• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.33
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.96
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

20 hours ago, other one said:

Believing is one starting point, for we must believe the Father raised him from the dead, but Romans also says we must confess with our mouth that he is our Lord...   And that is something that you have to really mean and live when you confess it, or you just make yourself a liar and liars go to hell.

One cannot even do that without the Holy Spirit,

"lest anyone should boast".

1 Corinthians 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

And why is that? Because confessing someone as your Lord is not simply a statement of belief, it is the submission of bond servant-hood to a Master. Any notion of serving Christ without abiding in the Spirit of Christ will result in a disappointing outcome, to say the least.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member

4 hours ago, backontrack said:

Ok I will reword it do you have faith to believe in john 3:16 and if so what does it mean to you?

John 3:16 speaks to the whole world. If you want to speak of a personal faith that functions in the power of the Holy Spirit, you must ask to His Will.

Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

This totally redefines sin.

Romans 14:23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.

This is how you prove you are saved.

John 15:

7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 

8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

John 3:16 speaks to the whole world. If you want to speak of a personal faith that functions in the power of the Holy Spirit, you must ask to His Will.

Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Romans 14:23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.

John 15:

7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 

8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

Read all my quotes then get back with me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,672
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

John 15:

Well by that, and the secret handshake of course.

th-2467030106.jpeg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Now you are talking about a different matter about the ministry of Jesus Christ. 

And we were talking about John 3:16. And why you are not accepting John 3:16 at face value? Are not your sins forgiven by believing in Jesus Christ that he died for the forgiveness of your sins?

Well God does not say he can heal if he wants to, by Jesus stripes we are healed. It is sad such teaching are contrary to Gods word.

The reason for this post was for me to tell people what God revealed to me. We cannot see salvation touch it nor fill it. I had to ask this to get attention and get people to respond. God in my spirit said this to me, how can you believe in John 3:16 and not what Jesus told us to do after he went to Heaven. He gave us THE measure of faith no more. God says you cannot pick and chose what to believe if you cannot believe it all you cannot believe any!

Now you are talking about a different matter about the ministry of Jesus Christ. 

And we were talking about John 3:16. And why you are not accepting John 3:16 at face value? Are not your sins forgiven by believing in Jesus Christ that he died for the forgiveness of your sins?

Surely there is more to the Gospel and those who serve than receiving forgiveness of sin. How many times will I see someone try to reduce the entire Gospel to one verse?!?

How about what the Holy Spirit says here:

67 Now his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying:

74 To grant us that we,
Being delivered from the hand of our enemies,
Might serve Him without fear,
75 In holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life

We are not simply called by the Gospel to receive forgiveness and assurance of going to heaven. We are chosen, elect by the foreknowledge of the Father to serve His Son. We are His Witnesses.

His Son. We are His Witnesses.

7 minutes ago, backontrack said:

I have read most of them, and I won't be getting back with you. You make yourself sound quite important. I assure you that you are not. I am not getting anything revelatory here. I'll bow out, after receiving my full measure of condescension for the day.

Edited by Mr. M

8 minutes ago, backontrack said:

Or you could actually read mine before getting back to me.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We are saved by the blood of the Slain Lamb of God who is Jesus Christ who died for the forgiveness of our sins and the sins of the whole world. Everyone's sins are forgiven in the same way by believing in Jesus Christ that he died for the forgiveness of our sins. Our sins are forgiven when we believe in him. 

I look into these people and wonder if they believe in him.

Matt 7:21-23

21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  22  On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'  23  And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'
ESV

They prophesied in his mane and cast out demons and did mighty works in his name....   But they still will go to hell, because of the things they did.       Jesus has to be your Lord and you must do all that he has said and also not do the things he said not to do.

He gave us two commands that are important ways to live and those in Matthew Chapter 25 that did not follow his second commandment he will send to hell.

There is much danger in saying people just must believe. You must believe and do what he has told us to do.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

44 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

One cannot even do that without the Holy Spirit,

"lest anyone should boast".

1 Corinthians 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

And why is that? Because confessing someone as your Lord is not simply a statement of belief, it is the submission of bond servant-hood to a Master. Any notion of serving Christ without abiding in the Spirit of Christ will result in a disappointing outcome, to say the least.

That's pretty much what I have been trying to say.

• Thumbs Up 1