• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

There is a notion that we are to extend the kingdom of God. Is this true?

Psalm 24 tells us –

`The earth is the Lord`s and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein.` (Ps. 24: 1)

So, it seems to me that God created everything and everyone and did not give it away.

So, then, what did Satan offer Jesus?

`Again the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.

And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.

Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you Satan! For it is written, `You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.`” (Matt. 4: 8 – 10)

Hope you enjoy a challenge to think a bit deeper.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.77
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

So, it seems to me that God created everything and everyone and did not give it away.................Hope you enjoy a challenge to think a bit deeper.

Well, here's something to think deeper about:  Did God give it away or did he give it to Man and Man gave it away?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

There is a notion that we are to extend the kingdom of God. Is this true?

Psalm 24 tells us –

`The earth is the Lord`s and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein.` (Ps. 24: 1)

So, it seems to me that God created everything and everyone and did not give it away.

So, then, what did Satan offer Jesus?

`Again the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.

And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.

Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you Satan! For it is written, `You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.`” (Matt. 4: 8 – 10)

Hope you enjoy a challenge to think a bit deeper.

God's Word says that our Lord was tempted. If the offer of Satan was untrue, it would not have been a temptation and the Bible found to be untrue.

If therefore, Satan has authority over them, and can offer them, then it is because God uses a structure of delegated authority. So, while you correctly state that God maintains ownership, GOVERNMENT is delegated. All military and political establishments use this system and God uses it in the family. There is such a hierarchy among angels for in context of respect for government, Michael, an angel, showed himself to be subordinate to Lucifer in Jude when fighting for Moses' body.

In Genesis 1:26-28 man is to "subdue". This word implies a rebellion, or a situation of unlawfulness.
In Daniel 2:44 there is a change of GOVERNMENT. Four consecutive Gentile governments WILL RULE
In Revelation 11:15 the Kingdoms of this world have BECOME those of Christ. This word implies that thee were not originally

So, while God maintains overall ownership, he joined Himself to the government by angels, then replaced their government with another creature which He joins to - man, and this creature cannot stop the Kingdoms being "delivered" to Satan. God, because He does not shrug off the restrictions He has by being joined to man, takes little longer to restore the earths government.

• Well Said! 1

48 minutes ago, FJK said:

Well, here's something to think deeper about:  Did God give it away or did he give it to Man and Man gave it away?

Thank you FJK for that answer. And yes, some think that. So, what does God`s word say -

`be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.` (Gen. 1: 28)

So, does man still have dominion over the fish, birds etc? When I look around I see he does. 

God didn`t give man ownership of the earth and other people.

38 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

God's Word says that our Lord was tempted. If the offer of Satan was untrue, it would not have been a temptation and the Bible found to be untrue.

If therefore, Satan has authority over them, and can offer them, then it is because God uses a structure of delegated authority. So, while you correctly state that God maintains ownership, GOVERNMENT is delegated. All military and political establishments use this system and God uses it in the family. There is such a hierarchy among angels for in context of respect for government, Michael, an angel, showed himself to be subordinate to Lucifer in Jude when fighting for Moses' body.

In Genesis 1:26-28 man is to "subdue". This word implies a rebellion, or a situation of unlawfulness.
In Daniel 2:44 there is a change of GOVERNMENT. Four consecutive Gentile governments WILL RULE
In Revelation 11:15 the Kingdoms of this world have BECOME those of Christ. This word implies that thee were not originally

So, while God maintains overall ownership, he joined Himself to the government by angels, then replaced their government with another creature which He joins to - man, and this creature cannot stop the Kingdoms being "delivered" to Satan. God, because He does not shrug off the restrictions He has by being joined to man, takes little longer to restore the earths government.

Hi Ad Hoc,

Glad you have contributed. I agree with some of what you say but not all.

1. Jude 9. Michael is not subordinate to Lucifer but knew that it was God who does the rebuking. "The Lord rebuke you!" Michael is under the Lord and thus can say that. He does not personally take that authority to himself. 

2. Government is delegated. I would say authority is delegated. (Gen. 9: 5) And yes that is in the family under God with His character. However, the military and political (etc) system of man is NOT of God. 

3. God joined Himself to the government by angels and then man. I disagree. God did nothing of the kind. God is the Judge and is not subject to angels or man.

You still need to clearly show what these kingdoms are that Satan offered. You seem to imply that God is part of them. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,794
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

If we realize that from when man first decided in the garden to trust the devil and not God, that the devil has then been in charge of the world; what the devil then offered the Lord, is to have a major part in the devils world.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.32

14 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Ad Hoc,

Glad you have contributed. I agree with some of what you say but not all.

1. Jude 9. Michael is not subordinate to Lucifer but knew that it was God who does the rebuking. "The Lord rebuke you!" Michael is under the Lord and thus can say that. He does not personally take that authority to himself. 

2. Government is delegated. I would say authority is delegated. (Gen. 9: 5) And yes that is in the family under God with His character. However, the military and political (etc) system of man is NOT of God. 

3. God joined Himself to the government by angels and then man. I disagree. God did nothing of the kind. God is the Judge and is not subject to angels or man.

You still need to clearly show what these kingdoms are that Satan offered. You seem to imply that God is part of them. 

I think that maybe you have hit on the basic problem. People read the scriptures and wonder what thy mean. But not because they are obscure, but because the reader just adds his/her own concept and then battles with it.

You introduced Who OWNS the world. But then you make a startling statement. I quote

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

But this same Bible also says;

16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men. (Ps 115:16).

I mean, we all make mistakes, but if you look at your preceding three observations, in ...

1. ... you completely ignore the context and the direct statement "Michal DURST NOT ... ". And is also sys that men and angels who do this are "Brute Beasts"!

2. ... you agree with me but then introduce what men have added to God's system and then invalidate the system

3. ... you defy scripture that says Jesus became a Man, lower than the angels, to subject Himself to His parents, subject Himself to Roman authority, subject Himself to humiliation, Pharisaical rule  and Jewish custom and death. And then you make "joined" have the same meaning as "subject yourself"!

C'mon sister. The Kingdom of this world are the kingdoms of this world. Don't add or subtract. If scripture says that Jesus was tempted, Satan's offer contained temptation. If God makes the earth and then says "Let them have dominion over all the earth, sea and sky", man had it ... or are God's Words vain?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,099
  • Content Per Day:  9.71
  • Days Won:  149

Three things.

Free will.

God allows for His purposes.

Jesus was temporarily in a human body.

6 hours ago, luigi said:

If we realize that from when man first decided in the garden to trust the devil and not God, that the devil has then been in charge of the world; what the devil then offered the Lord, is to have a major part in the devils world.

Hi luigi,

So, did the devil bring on the flood, cause the rain to fall on the just and unjust, judge kings, etc?

6 hours ago, Starise said:

Three things.

Free will.

God allows for His purposes.

Jesus was temporarily in a human body.

Hi Starise,

The question is from my op `What did Satan offer Jesus? ` Not sure of how your comments relate.