Help the persecuted Christians!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Every day, many christians from around the world are persecuted for their faiths because they believe in Jesus. They are imprisoned, tortured and killed, and their wives and children are left to fend for themselves.
As Christians, we are called to love one another as Christ has loved us! Indifference or not being aware of our suffering brothers and sisters in Christ's plights are no excuses for our sins of not helping the persecuted church of God!
Not long ago, I downloaded logos software and told God I wanted to go deep into His Word and study various commentaries of the bible. I wanted to purchase some of the commentaries at logos bible software because of that.
However, I felt a prompting by the Holy Spirit to give my money to [link removed] an organization which helps the persecuted church instead. I really struggle with this decision as I desire to be knowledgeable about God. But the Holy Spirit reminded me that many christians in the persecuted countries do not even have a bible of their own. Why am I seeking so many extra christian resources for myself while christians elsewhere do not even have the very basic--the Holy Bible.
After some struggles, I give in to the Holy Spirit. I also feel convicted to encourage other believers in Christ to spare a thought for the persecuted church, and contribute in whatever ways they can, whether financially or through prayers.
We are a body of Christ. Let us remember our suffering brothers and sisters.
Edited by Michael37
Solicitation detected
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Another good organization is Christian Aid located in Virginia.   They even help in Muslim countries (underground missionaries).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

Well said this is a forgotten ministry by most Christians.
Think I'm wrong?
When did you last attend a prayer meeting for the persecuted church?
When did you last pray intelligently for persecuted Christians?
When was there any information given about the persecuted church in a church meeting?

As I said a shameful forgotten ministry.

If challenged one can start by looking at and starting to subscribe to any of the missionary agencies try:-

Open Doors UK & Ireland

Open Doors serves persecuted Christians around the world by providing vital support, delivering resources, and providing training.

www.opendoorsuk.org

Feba

Charity

www.feba.org.uk

Barnabas Aid: Hope and Aid for the Persecuted Church

Barnabas Aid works to provide hope and aid for suffering Christians.

www.barnabasaid.org

Poverty is not God's plan. You are.

Be part of transforming communities and empowering people to lift themselves out of poverty.

www.tearfund.org

Or any third world missionary society they all report on the suffering Christian.

Then talk to your minister about your churches involvement or lack of.
Most minister will promptly pass the buck back to you.
So go prepared to ask for a monthly 5-10 minute slot in the church service to talk about the persecution of Christians.
Meet with the pastor and elders to advocate the church officially supports an agency supporting persecuted Christians with prayer and cash.
Suggest the youth work takes an interest maybe by sponsoring a child in a persecuted group?
Arrange for a monthly prayer meeting, where depends on numbers.
You will need to prepare briefing sheets for the countries being prayed for, the organisations above will supply details.
If there is a church magazine or Web site, write articles for submission.
Find out about meetings else where about the persecuted Church, advertise them and where possible attend.

Finally start fund raising to support what ever organisations your church is willing to support.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Always praying which is the number one thing believers need to do for that is where the battle is.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Actually International Christian Concern(Persecution.org) main corporate office is located on Pennsylvania Ave in DC not far at all from the White House and has been there for many years…yet I have yet to ever hear one president in office ever mention them or persecuted Christians.
So bottom line is that it is going to be up to US alone who are aware of this to help in any way, because obviously mainstream Church denominations either don’t have the time money or resources to make any kind of significant difference and therefore simply pretend that this problem doesn’t even exist.

Anyway that’s just my take on it and I feel like I have a right to say so having been of regular supporter/tither to them and occasionally Voice of the Martyrs. But some unforeseen financial and personal issues in the past few years have pretty much put an end to that, but I still do whatever I can to help get the word out. But sad to say that this just seems like another one of those problems that the “Church” will keep sweeping under the rug, almost as if it were embarrassing to even acknowledge?

Edited by CaptWalker
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 1/8/2024 at 12:12 AM, CaptWalker said:

have yet to ever hear one president in office ever mention them or persecuted Christians.

How do they know about persecuted christians?

See

https://advocacy.opendoorsuk.org/page/137212/action/1?ea.tracking.id=bq9i6ev4

They involve as many me bers of parliament  as they can.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/7/2024 at 7:12 PM, CaptWalker said:

Actually International Christian Concern(Persecution.org) main corporate office is located on Pennsylvania Ave in DC not far at all from the White House and has been there for many years…yet I have yet to ever hear one president in office ever mention them or persecuted Christians.
So bottom line is that it is going to be up to US alone who are aware of this to help in any way, because obviously mainstream Church denominations either don’t have the time money or resources to make any kind of significant difference and therefore simply pretend that this problem doesn’t even exist.

Anyway that’s just my take on it and I feel like I have a right to say so having been of regular supporter/tither to them and occasionally Voice of the Martyrs. But some unforeseen financial and personal issues in the past few years have pretty much put an end to that, but I still do whatever I can to help get the word out. But sad to say that this just seems like another one of those problems that the “Church” will keep sweeping under the rug, almost as if it were embarrassing to even acknowledge?

Hi CaptWalker, Interesting post.

While I don't know about what  "the church" thinks or does, I do know what  some if not many local bodies of Christ do. It is not only providing physical and spiritual support of what is being called persecuted Christians, it is being them as well.

I do see that here at WCF there is now opportunity to provide support for Christian families at Israel so even here there is support for persecuted Christians. Your post is encouragement for me to be in prayer as to what I might be doing that I am not already involved in at this time. May that encouragement along with  prayer result in a leading  by the Holy Spirit. 

I really don't think it is a presidential thing, a political issue, so much as a personal one. I do not think a president to be closer to God than any of us, God not being a respecter of persons. God hears individual pleas, also giving us our lead through the Holy Spirit that indwells  each of us individually.

Thanks for a call to action.