• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Sore winner, What's that?

It is a characteristic some continue to vent with an angry tone instead of rejoicing in a victory upon being turned about by the Holy Spirit.

I am even at this late date of my lifetime always stunned at the veracity of anger projected by more than a few Christians. Seems to me it should be hard to work up a good anger, and even hold onto a hate, once the Holy Spirit has taken any  of us aside and turned us about to seeing that Jesus is our lord God and savior.

Should  we not be almost giddy with an excited joy, and not hollering from any platform, except to praise God along with our fellow saints  in Christ Jesus when gathered in corporate worship?

I think (As I) have learned from others -Don't let anyone steal your joy; and rejoice in the joy found by others too! Each is a work in progress led by the Holy Spirit of God. How awesome that God should care so much. Singing Joy joy joy deep in my heart deep in my heart, and "mean"-ing it should be the only "mean"-ness in any of us.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  4.68
  • Days Won:  1

Longsuffering or patience, love and mercy. Mercy up close and personal is much harder than from a distance with no skin in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

The Lord did not say, you will be known by what you detest and clamor against. 

John 13:35 records the words of the Lord regarding what we will be known for. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,036
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/1/2024 at 7:10 PM, Neighbor said:

It is a characteristic some continue to vent with an angry tone instead of rejoicing in a victory upon being turned about by the Holy Spirit.

I am even at this late date of my lifetime always stunned at the veracity of anger projected by more than a few Christians. Seems to me it should be hard to work up a good anger, and even hold onto a hate, once the Holy Spirit has taken any  of us aside and turned us about to seeing that Jesus is our lord God and savior.

Should  we not be almost giddy with an excited joy, and not hollering from any platform, except to praise God along with our fellow saints  in Christ Jesus when gathered in corporate worship?

Don't let anyone steal your joy; and rejoice in the joy found by others too! Each is a work in progress led by the Holy Spirit of God. How awesome that God should care so much. Singing Joy joy joy deep in my heart deep in my heart, and "mean"-ing it should be the only "mean"-ness in any of us.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. (Eph 4:31–32)

I too am always amazed at some. Thy can tell deep things of God and quote long stretches of scripture. But the acid that comes out of their harts when addressing a fellow in Christ is astounding.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

Good advice . . . thanks . . . 

On 3/1/2024 at 1:28 PM, D. Adrien said:

Longsuffering or patience, love and mercy. Mercy up close and personal is much harder than from a distance with no skin in the game.

Hi, The adventures that bring about opportunities for mercy, for sacrificial sharing or giving, do bring so much joy especially when the Holy Spirit unveils God's purpose in some of it. It is a joy to behold,  all the more so the more skin one is allowed opportunity by God to put into the process.

p.s.-One has to expect that the expression no good deed goes unpunished will also play out. And just chuckle when it happens cause it will.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  4.68
  • Days Won:  1

44 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

p.s.-One has to expect that the expression no good deed goes unpunished will also play out. And just chuckle when it happens cause it will.

I believe you just defined meekness. Accepting being wronged without complaining.

"Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 3/1/2024 at 12:10 PM, Neighbor said:

I think  have learned from others -Don't let anyone steal your joy; and rejoice in the joy found by others too! Each is a work in progress led by the Holy Spirit of God. How awesome that God should care so much. Singing Joy joy joy deep in my heart deep in my heart, and "mean"-ing it should be the only "mean"-ness in any of us.

Need to get off the fence and become a leader in the community and stand for righteous not only in ones life but in schools, Gov, Community and Churches. 

Ignoring it is not what God wants Mark 3:1-5, Mat 21:12-13, Luke 19:41-44 Jesus hated sin and he resisted it, confronted it, stood up to evil.  

The Church needs to get off the fence and preach the truth and Christians need to stop fearing it just like Jesus the world will hate you and want to kill you just like Jesus. There is no more time people are dying and going to hell because of being silent!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

13 minutes ago, backontrack said:

Need to get off the fence and become a leader in the community and stand for righteous not only in ones life but in schools, Gov, Community and Churches. 

Ignoring it is not what God wants Mark 3:1-5, Mat 21:12-13, Luke 19:41-44 Jesus hated sin and he resisted it, confronted it, stood up to evil.  

The Church needs to get off the fence and preach the truth and Christians need to stop fearing it just like Jesus the world will hate you and want to kill you just like Jesus. There is no more time people are dying and going to hell because of being silent!

Hi, Yep! It is a long slog, not a one day affair for sure.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 3/1/2024 at 11:10 AM, Neighbor said:

I think  have learned from others -Don't let anyone steal your joy; and rejoice in the joy found by others too! Each is a work in progress led by the Holy Spirit of God. How awesome that God should care so much. Singing Joy joy joy deep in my heart deep in my heart, and "mean"-ing it should be the only "mean"-ness in any of us.

Just what exactly are we talking about? There's this song lol LOVE music talking about say your driving and get mad at the person that cut you off or did something. The song writer looks at the person that cut you off as in .. you don't know whats been going in their life so forth so on. So are we looking at one moment in time or what? I stop here because I don't care meaning I am not anyones GOD judge as its written they are not here to please me. Haha and who am I to tell anyone just how thankful or they should be praising Him what ever.

See right here my first thought is "have I been living this" and I don't mean just this last week or last few months but have I been living this day in day out. 

One of the easiest things "Christians" see is sin, faults in others and when asked "what good do they do for Christ" see if you can get an answer. There are always those that just know how everyone else should be living or what the Church should be doing. But they forget that is not their job. I'm sure some here have said something like this already. Theres this preacher I have listened to not 24/7 but all my life. Never asked for a dime from anyone, never made fun of any other person, ministry. Its what or how he lived I just love and.. I want that heart. Any Church or place or person he was there to server them. He never asked to get paid to go :)

So should I judge him by what those other "Christians" say about him or how he lived day in day out? Shall I look at how many times he fell missed it? I am his judge right? Me? Do you how many times I know some believer did something said something that I pray for them I stand in the gap for them and I say Father for give me. I don't mind falling down getting dirty to help them. 

You its exactly like the woman caught in sin. Do we put our selfs in her place? I doubt but could be wrong but I doubt they asked her to "put on some clothes". I think they dragged her there naked. When did He ask her to repent? I'm 62 and I know how many times I have missed it and some are great sins in my book. Thoughts that if I was judged in this world I would be locked up for life (the past). Yet every moment I think about this. I have to fall on my face because.. wow I can not understand His grace His mercy His compassion that is new very day. He has shown me great great oh great mercy. 

Yet He's.. still here. Like what? The song comes to mind ....comes to mind. yeah right now we know its Him... "I can't love you any more then I do right now."

So for me theres something He really does no like when I look at sin in others no matter how small or great. I see the good they do.. its what He does in my life.. so..