophecies- God’s plan of salvation. And that will definitely carry forward to the most misinterpreted chapter in Daniel- chapter 11.

In verses 11:1-4, God quickly dispenses with the two earlier kingdoms (2nd and 3rd). They are not given much ink… they are summarily thrown into the back mirror. They are done with. Then, God begins to provide all the important events and actors that can only be found in the 4th kingdom of Rome. And this is because this kingdom will reveal the coming of the Messiah, the cross, the beginning of His church as His disciples preach throughout the world, AND, the coming little horn of Daniel 7 and 8. 

It literally took me 7 months before complete exhaustion and I was completely void of ANY left in my attempt to try and interpret 11:5. EVERYONE accepts these verses speak about Antiochus and the Ptolemy’s because they follow the 4 generals after Alexander in OUR HISTORY BOOKS. But God is not writing a history book. 

Only when I was about to give up did I ask God if He might reveal the meaning behind 11:5 and the following verses. AND HE DID!! 

The key to 11:5 is to continue interpreting His prophetic verses, not by focusing on the secular kingdoms or the secular actors that DO FOLLOW Alexander, but those actors and events that continue to reveal His plan of salvation all the way through the 70 weeks of years prophecy. Remember, this is the most important prophecy in the Bible- the coming of the Messiah AT THE BEGINNING OF THE 70th week and ALL HE WOULD FULFILL TO COMPLETE HIS PLAN OF SALVATION FOR MANKIND. 

Consequently, 11:5 is telling us exactly when this verse is applicable to - it is when the Jews and the city, the Temple, etc., have now been completely restored and awaiting their Messiah. Only when the nation of Israel is ONCE AGAIN A “STRONG” nation will the coming events take place.. And of course, He would arrive in the time of Rome. 

Therefore, the king of the South (Israel) shall become strong again, and one of his princes (Messiah) shall gain power over him and have dominion. There are many verses in the OT that directly speak of the One that will be given dominion- it is only God (Messiah) that will be given dominion. 

From 11:6 onward, the verses continue to prophesied about the events that will occur after the cross. There is absolutely nothing in chapter 11 that is concerned with pre- pagan Rome. It is all about Him!

Yes I definitely agree it was/is ALL about Him and so I can easily see why someone would conclude that Daniel 9:27 is about the crucifixion ending the sacrifices.

I guess the main problem I have with it is that the abomination is centered in and around the temple area the same way it was when Antiochus IV sacrificed a pig on the altar, and the same way the “man of sin” will sit in the temple proclaiming to be God(2-Thess.2:4)

Also it never alludes to in any way that Christ ever confirmed the covenant for 7 years, and in fact the actual time of His ministry has been debated even though I’m pretty certain it was about 1260 days give or take. It would make sense if you put His actual birth date  in late September(which can be proved) and the crucifixion in late march or in April, so those extra 6 months added to 3 year ministry.

But either way I suppose this is one of those topics that will always be debated and it doesn’t seem like anyone is really open to changing there opinions about it. I do try to be open minded but at the same time I have to go with whatever makes the most sense to me, period. But like I always try to point out is that the only thing that really matters is the time period yet to come and to be prepared for that worldwide deception…unless you believe in a pretrib snatching away then obviously you wouldn’t be all too worried about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  1,272
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

On 1/30/2024 at 2:55 PM, Charlie744 said:

However, I have proposed in the chapter 9 commentary, that Matthew 24:15-22 is NOT speaking to the end times as ALL believe. 

Hi Charlie,

Mathew 24:15 is a continuation from Mathew 24: 1-14.

The disciples asked Jesus "what will be the signs of His coming and of the end of the age?"

So right away we can see that it is about the end of the age, or the end times.

Jesus tells them that:

"there will be many false Christs, many will be deceived.... wars and rumours of wars.... nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom.... famines, earthquakes.......

"you (disciples) will be delivered to tribulation.....you will be hated by all nations because of My name...... many will fall away and betray one another..... many false prophets will arise and mislead many.... lawlessness will abound.....love of many will grow cold......

