• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Was just wondering about this mainly due to what I have always heard about how anyone who kills themself is really a coward for taking the easy way out. But it seems to me that it would really take at least some level of courage to actually go through with it or on the flip side it could be someone who is so mentally unstable that they really don’t know what they are doing.

Anyway I was just curious because I have actually had suicidal thoughts before but was definitely afraid of the consequences and where I might end up or WILL end up as many Christians believe.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have had several friends and family that have killed themselves.  There seems to be a couple of groups but don't contain everyone.   One group has some fatal problem and don't want to go through the pain of dying, but understand they are going to die anyway.  The second group has put themselves in a position that they think close friends and family would be better off without them, and just can't stand putting the friends through whatever the situation was.  I don't see them as cowards, just don't see any way things can be even normal.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,093
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

I did an attempt because they had put me on prozac and it was a side effect. If I hadn't taken that stuff I am sure I would never have tried to do it. I was at the side of the ditch with an overdose. My ex would get the kids, so I thought I may as well go to my 2 other kids in heaven then. I warned the psychiater that now for some nonsense reason like a kid refusing to put on his pants I all of a sudden wanted to kill myself. He did not believe me and doubled the dose. Next day I was at the side of a ditch with an overdose, cause he gave me loads since he went on a holiday. I didn't want to go to hell, so I thought: I first take the pills with alcohol. Then I pray the sinner's prayer so God has to forgive me, but it will be too late so I will die anyway and He will have to let me into heaven. So I did that, but after 2 or 3 packages and alcohol which I normally never drank I got so sleepy. I was falling away, so I had to pray quick. Prayed the sinner's prayer. Then I experienced God was there and He said: If you take the rest and don't phone for help your prayer would be hypocrit and you won't go to heaven. So then I called for help and I fell asleep. A guy from the ambulance or something said: oh yeah that's easy. Take the easy way out. Grrrrrrr. Irritated me very much. Stop judging so dumb.

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

3 hours ago, Jayne said:

Suicide is not about cowardice or courage.  I've been at the point of killing myself twice in  my life, but God would  not allow that to happen.

I agree with this. I went through a phase where I was feeling suicidal and would think of anything I saw as a suicide tool, and where a cancer scare I had seemed like news that wasn't so bad. Thank God that didn't last very long and life improved soon after. I don't really see the courage or cowardice in it, either. But I do see motivation fitting in.

I'm not confident enough to say what it means for a person's eternal state, but I do feel like it touches on faith. It makes a very loud statement about how someone feels about God having a purpose for it all and that one day He'll make it better.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, Jayne said:

Suicide is not about cowardice or courage.  I've been at the point of killing myself twice in  my life, but God would  not allow that to happen.

I was so desperate to leave this world.   I thank God that he stopped me and took that away.

Suicide does not send you to hell nor is a ticket to heaven.  Suicide has nothing to do with your salvation.  It has to do with oppression, depression, pain, lies of the devil, and a lack  of help.

I agree too. It’s really almost 100 per cent demonic. It’s an oppression from demons who hate us and hate God and hate Jesus as king over all creation. They will always love to see someone end their lives. We have to see ending our life is not ours to do but our lives belong to the Lord. And he does not want us to end it but to live for him.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Slibhin said:

I think about ending it all eeereeevery single day.

Why ?

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I imagine some are looking for the easy way out and are cowards. But some like has been mentioned are just so low they genuinely believe they're doing the world a service or don't see another way out.

The older I get the more I realize how dangerous making generalizations are, that not everything is black and white.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, Slibhin said:

I think about ending it all eeereeevery single day.

Wouldn't it be better to give your life to Christ? In the end He will end all your pain.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/08/1973

I Just got out of a psych ward after a near suicide attempt in October of last year. I am a born again Christian,who's medicine stopped working plus not being allowed to grieve properly caused me to spiral and I nearly killed myself. I am back with the Lord and am much stronger. Whether Suicide is selfish is a matter of opinion I believe depression is part spiritual and medical. It is okay in my opinion to debate suicide but just be careful of the unsaved or saved fragile souls. Who are looking for the loving forgiving people of God not the condemners 

• Thumbs Up 3