• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

34 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Do notice that I asked a question, not make a statement.  I never claimed you are "ok with homosexuality in the church" ... where in my post did you read that?

I think this conversation between us is a perfect example why the body is divided to an extent ... people don't pay close attention anymore, and that includes me at times.

It's inferred. I made a comment and you brought homosexuality into it by asking if I was ok with it, even though I never said anything about it. You brought it up, the inference is that it's in response to what I said, I.e. I must be ok with it even though I provided no context to suggest that.

It's not a example of division it's an example of you failing to properly communicate online.

Now with that said, it's easy to do online. It's often very easy to misunderstand others intent when one only has the written word, and it's even easier to read into it. It's something all of us, myself are guilty of. Have been, will be, again.

So if it's anything it's an example of why we should be careful of how and why we write what we do online.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

29 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

It's inferred. I made a comment and you brought homosexuality into it by asking if I was ok with it, even though I never said anything about it. You brought it up, the inference is that it's in response to what I said, I.e. I must be ok with it even though I provided no context to suggest that.

I see how this proves even more how divided we can be and why as inferring is assuming, which it appears we both did.  I assumed you were saying that there is no division when you stated "God can and will unite us. Nothing we do or do not do  can change His plan.". so I asked the question.  You assumed I was saying you are "ok with homosexuality in the church" just by asking.  This brings me back to the statement I made: " people don't pay close attention anymore, and that includes me at times. ", and I will add that this is also done by assuming and not asking for clarity.

It's not a example of division it's an example of you failing to properly communicate online.

Really, finger pointing?  Even notice when you point a finger at someone, there are three more pointing back at you?

Now with that said, it's easy to do online. It's often very easy to misunderstand others intent when one only has the written word, and it's even easier to read into it. It's something all of us, myself are guilty of. Have been, will be, again.

So if it's anything it's an example of why we should be careful of how and why we write what we do online.

I fully agree.  Online discussions are often done in a knee-jerking manner, not taking the time to fully take in what is posted, just reacting.  I could of asked you if you don't see division, but didn't.  You could of asked me if I was inferring you were OK with homosexuals, but you didn't.  You are correct ... which, again, is why we often see division even here.  Not caring enough to understand the truth behind what we read and responding without fully understanding what was read. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

I see how this proves even more how divided we can be and why as inferring is assuming, which it appears we both did.  I assumed you were saying that there is no division when you stated "God can and will unite us. Nothing we do or do not do  can change His plan.". so I asked the question.  You assumed I was saying you are "ok with homosexuality in the church" just by asking.  This brings me back to the statement I made: " people don't pay close attention anymore, and that includes me at times. ", and I will add that this is also done by assuming and not asking for clarity.

Really, finger pointing?  Even notice when you point a finger at someone, there are three more pointing back at you?

I fully agree.  Online discussions are often done in a knee-jerking manner, not taking the time to fully take in what is posted, just reacting.  I could of asked you if you don't see division, but didn't.  You could of asked me if I was inferring you were OK with homosexuals, but you didn't.  You are correct ... which, again, is why we often see division even here.  Not caring enough to understand the truth behind what we read and responding without fully understanding what was read. 

Well, you are indeed proving it. I said nothing about homosexuality I simply answered the question. 

The truth of the matter is I made a single, factual statement. You inferred things that weren't even hinted at in my post, and now your trying to make it like I was at least partially to blame.

While there are certainly times where I have been guilty of such, it is not this time. It seems to me your simply trying to prove your point and not actually caring about what I said, and as such the only out come is further division. So I'm out. Have a good evening.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Well, you are indeed proving it. I said nothing about homosexuality I simply answered the question. 

The truth of the matter is I made a single, factual statement. You inferred things that weren't even hinted at in my post, and now your trying to make it like I was at least partially to blame.

While there are certainly times where I have been guilty of such, it is not this time. It seems to me your simply trying to prove your point and not actually caring about what I said, and as such the only out come is further division. So I'm out. Have a good evening.

We're going around in circles ... done.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I don't think OneLight inferred anything with his question.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Rick-Parker said:

I don't think OneLight inferred anything with his question.

He actually said he didn't believe he would approve that.   I do think it was not a good idea to use that particular subject to try and prove a point, though. But hey, that's just me.

On 3/11/2024 at 11:30 AM, backontrack said:

Well, the churches are all divided that means beliefs differ therefore divided 

Hummm...   Consider:::

1 Cor 3:10-15

10  According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. 11 For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— 13  each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.
ESV

It sounds to me like building different on the basic foundation is approved, and Jesus himself will judge whether it is good or bad.   I don't see us being totally at one on all theology/doctrine until Jesus comes back.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, other one said:

Hummm...   Consider:::

It sounds to me like building different on the basic foundation is approved, and Jesus himself will judge whether it is good or bad.   I don't see us being totally at one on all theology/doctrine until Jesus comes back.

Not a spotless united Bride either

2 minutes ago, backontrack said:

Not a spotless united Bride either

Most churches are laid on the foundation of Christ Crucified that Paul talks about and in that sense we are pretty unified. But then again about half the "Christians" I know don't really seem to act on a daily basis as people I would consider saved.  But it's not my place to judge, but to follow my Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, other one said:

Most churches are laid on the foundation of Christ Crucified that Paul talks about and in that sense we are pretty unified. But then again about half the "Christians" I know don't really seem to act on a daily basis as people I would consider saved.  But it's not my place to judge, but to follow my Lord.

Not your place to judge, but maybe your place to educate.

I see far too much discussion about scripture and prophecy to the point of getting in fights with each other  and far too little about the practical aspects of living as a Christian on a daily basis, the how to of it and such.

That's what Jesus did, concentrated on teaching living by the word instead of just sitting around a temple and discussing the word and its esoteric meanings instead.

• Well Said! 1