"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations....and then the end shall come"

Now here it is..... the word that ties it all together..... "THEREFORE"

"THEREFORE..... when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of by Daniel the prophet....STANDING in the HOLY PLACE"

THEN those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains. Whoever is on the housetop must not go down to get things out that are in his house. Whoever is in the field must not go back to get his cloak. Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing..... pray that your flight will not be in winter....or on a Sabbath...... For then there will be great tribulation such as has not occured since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will...."

Did any of those things happen at the time of the crucifixion? 

Did the disciples flee when they saw the "cross"?

No.... they were told to hang around for a while until the Holy Spirit was given.

And.....

Was Jesus, or I should say 'the cross'......... was it "STANDING IN THE HOLY PLACE?"

NO. 

Jesus was crucified outside the city, outside of the Holy Place.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 1/30/2024 at 8:16 AM, Charlie744 said:

Very nice and thank you for your thoughts!

If you do not mind, I would like to address your comment on the last 3.5 years. 

As I mentioned, the 70 weeks of years prophecy is such an important and amazing messianic prophecy concerning His first coming. There are two obligations that must be fulfilled in the restoration of Jerusalem, the Temple, the Sanctuary, the Sabbatical cycles, the Levitical ceremonies, etc., BEFORE the Messiah COULD AND WOULD arrive on the 1st day of the 70th week (last 7 years). The first part is the obligations or responsibilities given to the Jews in this restoration plan. They will be responsible to complete all the physical elements of the restoration- build the city, the streets, the walls and the Temple. Reinstate the Sabbatical cycles and ceremonies. And ALL of this was fulfilled by the Jews BEFORE the 1st day of the 70th week (483 of the 490 years were completed). They completed their part. 

The only remaining part of the restoration would be an obligation that could be fulfilled only by the Messiah. He is the only one able to restore the presence of God (Ark of the Covenant) in the Holy of Holies) in the form that f the Messiah. The Ark of the Covenant was the first piece of furniture removed before the coming Babylonians and would never be seen again. It would have thus be the last piece to be restored and this would occur on the 1st day of the last set aside week if the prophecy. 

Now, everything had been restored as needed and prophesied in Jerusalem. Now, the Messiah has this last week to fulfill His God given mission (9:24) DURING the last week. 

So both parties would fulfill their respective missions during these 490 years. Even though the Messiah was “cut off” in the middle of this last week, ALL was fulfilled- nothing was left to complete of the prophecy. 

However, there is ONE necessary requirement to complete BEFORE the Messiah can return and it can ONLY be fulfilled by the Jews - and it centers on these last or final 3.5 years of the prophecy. 

The 4th and final Great Jubilee began at the same time as the 70 weeks of years prophecy 457 BC. At the end of the 490 years, the prophecy would end as well as the 4th GJ. However, because they rejected and crucified their Messiah exactly in the “midst of the last week of the prophecy,” the counting of the 490 GJ stopped. They were no longer in good standing with their God. This happened during the 3rd GJ cycle as well. Consequently, the 490 years counting would end at 486.5 years exactly (still 3.5 years MUST be completed before the Messiah can return. 

Shalom, Charlie744.

This is pretty good, as far as it goes! I commend you on seeing through the Pretrib rhetoric to get this far! However, I believe that the Messiah Himself must be present to fulfill the second half of the seventieth Seven. It was HE who split the last Seven when He left them "DESOLATE." Consider this comparison of verses:

Daniel 9:27 (KJV)

27 And he (the Messiah) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate,even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate (the children of Israel, particularly the children of Judah or the Jews).

Matthew 23:1-39 (KJV)

1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2 Saying,

"The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, [that] observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay [them] on men's shoulders; but they [themselves] will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries (memory verse boxes worn on the forehead), and enlarge the borders (lengthen the tsitsits or tassels) of their garments (talits or prayer shawls), 6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, 'Rabbi, Rabbi!' 8 But be not ye called 'Rabbi': for one is your 'Master (Teacher),' [even] Christ (the Messiah); and all ye are brethren. 9 And call no [man] your 'father' upon the earth: for one is your 'Father,' which is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called 'masters': for one is your 'Master,' [even] Christ. 11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

13 "But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in [yourselves], neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in!

