• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,561
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

23 hours ago, Alexis8763 said:

Hear me out.. 

This world is made for those who indulge in the flesh. We can’t really care about food that much, we even should fast, or we have the sin of gluttony. We aren’t supposed to care about money or how much we make and we should give some to God. The secular people drink to excess, travel, party, go to fancy places/take vacations..We are not to care about in general what a lot of the world cares about.

These people care about everything but the things of God. For a Christian, life can be very boring. Sure you can raise kids (if you want), or you can be in ministry, but since I started not caring about what the world cares about, I’m wondering besides my purpose of spreading the good news, is anyone else feeling miserable just seeing that we aren’t meant to even be here? We are meant for a heavenly kingdom. I know that. Yet basically everything on earth is meant for secular people. I would rather be in Heaven worshipping my Maker than being here on earth constantly fighting a battle because I’m resisting the Devil. I know Paul also desired this. 

Hi @Alexis8763 It's question of balance and moderation, right?

If a Christian owns a restaurant, s/he needs to be able to cook / supervise cooking well.

If s/he owns a hairdressing business, s/he needs to be able to do good haircuts.

It's when excess and self-absorption emerge that problems arise........

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

23 hours ago, Alexis8763 said:

Hear me out.. 

This world is made for those who indulge in the flesh. We can’t really care about food that much, we even should fast, or we have the sin of gluttony. We aren’t supposed to care about money or how much we make and we should give some to God. The secular people drink to excess, travel, party, go to fancy places/take vacations..We are not to care about in general what a lot of the world cares about.

These people care about everything but the things of God. For a Christian, life can be very boring. Sure you can raise kids (if you want), or you can be in ministry, but since I started not caring about what the world cares about, I’m wondering besides my purpose of spreading the good news, is anyone else feeling miserable just seeing that we aren’t meant to even be here? We are meant for a heavenly kingdom. I know that. Yet basically everything on earth is meant for secular people. I would rather be in Heaven worshipping my Maker than being here on earth constantly fighting a battle because I’m resisting the Devil. I know Paul also desired this. 

Keep in mind that Satan turned on God while in heaven....   Consider this as a test to see if you will turn on God, even when things are not so good.   

BTW, you can have a good life as a Christian.  Get with some good folks ( usually within churches) and just enjoy life.  Stop watching the main stream news and live a life that promotes Jesus.  Be a good example in this sick world.  People notice, and you might have a good effect on  folks.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

1 minute ago, other one said:

Keep in mind that Satan turned on God while in heaven....   Consider this as a test to see if you will turn on God, even when things are not so good.   

BTW, you can have a good life as a Christian.  Get with some good folks ( usually within churches) and just enjoy life.  Stop watching the main stream news and live a life that promotes Jesus.  Be a good example in this sick world.  People notice, and you might have a good effect on  folks.

@other one To keep 'looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith' (Hebrews 12.2) is indeed a good exhortation.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,798
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/8/2024 at 11:48 AM, Alexis8763 said:

Hear me out.. 

If you love your fellow man (neighbor), which is the Way of Christ, life should then not be too boring. The alternative, as you describe is the love for the carnal pleasures this world, which unfortunately, most of us, including myself, are guilty of. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

You all have such insightful wisdom! I do pray that I can continue in the way of God for the rest of my life and turn my eyes away from worthless things.  I do plan on having fellowship with believers again, which I think will encourage me more. Thank you for all your responses, I’ve enjoyed reading them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

16 hours ago, AdHoc said:

You are absolutely correct. The Christian life is dreary in respect of worldly things. Let's view God's original plans.
- God makes His man and puts him in a garden called "Pleasure"
- God causes a climatic condition where man needs no clothes and fruit grows abundantly
- Even under curse the Land God gives His People is one "flowing with milk and honey"
- Even under curse God promises temporal blessings of health, wealth and long life if you kept His Laws
- For the dead, who are in an unnatural state (2nd Cor.5:1-5), He makes Paradise

So the evidence is that God wants a sense of well-being for mankind. So why are we in this predicament? The reason is that we live in enemy territory. God made man governor of this earth. But man gave it back to the previous "Prince of this world". God is going to take it back for mankind, but to gather and train His New Man who will bring equitous Government to earth, God needs a TIME when men can learn to trust Him. (Eve did not trust God that He meant good by banning a fruit). So God asks of His select men and women to avoid Satan's system - the one that got Eve and with which Jesus was also tempted with.

This system is one that makes you bow down to another god to get the pleasurable things of life. The lust or desire of the flesh, the lust of the eye and the pride of life all seem good at first, but they are "deceitful". They don't do what they promise. Famous and wealthy can testify of this. They commit suicide when they have every thing. What our Lord did, and asks you to do, is to TEMPORARILY say no to "deceitful" goods. By "temporarily", God means in this age and under His present economy. When Christ returns our pleasure will be full - that is, those who VOLUNTARILY refused them now.

Yes! The good things… the fruitful things take time. They need faith to mature. And obedience to God. The desires of the flesh are easy but lead to destruction. We have to show our loyalty to God on this fallen earth by avoiding the people, idols, adversary, etc that try to tempt us away from God. 

Edited by Alexis8763
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member

31 minutes ago, Alexis8763 said:

You all have such insightful wisdom! I do pray that I can continue in the way of God for the rest of my life and turn my eyes away from worthless things.  I do plan on having fellowship with believers again, which I think will encourage me more. Thank you for all your responses, I’ve enjoyed reading them. 

Hi @Alexis8763 ; here's another good verse: "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." (Hebrews 10.25)

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Michaelangeli
On 1/8/2024 at 8:48 AM, Alexis8763 said:

Hear me out.. 

There is a need for balance.

Matthew 6:

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one [j]cubit to his [k]stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not [l]arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

True, we are not to be worried, but at the same time, we need these things - they are necessary. Therefore, we have a balanced view toward them. Namely, put the kingdom first as top priority, then the necessary things after.

The early Christians had a balanced view.

Acts 2:

44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and [o]sold their possessions and goods, and divided[p] them among all, as anyone had need.

46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,

Under the rule of the Messiah, there will be plenty of food to enjoy.

Psalm 72:16 There will be an abundance of grain in the earth, On the top of the mountains;

Even today, God's people enjoy banquets in company with each other, just as the early Christians did, since God richly blesses his people with an abundance - first, spiritually, then physically. 2 Corinthians 9:8-15

On 1/8/2024 at 8:48 AM, Alexis8763 said:

The early Christians' life was fulfilled. Never a dull moment.

Apart from having wholesome gatherings and association, and sharing meals, they enjoyed the best life ever.

The apostle Paul expressed it in the words at Acts 20:35.

I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

Not only that, but their hope filled them with joy, just as their master, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2 

So despite the temporary suffering, which all creation must endure, the life of the early Christians, and those patterning their life after them, they enjoy the better life. One that is filling, and never dull.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,347
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 1/9/2024 at 7:18 PM, Alexis8763 said:

I do pray that I can continue in the way of God for the rest of my life and turn my eyes away from worthless things.

I will join you in your desire and prayer in this...

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

My life has been a lot of things but boring isn’t one of them. 
All of the things the world goes after are only temporary and don’t fulfill. The person who is always self indulgent will never be filled because they run from the very thing that can fill them.

• Thumbs Up 1