• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

2 hours ago, Starise said:

“New” isn’t completed in most of us is it?

New life that will be older before He is finished with us.

Course not (completed that is)!*  We are a new creation, but still have a choice.

* However, this new, divine life has been birthed into us.  Just as an embryo is a human from the beginning, that regenerated innermost part is in His image from the beginning - it just needs to be worked into our mind, emotion & will (i.e., soul).

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

6 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes, I so agree, Marthoner,

Often when we are working on some aspect of our behavior it is the thing that gets exposed to others, and they may say, "Well, that wasn`t very Christian!" As if we are perfect all the time. We are a work in progress and what the Lord has done in our lives is sometimes not always seen. It could just be holding back from talking about rubbish, and getting on with the job at hand. I bet you have to do that everyday in your job.

Indeed, sister. This occupation has proven to be the most wonderful opportunity in that regard. The Lord uses situations here to teach me the value of being quick to listen (and slow to open my mouth). It's ongoing as I write this. Our lessons from the Lord won't end until our time is up in this world. 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

The only difference is we have a new life in us - our spirit has been joined to His Spirit. The new life in us is meant as our source, but we can still choose to live by the old life of Adam/flesh as our source (which flesh has actually already been crucified in Christ as per Galatians 5:24, by making the choice to be in Christ).

This is the revelation of the new covenant - His divine life in us --> transforming us into His image.

I agree with you 100%, but this begs the question. Should we doubt our salvation if we see no significant differences between us and unbelievers? If the only real difference is inside while the outside seems unchanged, did the inside REALLY change?

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

23 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

So are you saying there openly sinning? I can’t speak for every Christian but God always has an elect who walks with him. 

I guess that depends on how you define openly sinning. Scripture says that if we DON'T DO the good we know we should, that is also sin. Therefore to not commit intentional sin BUT to also not do good deeds IS sin. So I guess to clarify my original statement, what I see from believers is not intentional sin, although I certainly see that, but mostly the significant LACK of good deeds more then unbelievers do. If that doesn't make sense, let me know.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

7 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I agree with you 100%, but this begs the question. Should we doubt our salvation if we see no significant differences between us and unbelievers? If the only real difference is inside while the outside seems unchanged, did the inside REALLY change?

With your new birth comes the trials and things that the Lord see fit . There will be chastening for sure and it will pull you back onto the straight and narrow pathways.

Hebrews 12:6-7

NKJV 

For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.” If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  453
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  1

Shouldn't a Christian think differently? If so, a different behavior will follow, except bad habits until broken or changed through conscious effort by the help of the Holy Spirit.

The following I've heard in more than one sermon and perhaps you have also heard it mentioned in the past. I believe it's attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson:

We sow a thought and reap an action.

We sow an action and reap a habit.

We sow a habit and reap a character.

We sow a character and reap a destiny.

Unseen thoughts produce visible consequences.

Fear is an emotion. Faith is an attitude.

Focus is a choice.

None of the above are my words.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,574
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Excellent question! For an average answer or thought I suggest that we do not sin all the more that grace may abound  is a partial answer.

What does happen is the new "don'ts"  get replaced by the new "do's", and in time there is a significant difference that others will notice. They may appreciate it and comment, or they may hate it and comment.

The Christian does become proactive in many ways, changing significantly; if there is not change then perhaps there has not been  a saving experience at all or one has quickly fallen away.

Salvation though a gift, it also results in  running the race as though to win it as Paul put forth his illustration. So yes faith without works, the work of change within anyway, is dead.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

12 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Exactly . . . that question is the elephant hidden in the corner of the room.

The parable of the Sower comes to mind. Same seed sown on all types of ground . . . the real issue is the ground . . . So . . . what kind of ground is the ground of our hearts ?  That answer determines how much the gospel sown in us produces fruit (fruit of the Spirit) or not.

Every disciple (Judas excluded)  that Jesus called to follow Him in the gospels was changed on the inside, and as a result their outward lives changed as well. Why should we think we are any different today?

Ray . . . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

13 hours ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

I've never been to one, and unfortunately there aren't any in my city. Care to tell me what makes Nazarene so different?

The people in all that I have attended all love each other and take care of each other.  From 2009 to 2019 we traveled over 26 weeks a year and visited churches all over the whole country.  I've never been to a Nazarene church where the people didn't love their neighbors.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Agree Christian should be no part of the world which make them stand out as different.

• Thumbs Up 1