14 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation!

15 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves!

16 "Woe unto you, [ye] blind guides, which say, 'Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!' 17 [Ye] fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? 18 And, 'Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty!' 19 [Ye] fools and blind: for whether [is] greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? 20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. 21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. 22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon!

23 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier [matters] of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone! 24 [Ye] blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel!

25 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26 [Thou] blind Pharisee, cleanse first that [which is] within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also!

27 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead [men's] bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

29 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 30 And say, 'If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.' 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets! 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers! 33 [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell (condemnation of gei-Hinnowm)? 34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and [some] of them ye shall kill and crucify; and [some] of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute [them] from city to city: 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar! 36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation!

37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, [thou] that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under [her] wings, and ye would not!"

38 "Behold, your house is left unto you DESOLATE! 39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, 'Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the LORD.'" (Psalm 118:26)

This is the record in Matthew's Gospel that is the "fanning out of abominations" that brought on their DESOLATION! And, it was Yeeshuwa` the Messiah Himself who pronounced them "DESOLATE!" And, they will remain so UNTIL they can say, "Baruwkh haba' b-shem YHWH! " "Welcome, the Comer on the authority of YHWH! "

This He said in the MIDDLE of the 70th Seven, and HE split the Seven here! Then, He was crucified and "caused the sacrifice and the oblation to cease!" He did this when HE HIMSELF became the FINAL SACRIFICE which God would accept, as "haKeves 'Elohiym," "the Lamb of God," the payment and propitiation for sins! (See Hebrews 9-10.)

The covenant He made with many for one Seven, was the DAVIDIC COVENANT (2 Samuel 7 and 1 Chronicles 17), as announced by Gabriel to Mary (Luke 1:30-33), and the reason for why He was announced by the Magi as "the King of the Jews," following the example of His father King David (Matthew 2:1-2), who reigned over the tribe of Judah for 7 years before He moved to Jerusalem as the King of all Israel!

As a result of the cross, the “Abomination that caused their desolation,” the Jews would be made desolate from their God for over 2000 years.

YES! THIS is the period of "Great Tribulation" or "HUGE Pressure" put upon those left DESOLATE until they can cry, "Uncle! We give up! We WELCOME the Messiah of God!"

Only when God removes the blindness from their eyes will they be brought back into their fellowship with their God who they rejected. Many blame the Jews for the cross and not seeing or recognizing their Messiah, but it was a divine act on the part of God to blind them from recognizing Jesus as their Messiah- thus was His plan. Now, it will once again be necessary for a divine act from God before His second coming. He will restore their sight on the One they have pierced and accept Jesus as their Messiah. This will cause them to go out into the world for the final 3.5 years and preach the Word of God and the Testimony of Jesus and complete the counting of the 4th GJ cycle. During these 3.5 years, in sack cloth and ashes, they will preach just as Paul did after his Damascus experience.

Again, this is pretty good, except that "removing the blinders" on the children of Israel will take time, and it is already underway! They are coming to their Messiah even now, a person at a time, but in such numbers that Israel has objected to the "Missionaries" in the Land of Israel! They're already feeling the pinch! Of course, the revelation of the Messiah will be an "eye-opener" for the rest, and "all Israel shall be rescued!" Zechariah (12:10b) says, "'they shall look upon me whom they have pierced,' and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

"11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon. 12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of DAVID apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of NATHAN apart, and their wives apart; 13 The family of the house of LEVI apart, and their wives apart; the family of SHIMEI apart, and their wives apart; 14 ALL THE FAMILIES THAT REMAIN, every family apart, and their wives apart."

And, these four names singled out are FOUND IN THE LINEAGE OF THE MESSIAH in Luke 3!

