• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 2/22/2024 at 2:16 PM, Slibhin said:

I will never accept that he changed his mind or broke his word.

Thanks. Nor will I accept that God is even capable of breaking His word; however he has relented (From His judgements) on occasion has He not?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,052
  • Content Per Day:  1.60
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/16/2024 at 5:33 AM, Starise said:

Not much discussion here on them or if there is, they are all seen as an enemy.

What are your thoughts on those innocent caught in this war and forced to relocate? Is the feeling "oh well"?

Do you see them all as the enemy? 

Personally I can't see it that way.

I'm not sure how many innocent people there are in Gaza. The Palestinian people are Muslim, and one has to wonder why they don't simply move into one of the many Muslim countries surrounding Israel. Some people want to condemn Hamas as being the only terrorists, yet the Palestinians specifically elected Hamas knowing that their primary goal was the extinction of the Israelite Nation. Therefore the Palestinian people are terrorists who not only elected a terrorist organization as their government but fully support the mission of that terrorist government which is the extinction of Israel. Therefore in my humble opinion, I do not believe that there are any innocent people in Gaza and I do not shed tears for the Palestinians who are dying who in their heart wish that Jews were dying.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47

On 2/22/2024 at 2:23 PM, debrakay said:

So true.  I believe they are actually of the Arabian race.  At least those who are not of Hebrew origins.  But actually, we all came from the loins of Noah and his sons who settled the area after the flood.  It's weird how so many people screaming and yelling to save Palestine have very, very little knowledge that there is no Palestinian people or race.  

I believe they are Arabs. Abraham, had two concubines, and both had son's

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, Slibhin said:

No, it means you have no argument. Your hatred for Muslims and Arabs is laid bare, and you know it.

No, you are looking at fear and calling it hatred.  I studied their workings and decided they are very dangerous.   If I bought into what Islam teaches, I would be your worst nightmare.  Knowing their plans and how they work doesn't bring out hatred, but an understanding of what they want and how they usually achieve their goals throughout history. It isn't hatred, just a healthy respect for their danger, like one should have for poisonous snakes and such.   What they did to Israel isn't an abnormal thing, it is Islam at it's core.

But since you really don't seem to understand and put me down when I try and explain, it's difficult for me to interface with you, so I have decided not to.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 2/17/2024 at 4:33 PM, AnOrangeCat said:

Another important element to this is the Hadith, a body of writings outside of the Koran that was not written by Mohammad. They came after him, and in some cases considerably after him. You really can see the influences of different agendas seeping in over time if you go over it keeping that in mind.

Bukhari's hadith is supposed to be a listing of the things that he heard Mohammad either say or do.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.47

On 2/22/2024 at 3:11 PM, debrakay said:

The question was asked of Slibhin who originally said that the people commenting were "a million miles away from the God of the Torah."  She is on a Christian forum but does not believe in Jesus Christ.

But then there was that time Jesus told the disciples to sell their robe and buy a sword. Luke 22:36.

Ecclesiastes 3:8 says, "there is a time to love and a time to hate; a time for war and a time for peace."

Mt 10:34  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36  And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.

Lu 12:51  Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52  For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
53  The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

On 2/23/2024 at 1:36 PM, Neighbor said:

... however he has relented (From His judgements) on occasion has He not?

I believe this to be true, Neighbor.

Fresh out of the bonds of Egypt at Mt. Sinai's when moses & God had almost completed their meeting regarding the 10 Commandments... God sent Moses down because he knew the camp had created a golden calf... did not God intend to destroy them all because of the idolatry and Moses begged they be spared as a nation because of God's holy reputation & name?

I mean the clans involved were dealt with but... all clans & families were not punished.

EDIT- Punished, as in death.

(Sorry... drew things off topic.)

Edited by Gabriel80
Spelling

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

6 hours ago, Gabriel80 said:

Hamas has to be dealt with and a legitimate leadership has to be established for Gaza.  (I don't even know if a legitimate leadership can be found with Iran's money and influence all over the place there.) 

A terrorist organization is NOT a form of leadership or a rational representative of the people... and can't be dealt with in a civil, serious manner when negotiating.

Palestinian non-combatants should be spared to the extent that is possible.

