• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

10 minutes ago, FJK said:

Unless the "C" in CIA means Christian I would have to say this wouldn't be a valid Christian group (which is why I made that original post, it helps to make sure everyone involved is talking about the same thing so a common understanding can be developed).

Army of God would be one.  They terrorize abortion clinics.  Also, the KKK is still alive in parts of the South, and several "white supremacists" groups that claim to be Christian.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, other one said:

Army of God would be one.  They terrorize abortion clinics.  Also, the KKK is still alive in parts of the South, and several "white supremacists" groups that claim to be Christian.

I would consider them on the outside fringes of Christianity at best, KKK not even Christian at all with only occasional lip service to it and no adherence to Christian principles being advpcated to the slightest degree.

I, and I hope all calling themselves Christians, condemn them totally.  There is nothing in the teachings of Jesus that supports or encourages their actions.

Calling oneself Christian does not make one a Christian, following and practicing the teachings of Jesus in your life does.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,133
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

1 hour ago, other one said:

The Christian Identity movement is a blanket moniker uniting numerous distinct but ideologically similar groups over the past 50 years or so; they uniformly claim to be culturally Christian, are white supremacist and usually white nationalist, advocating a white ethno-state. There are links to the KKK and other extremist groups. 

CI is surprisingly well-represented today. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

18 hours ago, FJK said:

I would consider them on the outside fringes of Christianity at best, KKK not even Christian at all with only occasional lip service to it and no adherence to Christian principles being advpcated to the slightest degree.

I, and I hope all calling themselves Christians, condemn them totally.  There is nothing in the teachings of Jesus that supports or encourages their actions.

Calling oneself Christian does not make one a Christian, following and practicing the teachings of Jesus in your life does.

Yes and these are the examples most of the press uses to describe Christians which is unfortunate. 

None of the Christians I am familiar with are even remotely like this. 

18 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Why do you get to enjoy the privilege of drawing a distinction between you and guys like the KKK, but they don't?

They do, but those doing so are far and few between.

How many Imam's and Mosques do you find that preach tolerance and respect for Israel and the Jews worldwide and the right for Israel to exist compared to those doing the opposite?

There's the difference, those calling themselves Christain and preaching hatred are in direct violation of everything Jesus taught and are widely condemned by almost everyone calling themselves Christian while the opposite is true in Islam (of course, you could show differently using valid stats if you wish, and I would reconsider my position).

Something you might consider, would you consider the Black Hebrew Israelite's to represent Judaism as a whole or label them as just a fringe group claiming to be Jews when they are not?  They claim to be the real Jews from what i understand, next time you are in Israel you might seek them out and investigate them personally and post about them, you would know more than I do about it.

Hope you're doing well and staying safe, may God bless you and be your guide on that special path he has laid out just for you as that special person that he made you to be.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Slibhin said:

What then is your basis to claim killing Jews is their core doctrine? Where did you acquire this information? I never said antisemitism or terrorism were not problems in the Islamic world. I am responding to the demonization and dehumanizing of people as an excuse to obliterate them.

When you pick and choose what history you're going to cite and ignore anything that conflicts with your opinion, you do not have a valid opinion you have a prejudice.

You can read or download the Hamas charter of 1988 in pdf format.   I don't want to derail this thread, but read page 4 of that article and tell me if it does not explicitly mentions .     

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Slibhin said:

A Christian is a person who follows the Christian religion. How else would one define it?

Clever indeed. Well ok if this is all you have to say.

5 minutes ago, Slibhin said:

I don't consider anyone Jewish who doesn't follow Halakha and and believe in the Torah. I do not accept reformed, conservative, messianic, or any other group.

If you get to do that don't I (and most other Christians) get to consider those who practice hatred and ignore the teachings of Jesus to be non Christians?

Yet you seem to want to label them Christian to make a case for "Christian terrorism"

FWIW, I don't know if you're involved with Chabad at all, but I do see them favorably and as a refreshing revival of true Judaism in that they teach and promote a warm understanding in place of a cold understanding of scripture.

Thank you for your reply, it is appreciated.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Slibhin said:

The question was "do I feel safe".

The one country does not even recognize a passport issued by Israel.  A person with an Israeli passport cannot get a Visa to enter the country.  Safe there ? The others ethier have warning to Israelis or tell them to keep a low profile. Safe there?

But each of us is unsafe in terms of eternal life without a personal relationship with Yeshua. All else is moot for in this flesh each of us are but vapors of the moment. In Jesus alone is hope certain.