Luke 3:23-38 (KJV)

23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was [the son] of Heli, 24 Which was [the son] of Matthat, which was [the son] of Levi, which was [the son] of Melchi, which was [the son] of Janna, which was [the son] of Joseph, 25 Which was [the son] of Mattathias, which was [the son] of Amos, which was [the son] of Naum, which was [the son] of Esli, which was [the son] of Nagge, 26 Which was [the son] of Maath, which was [the son] of Mattathias, which was [the son] of SEMEI, which was [the son] of Joseph, which was [the son] of Juda, 27 Which was [the son] of Joanna, which was [the son] of Rhesa, which was [the son] of Zorobabel, which was [the son] of Salathiel, which was [the son] of Neri, 28 Which was [the son] of Melchi, which was [the son] of Addi, which was [the son] of Cosam, which was [the son] of Elmodam, which was [the son] of Er, 29 Which was [the son] of Jose, which was [the son] of Eliezer, which was [the son] of Jorim, which was [the son] of Matthat, which was [the son] of LEVI, 30 Which was [the son] of Simeon, which was [the son] of Juda, which was [the son] of Joseph, which was [the son] of Jonan, which was [the son] of Eliakim, 31 Which was [the son] of Melea, which was [the son] of Menan, which was [the son] of Mattatha, which was [the son] of NATHAN, which was [the son] of DAVID, 32 Which was [the son] of Jesse, which was [the son] of Obed, which was [the son] of Booz, which was [the son] of Salmon, which was [the son] of Naasson, 33 Which was [the son] of Aminadab, which was [the son] of Aram, which was [the son] of Esrom, which was [the son] of Phares, which was [the son] of Juda, 34 Which was [the son] of Jacob, which was [the son] of Isaac, which was [the son] of Abraham, which was [the son] of Thara, which was [the son] of Nachor, 35 Which was [the son] of Saruch, which was [the son] of Ragau, which was [the son] of Phalec, which was [the son] of Heber, which was [the son] of Sala, 36 Which was [the son] of Cainan, which was [the son] of Arphaxad, which was [the son] of Sem, which was [the son] of Noe, which was [the son] of Lamech, 37 Which was [the son] of Mathusala, which was [the son] of Enoch, which was [the son] of Jared, which was [the son] of Maleleel, which was [the son] of Cainan, 38 Which was [the son] of Enos, which was [the son] of Seth, which was [the son] of Adam, which was [the son] of God.

The next 3.5 years, His "earthly ministry" or the "First half of His offer of the Kingdom to Israel," are the first half of the seventieth Seven. The Second half of that offer will be continued after He has arrived.

It will be during these last 3.5 years when the little horn (papacy) and much of their followers will go against the Jews for what THEY contend is a different gospel that THEY have been preaching these last 1500 years. In actuality, the Jews WILL BE PREACHING THE TRUE GOSPEL, and it will look nothing like the corrupted teachings of the Church.

CORRECT! They will be heralding the good news about the KINGDOM, which doesn't begin until the Messiah is seated on the Throne of David in the Land, as Yeeshuwa` prophesied in Matthew 24:14.

They will be furious and attack the Jews with everything they can bring. This will be the beginning of the end for the little horn AND those that follow her! This will truly be a time of tribulation - everything is at stake here for the little horn. Their world and supremacy is challenged by these same Jews who were guilty of crucifying the Messiah. This will be the final battle or war BEFORE the Messiah returns. Everyone will have to choose to follow the little horn or the teachings of His people. They will preach the true Word of God and Jesus as Paul did - the way it was supposed to be taught and not a mix of paganism, tradition, etc., nor the belief that the pope is divine or god on earth, able to forgive sin, who is equal to God, etc.

After 3.5 years the 4th GJ will come to its end and bring in the return of the Messiah. The little horn will be destroyed without human hands as prophesied. 

These 3.5 years is the only period of time that MUST be completed…. But there is NO other requirement that was not completed or fulfilled regarding the 490 year prophecy. 

This is a little off in the timing. One should understand that the 3.5 years will be WHEN the Messiah has arrived. It will continue His offer of the Kingdom to the children of Israel, and it will be the time needed to gather all that are His, purge His Land of the Intruders, and rebuild what needs repair.