THAT extent is subject, it appears as of now, to the Israeli government.  I have no comment on this other than Hamas attacked, to put it mildly, in a underhanded manner... and ferociously last October.  And the ball, for better or worse pending your sympathies, is in Israel's court as of now.  

It is to be noted that civilian populations are probably the most suffered demographic in a "modern" war-time area of operations... unfortunate and unfair as that may be.  And Gaza being a heavily populated, relatively small, urban/ suburban area... the loss realized by the non-combatant population only increases with those factors.

Other than my above comments... it's not my neighborhood... I can't call balls and strikes there.  I can only pray for God's will to be done and that peace may once again be established.

Shalom, Gabriel80.

I would suggest that AT BEST, the Gaza Strip should become BY FORCE a state of Israel. It can be a mostly Muslim population, but it must remain the territory of Israel.  Hamas should be disbanded or destroyed, whichever Hamas would prefer. If they can't live peacably, then then can't live freely! And, if they can't live in prison, then they must die a suicidal death from their stubbornness. Their population, particularly the children, must be re-educated to understand that they CAN LIVE TOGETHER WITH JEWS PEACEABLY! The terrorist organization called "Hamas" must be NO MORE! It's that simple.

And, if the Palestinian Authority and the terrorist organization called the "Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine" doesn't like it, THEY'LL BE NEXT! Distantly, they are family through Avraham. However, they must realize that, too!

You said, "Palestinian non-combatants should be spared to the extent that is possible." And, you're right; however, they've been doing that, limiting civilian deaths when Hamas is doing everything in its power to HIDE BEHIND the civilians, ESPECIALLY the women and children!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

11 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Gabriel80.

I would suggest that AT BEST, the Gaza Strip should become BY FORCE a state of Israel. It can be a mostly Muslim population, but it must remain the territory of Israel.  Hamas should be disbanded or destroyed, whichever Hamas would prefer. If they can't live peacably, then then can't live freely! And, if they can't live in prison, then they must die a suicidal death from their stubbornness. Their population, particularly the children, must be re-educated to understand that they CAN LIVE TOGETHER WITH JEWS PEACEABLY! The terrorist organization called "Hamas" must be NO MORE! It's that simple.

And, if the Palestinian Authority and the terrorist organization called the "Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine" doesn't like it, THEY'LL BE NEXT! Distantly, they are family through Avraham. However, they must realize that, too!

You said, "Palestinian non-combatants should be spared to the extent that is possible." And, you're right; however, they've been doing that, limiting civilian deaths when Hamas is doing everything in its power to HIDE BEHIND the civilians, ESPECIALLY the women and children!

I can respect your thoughts.  Thank you for sharing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 hours ago, Slibhin said:

The Torah is binding, eternal and G-d's testimony to the world. G-d does not change his mind and never breaks his word. G-d stated that the universe would end before a single letter of the Torah would be altered and his covenant is forever. Human beings have free will and G-d is prepared to forgive and show mercy whenever someone turns from their wrongdoing. All of this is in the Tanakh and it speaks for itself.

Is Jeremiah within Tanakh?

The meaning of TANAKH as I understand it is the Jewish Scriptures comprising the books of law, the prophets, and collected writings, which seems to include Jeremiah

I ask not to be blindside or  got ya  but because I find the extensive portion of Jeremiah below to be interesting:

A New Covenant

...“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord.  But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.  No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Thus says the Lord,
Who gives the sun for a light by day,
The ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night,
Who disturbs the sea,
And its waves roar
(The Lord of hosts is His name):

“If those ordinances depart
From before Me, says the Lord,
Then the seed of Israel shall also cease
From being a nation before Me forever.”

Thus says the Lord:

“If heaven above can be measured,
And the foundations of the earth searched out beneath,
I will also cast off all the seed of Israel
For all that they have done, says the Lord.

“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, that the city shall be built for the Lord from the Tower of Hananel to the Corner Gate.  The surveyor’s line shall again extend straight forward over the hill Gareb; then it shall turn toward Goath.  And the whole valley of the dead bodies and of the ashes, and all the fields as far as the Brook Kidron, to the corner of the Horse Gate toward the east, shall be holy to the Lord. It shall not be plucked up or thrown down anymore forever.”

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1