• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Stormy Monday said:

The statue is about the kingdoms - not about the metals. The KJV is NOT an interpretation - it's a translation.

True it's about the kingdoms, but God mentioned the metals also did he not?  Why would he mention them if it wasn't important?

Gold is the most precious metal of them all, but is soft.

Silver is less precious but stronger, therefore inferior to gold.

....and so it goes until you get to the iron which is the strongest, but less precious.

The KJV is NOT an interpretation - it's a translation.

I am not talking about the KJV being an interpretation, but the other scriptures that harmonise with what is being said often interprets the meanings.  ie, does it back up a matter or contradict it.  A false translation will be full of contradictions if you look carefully.  It won't flow, but becomes a stumbling block and causes error.

I gave you an example that King Neb BUILT Babylon, and the Mede's conquered what was already there.  Of course the Mede's existed as a kingdom prior to this, but not a ruling kingdom having greater dominion until they took Babylon.

10 minutes ago, Stormy Monday said:

I understand. But the word INFERIOR doesn't describe the metal - it describes the kingdom.

The kingdoms with their metals have a flow to it.  I explained above.

To me it doesn't matter, but you got the order wrong with the kingdoms.  Please look into Daniel Ch 8 which gives the interpretation.

Daniel 8:3   Then I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.

The ram = Medo/Persia having two horns (2 kings).  The higher horn is the last king of Persia, the 4th king which came up last. 

I showed you the scripture in your other post about the bear with the 3 ribs in it's mouth (Dan 7:5) and the scripture where this 4th king of Persia was richer than them all (Dan 11:2).  This is all related to find the interpretation, so your order of kingdoms was wrong,  The ram is one beast, with 2 horns (2 kings), a combined kingdom called Medo/Persia and the ram is the one who stirred up the king of Grecia the he goat.  The Medo/Persian empire ended at the same time - conquered, gone, history.  The Ram is finished.  Greecia takes over.  This is not end times but all in the past, and the order of kingdoms you listed is wrong according to scripture. 

The ram is the arms and breast of silver on the image in Dan Ch2.  It harmonises.

Daniel 8:4   I saw the ram pushing westward, and northward, and southward; so that no beasts might stand before him, neither was there any that could deliver out of his hand; but he did according to his will, and became great. 

Daniel 8:5   And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

Daniel 8:6   And he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing before the river, and ran unto him in the fury of his power.

If you believe that then you should accept the definition of the words in the text. There's ONE WORD that describes the arms of silver which is 'inferior'.

If you take 5 minutes to research it in Daniel 2, that word is ARAH which is "earth, world, and ground" and it's coupled with the adverb BELOW which means LESS THAN. If you don't believe me, take a look...

H772 - 'ăraʿ - Strong's Hebrew Lexicon (kjv) (blueletterbible.org)

Inferior indicates a smaller piece of ground than Babylon and the only kingdom that took out Babylon which was smaller was the Median kingdom.

The interlinear words it like this...
In place of you she-shall-arise another kingdom EARTHWARD from you.

So why won't the big-shot prophecy experts come clean on this one?

The prophecy experts won't admit their mistakes because it throws their reputation and the reputation of thousands of other highly respected 'theologians' under the bus. They know they're wrong about a host of things especially trinity, (the big one) Rome, pre-trib, Daniel 2 and 7, etc. If they were to come clean on these issues, their character and credibility is destroyed.

Just ONE highly influential person - like John MacArthur or Hal Lindsey for example, can deceive millions of who - CHRISTIANS.  

Stormy

You are asking me to doubt my KJV.  I've said this many times before that God's hand was on the translation process of the KJV so we can read the Word of God today, new and old testaments.  He picked King James, not because he was a righteous king, but because of his authority and finances to have these scriptures translated and go out to the gentiles.  He did not chose an Israel Rabbi to send out the gospel with the OT, or the Arabs, or anyone else, but chose the king of England and ordained it to be translated into English knowing it would be the most common language of the world.  God chose his words exactly, and those 70 or so interpreters would of been chosen by him too, so that we could just pick up and find the truth.  We do not have to learn ancient Hebrew and Arabic or Syriac to find the truth, but it's for anyone who is simple to read and come to the knowledge of truth.  There is only one translation that is always attacked and that is the KJV.  This should tell us something.  So what you are saying means nothing to me.  I just pick up and read, and if I don't understand an English word, I just look it up in an English dictionary.  Trust.

Psalms 12:6   The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

15 hours ago, Stormy Monday said:

The KJV is NOT an interpretation - it's a translation.

Don't all translations include some interpretation?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/23/2024 at 12:20 AM, abcdef said:

The beast that ascends from the abyss at the 5th trumpet is Rome. (1929)

The statue of Dan 2 shows that Rome is the main nation that rules over the children of Israel after 63 BC until Jerusalem was restored in 1967.

The 10 toes are 10 kings, but are still the iron that rules over the children of Israel.

In Dan 7 the horns are shown as an extension of the 4th beast which is also Rome.

And once Jerusalem was restored, there are no other nations shown to rule over the children of Israel. The stone strikes.

Rome is not going to attack Israel.Iran and all the Muslim nations in the middle east is.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

How can the leader of church become antichrist ?