There is no 7 years tribulation (last week of the 70 years) that is sent into the future. There is no boogeyman (anti-Christ) figure coming at the beginning of this false 7 years.

Right on both accounts. That which is called "antichrist" in Scripture is the DENIAL that Yeeshuwa` is the LORD'S Christ! the LORD'S Messiah! It's a "SPIRIT" - an ATTITUDE - of denial. The PERSON is called "the man of sin" or "the one against the Law," but then, we've got PLENTY of those today!

He in 9:27 is indeed “He” and not “he” which was created by this same little horn at the time of the Reformation. Jesus certainly “confirmed” His New Covenant with His people and, if accepted, made His Holy Spirit write His Words (10 Commandments) into our hearts of stone and from the tablets of stone. Pentecost confirmed His New Covenant. 

Actually, the New Covenant is between the children of Israel and God. Now, we can be PART of that New Covenant through adoption, but it was NOT directed at Gentiles at all. The Covenant that He fulfills in His ascension to the throne is the DAVIDIC Covenant - the promise made to David that his Seed, one of his heirs, would sit on his throne FOREVER. Shavu'ot ("Pentecost") was the BEGINNING of what would become the New Covenant. It is the giving of haRuwach haQodesh Elohiym, The Holy Spirit of God. 

This will be the final battle for our salvation- during these last 3.5 years. Choose the little horn and follow him or the Lord and His teachings once again brought forward BEFORE the end. It will be a truly ugly time - son against father, daughter against mother, brothers against brothers, etc.

Again, it's just timing. Revelation SIX is the sign of the sun, moon, and stars! And, this happens IMMEDIATELY AFTER the Great Tribulation.

Matthew 24:29-31 (KJV)

29 "IMMEDIATELY AFTER the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

You're describing the struggle AFTER His coronation (Revelation 11); while His Kingdom is still young, the Beast will attack.

Once again, sorry for the long response.. Daniel is such a tremendous prophetic book about the Messiah AND our salvation. 

Best wishes, Charlie 

Yeah, me too, in this response.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

18 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi Charlie,

The disciples asked Jesus "what will be the signs of His coming and of the end of the age?"

Shalom, JoeCanada.

Actually, SOME of it is about the "end of the age, or the end times," but SOME of it was more recent for the disciples to whom He was talking.

if one looks at all three of the Synoptic Gospels (Matthew 24, 25, Mark 13, and Luke 21), comparing them in the Greek first BEFORE translation into English, one will see that Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") was speaking in a "sawtooth pattern." That is, He would start in the near future and then look forward into the distant future for a while, and then snap back to the near future again, and drift into the distant future ... He repeats this pattern several times throughout the Olivet Discourse.

So, some of what He said was aimed directly to His disciples' NEAR future, and some was about the DISTANT future. The destruction of the Temple and the surrounding of Jerusalem was in the near future, 66 to 70 A.D., but it also talks about after the Bar Kokhba revolt in 132-135 A.D., in fact. However, the return of our Lord, is still in our future.

Jesus tells them that:

"there will be many false Christs, many will be deceived.... wars and rumours of wars.... nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom.... famines, earthquakes.......

Yes, indeed. And, this has happened several times down throughout the last 2,000 years, beginning with Simon Bar Kokhba, who claimed to be the Messiah. Obviously, this covers a LONG time period, as well, for "nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom.... famines, earthquakes, etc." doesn't happen overnight!

"you (disciples) will be delivered to tribulation.....

And, this began EARLY! Verse 9 in Matthew 24 talks about it!

Matthew 24:9 (KJV)

9 "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted (Greek: τότε παραδώσουσιν ὑμᾶς εἰς θλῖψιν = "then they-shall-deliver you into tribulation"), and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake."

He was talking to His disciples who were all Jews, and this is part of the "thipsin" (θλῖψιν) or "tribulation" or "pressure" that was brought upon them as Jews.

you will be hated by all nations because of My name...... many will fall away and betray one another..... many false prophets will arise and mislead many.... lawlessness will abound.....love of many will grow cold......

