• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, AdHoc said:

I think that maybe you have hit on the basic problem. People read the scriptures and wonder what thy mean. But not because they are obscure, but because the reader just adds his/her own concept and then battles with it.

You introduced Who OWNS the world. But then you make a startling statement. I quote

But this same Bible also says;

16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men. (Ps 115:16).

I mean, we all make mistakes, but if you look at your preceding three observations, in ...

1. ... you completely ignore the context and the direct statement "Michal DURST NOT ... ". And is also sys that men and angels who do this are "Brute Beasts"!

2. ... you agree with me but then introduce what men have added to God's system and then invalidate the system

3. ... you defy scripture that says Jesus became a Man, lower than the angels, to subject Himself to His parents, subject Himself to Roman authority, subject Himself to humiliation, Pharisaical rule  and Jewish custom and death. And then you make "joined" have the same meaning as "subject yourself"!

C'mon sister. The Kingdom of this world are the kingdoms of this world. Don't add or subtract. If scripture says that Jesus was tempted, Satan's offer contained temptation. If God makes the earth and then says "Let them have dominion over all the earth, sea and sky", man had it ... or are God's Words vain?

Hi Ad Hoc,

In context to all of scriptures relating to what God gave man - yes the earth, ....to have dominion over the animals, birds, fish etc. 

Michael is God`s angel and not Satan`s. Michael had the authority to say "the Lord rebuke you!" 

God does not have a `system.` 

Jesus became a man but did not join Himself to man`s government which is what I thought you wrote. But reading again I see what you mean as in Jesus becoming a man. I agree.

As to dominion, that does not mean control of everything or ownership of everything. Who brought on the flood, who judged the kings of nations, who rains on the just and unjust, who upholds everything by the word of His power? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,794
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi luigi,

So, did the devil bring on the flood, cause the rain to fall on the just and unjust, judge kings, etc?

Mans corrupt ways, brought about by Satan's current influence in his current world order, brings in the flood. The Lord still blesses those who believe in doing, right and brings them rain. And the Lord is still patient with those whom the devil currently deceives into doing wrong, and brings them rain.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Now, if we look a bit closer at what Satan said we may get more clarification.

`Again the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.

And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me. ` (Matt. 4: 8 & 9)

The kingdoms of the world and their glory.

3 minutes ago, luigi said:

Mans corrupt ways, brought about by Satan's current influence in his current world order, brings in the flood. The Lord still blesses those who believe in doing, right and brings them rain. And the Lord is still patient with those whom the devil currently deceives into doing wrong, and brings them rain.

Hi luigi,

Good thoughts there. Would you like to expound further on `Satan`s current influence in his current world order?` 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,794
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

2 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi luigi,

Good thoughts there. Would you like to expound further on `Satan`s current influence in his current world order?` 

All you have to do is look around you, and see Satan's influence everywhere in this world. This was mans choice by selecting the tree of knowledge in the garden. The book of Enoch, attributes the chaos of the world today to the influence the Watchers/Satan's provide man, by the knowledge they provide man. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.31

24 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Ad Hoc,

In context to all of scriptures relating to what God gave man - yes the earth, ....to have dominion over the animals, birds, fish etc. 

Michael is God`s angel and not Satan`s. Michael had the authority to say "the Lord rebuke you!" 

God does not have a `system.` 

Jesus became a man but did not join Himself to man`s government which is what I thought you wrote. But reading again I see what you mean as in Jesus becoming a man. I agree.

As to dominion, that does not mean control of everything or ownership of everything. Who brought on the flood, who judged the kings of nations, who rains on the just and unjust, who upholds everything by the word of His power? 

Thanks for the reply ... and, go well.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

17 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Starise,

The question is from my op `What did Satan offer Jesus? ` Not sure of how your comments relate. 

I say let the text speak for itself here. He had the power to offer it.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Agree from the beginning that when Satan gain control of man he thus started his rival rulership.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Sure he had the power to offer, time Jesus came on the scene Satan had much power over humans.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,863
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

20 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi luigi,

In John 12:31  New International Version
31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

New Living Translation
31. The time for judging this world has come, when Satan, the ruler of this world, will be cast out. 

And then in John. 

John 16:8-11

King James Version

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Jesus in John 16 is speaking to his disciples before the Cross and after the last Supper. 

In verse 8 is about the Holy Spirit and Jesus looks forwards to the day of Pentecost. He is telling us that He is not the One to go to the world together with his disciples to preach the Gospel because the Holy Spirit is the one to go to the world and to be together with the disciples who will be sent to the world with the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. How beautiful this what Jesus said and that what happened not before the Cross and the resurrection and the day of Pentecost and after Jesus was ascended in the Heavens.  

Jesus sent his disciples to the world together with the Holy Spirit. And he was glorified in Heaven by the Father and not before after the Prince of this world lost his authority over the people of the world the Gentiles not the Jews because he never had authority over them and we know how the world was before the Cross as it was devided between the people of God and the rest of the world. God could be only the God of the Jews according to the Covenant but in the New Covenant he is the God of the whole world in Jesus Christ. In the blood of the Slain Lamb of God who is Jesus Christ who was raised from the dead and was glorified by the Heavenly Father in Heaven. GOD nade him Lord of all.

Edited by Your closest friendnt