"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations....and then the end shall come"

Right, and again, this is talking about a LONG TIME! Many false prophets or messiahs don't happen all at the same time. A people group can be deceived by a single messiah or a single false prophet, recognize the deceit, and avoid it for a while until the next time that a similar group of people can be deceived again by a different person.

This "gospel" is not what many call "the gospel" today. It is not talking about the "death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ" here. First of all, this was spoken before His death, and His disciples didn't even believe He was going to die, let alone be buried and resurrected!

No, this "gospel" is the good news about the KINGDOM!

Isaiah 52:7 (KJV)

7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, "Thy God reigneth!"

"THEREFORE..... when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of by Daniel the prophet....STANDING in the HOLY PLACE"

This is an instance when Yeeshuwa` SNAPS back to the NEAR future. He's talking about prior to the destruction of the Temple around 66 A.D. This is when they were warned to flee! And, they DID flee! They fled across the mountains of Israel to Pella in what is now Jordan!

THEN those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains. Whoever is on the housetop must not go down to get things out that are in his house. Whoever is in the field must not go back to get his cloak. Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing..... pray that your flight will not be in winter....or on a Sabbath...... For then there will be great tribulation such as has not occured since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will...."

At the crucifixion, no; at the siege of Jerusalem in 66 A.D. before the Temple's destruction in 70 A.D., YES! 

No.... they were told to hang around for a while until the Holy Spirit was given.

And.....

Was Jesus, or I should say 'the cross'......... was it "STANDING IN THE HOLY PLACE?"

NO. 

This is really a "non-argument." You're making the mistake of thinking that the cross is when any of this happened. The time when Yeeshuwa` pronounced the city DESOLATE was just before He went to the cross. The cross just finalized what was to come. It was the "period" at the end of the sentence, midway in the final Seven of Daniel 9. It was YEESHUWA` ("JESUS") who split the Seven in half! They rejected His offer of the Kingdom; so, He rejected that generation! He tabled the offer until a future generation would accept Him. The END of the seventieth Seven is yet to come. Now, we are in that period called the "GREAT tribulation" or the "HUGE or LONG Pressure" primarily put on the Jews! It is the "Time of Jacob's Trouble," and it will continue until THEY can say, "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!" or "Welcome, He who comes on the authority of YHWH! "

• Loved it! 1

On 2/1/2024 at 11:51 AM, JoeCanada said:

Hi Charlie,

Jesus tells them that:

"you (disciples) will be delivered to tribulation.....you will be hated by all nations because of My name...... many will fall away and betray one another..... many false prophets will arise and mislead many.... lawlessness will abound.....love of many will grow cold......

And.....

NO. 

Thanks for your  comments! If you do not mind, would you take a look at some of the comments I made to the verses in Matthew 24:1-24, thanks.

1Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

3Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

There are a few comments to these first few verses:

1) Jesus is found to comment at two different locations,

2) Jesus is definitely commenting on the destruction of the Temple that will occur in 70 AD,

3) I also believe He is speaking directly to His disciples as they will (most) actually witness the destruction in 70 AD,

4) Then, on the Mount of Olives He is asked "when will these things be." And again, He seems to inform them it will be during their life time,

5) But His disciples also ask Him two other questions; what will be the sign of your coming, and the end of the age,

So, before Jesus answers them we may have at least 3 separate time periods to consider.

4And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for [a]all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of sorrows.9“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

In these verses, it seems Jesus is speaking of those things that will occur over a great period - not only the literal end times, but those times perhaps from the cross to the actual end times.

15“Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16“then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the [c]elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

In these verses, ALL contend they speak of the end times when mankind will experience the Great Tribulation AND where the mythical  anti-Christ figure will arrive in the fictiitous 7 last years of the 70 weeks of years prophecy and somehow cause an "abomination" ... But there is absolutely NO 7 year tribulation period at the end of time, NO anti-Christ figure arriving, No 3rd Temple to be built, etc. ALL of these are intentional misinterpretations / gross misintrerpertations created by the little horn during the Reformation period.

The AOD or the Abomination that causes desolation is the cross. Obviously, this occured at the time of the Messiah before the end of the 490 year prophecy. It is my belief Jesus is speaking to His immediate audience as they are essentially asked to "read and let them understand."  This does not mean there is not a message for us,  but it is, to me, directed to His disciples and those living at that time.

If you can accept the cross is the "AOD", then it should not be difficult to accept the interpretation that His death - the crucifixion that occurred in the "midst of the week" (last week of the 70 weeks prophecy), refers to the cutting short of those days (last week) where His sacrifice will be the only means of salvation for mankind. It Jesus did not die on the cross, there would not be a perfect sacrifice and way to remove our sins. This affects everyone not just His disciples. Unfortunately, I have NOT attempted to unpack the verses that He specifically spoken -those on the housetop, those in the field, those that are pregnent or those traveling on the Sabbath, but I know each one of them will be such a valuable message - to those at His time, and to those after.....

23“Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25See, I have told you beforehand.

Once again, He could be speaking to those of ANY period in time. In my study of Daniel, I have found that when the verses are just so difficult to interpret and unpack, they are usually thrown far into the future at the end of time. Well, I don't  believe that and most of Daniel speaks to His time than anything else.

Regarding your comment concerning the Abomination standing in the holy place. This was a comment coming from Jesus and He wanted His diciples to understand this was speaking of Him. Here is a cut / paste from the New Interpretations - Book of Daniel from chapter 9:

Here are three verses in the New Testament that speak directly to Daniel 9:27c (should you accept it):

Matthew 24:15, 15Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (whoever reads, let him understand,)

Mark 13:14, 14But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,)

Luke 21:20, 20But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near.

Matthew 24:15 and Mark 13:14 both speak of the “abomination of desolation,” but there is a very noticeable difference between the two, while Luke does not mention this phrase. Rather, he speaks to the desolation of physical things.

Matthew 24:15.…. “standing in the holy place.”

Mark 13:14……… “standing where it ought not.”

Luke 21:20………. “but when you see Jerusalem.”

These three verses do not all speak to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 AD. Perhaps they are meant to send their own unique message as well as confirm the timing and identity of the abomination that causes desolation.

In Matthew, he states that this "abomination" will be standing in the holy place. This is not a figure of speech, but rather someone literally standing in the holy place. This is referring to the Messiah. Certainly, Jesus came to the Temple, and He would be found "standing in the holy place". In Matthew's Gospel, he is writing specifically to a Jewish audience. His gospel is to confirm that Jesus was their Messiah, their King, and their High Priest. Consequently, He belongs in the holy place, and we should expect to find Him in the holy place.

However, Mark is not writing to the Jews as their coming Messiah. He is writing about Jesus as though He were a servant. Everything in Mark speaks to the services and actions that Jesus would conduct as a servant. And indeed, Jesus was our suffering servant. Therefore, a "servant", even this "Suffering Servant," would not be expected to be found in the holy place; that is not where a servant belongs.

In Luke, we do not find mention of a servant or a king. This is because Luke is writing about Jesus as a man. Consequently, although this "man" was crucified, Luke does not assign the complete destruction and desolation to "a man.” The "abomination" (crucifixion) of their Messiah causes complete desolation between His people and God. The abomination or crucifixion of "a man" could not cause such a spiritual desolation between God and His people. But also notice that in Luke, he concentrates only on the city of Jerusalem. He does not mention or refer to the temple or the sanctuary. Meaning, this "man" did not cause the temple or the sanctuary to be destroyed spiritually. Only the crucifixion of the Messiah (God) could be the cause of the destruction of the Temple and the sanctuary (fulfillment).

Yet all three gospels speak about the exact same event: the complete destruction of the city, the temple, the land, etc. Jesus is identifying in all three gospels that He (His crucifixion) is the AOD—the “abomination that causes desolation.” In a sense, He is "triangulating" this message; He is making sure we see Him from three very different angles, where they will or can only point to Him as this "abomination," not some secular person in our history books, and certainly no mystical anti-Christ figure coming 2000 years in the future. These are truly messianic verses and belong to the Messiah during the last week of Daniel’s seventy-weeks-of-years prophecy. And perhaps there is another thing to consider. In Matthew and Mark, Jesus will mention the exact same phrase, but not in Luke:

... spoken of by Daniel the prophet,"

So, what was Jesus referring to in Daniel? Was He referring to the two different verses in Daniel? Was His reference in Matthew meant to focus on Daniel 9:25c, the Messiah the Prince (Messiah the King), while Mark’s reference would direct us to Daniel 9:26a, the Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself (suffering servant)? And it should be no surprise that this phrase is not mentioned in Luke. Daniel was not given any understanding that his Messiah, his God, would come out of heaven as a man. Jesus would be prophesied in Isaiah 53:1-2 as coming as a man, but Daniel did not speak of the Messiah in this manner.

1Who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? 2For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, And as a root out of dry ground. He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, there is no beauty that we should desire Him.

However, in Luke 19:41-44, the destruction of Jerusalem is clearly linked with the rejection of Jesus,

41And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, 42Saying, If thou had known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. 43For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, 44And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall n leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knew not the time of thy visitation.

And above in Matthew and Mark, Jesus specifically tells them, "Let him that readeth understand.” Who was he speaking to? Where His disciples supposed to read the scriptures after His crucifixion and understand that this was indeed speaking of Jesus? And finally, there is another series of verses found in Matthew 24. There are a series of questions posed to Jesus, and He provides His disciples with some very difficult statements.

There is one section of Chapter 24, verses 15 to 22, that, for the most part, are interpreted to be end-time events. Perhaps there is another interpretation where these verses, or part of them, speak to Jesus during His 3.5-year ministry (and therefore, 9:24–27).

15Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand). ….22And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

Above are the first and last verses within the first section of Matthew’s Chapter 24 that are typically recalled when speaking of the "great tribulation period.” These eight verses (15–22) are all treated as end-time events. However, there may be another interpretation to consider where they speak to the last week in Daniel’s seventy-weeks-of-years prophecy. Within this last week, Jesus, who has been identified in this commentary as the "abomination that causes desolation", will be crucified. During His entire ministry, He has spoken words that would only come from His Father; no one spoke like Him.

He healed the sick, the blind, the diseased, and the lame. He brought people back from the dead, walked on water, and performed so many other miraculous events.

To put it candidly, there is not much more He could have done to reveal and prove He was their Messiah; He was Emmanuel, God on earth. He could have continued doing all of these things and even more had He chosen, but He proved His point, and the cross was definitely part of His plan of salvation. No matter how long Jesus would have walked the earth and performed the same miracles each day, He would not have been accepted as their God or Messiah. Consequently, God would include the cross in His plan of salvation. And, hopefully, this will bring each individual to consider His 3.5 years of teaching, His miracles, and all that He preached, and go back into the Scriptures (Tanakh) to find Him in the hundreds of messianic prophecies. And of course, His crucifixion and resurrection would capture everyone’s attention—did this man really rise from the dead?

The Lord would not finish the entire seven-year set-aside period of Daniel’s seventy-weeks-of-years prophecy, but He was willing to accept His own crucifixion, so each would have to make a choice. In this way, Jesus would be the sacrificial Lamb of God who would take away the sin of the world. The crucifixion would require and demand that every individual make their own choice if Jesus is their savior and Lord. He did not come to be a healer, a magician, a good man, a prophet, etc. He came to save the world.

Jesus would shorten those days (the last week in Daniel’s seventy-weeks-of-years prophecy); otherwise, no flesh would be saved.

Without the cross, there is no salvation. Jesus would willingly be God’s sacrificial Lamb and be crucified. He is the One who would willingly shorten those days within the last week of Daniel’s seventy-weeks-of-years prophecy. This is not an end-time event or prophecy, but once again, it speaks to the One this book is written. Can God weave such an amazing plan of salvation?

Every thread in Daniel is perfectly connected and sewn together. Pulling out a few threads by the little horn will not destroy the image on this tapestry—that is, unless you want it to!

Once again, thanks for your comments, best wishes, Charlie