• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

@warrior12

What is righteousness in the specific sircumstances. 

Rahab risked her life when she deceived her own people who were looking for the spy(s) she had hidden in her home. Ans she lied to the soldiers who were looking for them and the result was that her life was spare and she did not died when Jericho fell. And she lived to married an Israelite and she was the grade  grandmother of Jesus Christ. I should have said of Jesse the father of King David. And by extension the great-great-greate.....grandmother of Jesus as it was thought to be though Joseph his adopted Father. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

17 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Anyone .    How can this be futher expanded or explained in your own words ?.

The Spiritual person has God's perspective and understanding, having His help to understand the true nature of things.   However the natural man doesn't understand him at all.  

I once had a pastor who was not born again.  He invited me to talk with him so he could "get under my skin".  He simply couldn't understand what I was saying, where I was coming from, or why I did things the way I did.  His shelves were lined with Freud and a lot of other psych books but no Bible dictionaries or commentaries.  I asked him why he became a pastor; he said because that was what his mother wanted.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I do not understand your saying.  How can I understand what you are thinking that it could be possibly discussed. And I would like to discuss it.

the prophecy of Daniel was for knowing when the last of days were here... and thus the mall comment... you are here 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

@warrior12

What is righteousness in the specific sircumstances. 

Rahab risked her life when she deceived her own people who were looking for the spy(s) she had hidden in her home. Ans she lied to them and the result was that her life was spare and she did not died when Jericho fell. And she lived to married an Israelite and she was the grate grandmother of Jesus Christ. 

i never knew that.thats a strong statement,please show me where i can find this written..

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, grahampaul said:

i never knew that.thats a strong statement,please show me where i can find this written..

@grahampaul, greetings to you the story of Rahab from Jericho is found in Joshua chapter two and six which I copy and paste below. And from Mathew 1:5-6 

5 Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab,

Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth,

Obed the father of Jesse,

6 and Jesse the father of King David.

Rahab was the mother of Boaz who maried Ruth the Moabites in the book of Ruth (this is why Boaz was kind to Ruth the Moabites and maried her because his mother also was not an Israeli and he was born to a mix maried couple. I should have said Rahab the great grandmother of King David 

From Boaz (the son of Salmon and Rahab) to Obed (the son of Boaz and Ruth) to Jesse the Father of David-King David. 

Joshua 2: 1-16 

2 Then Joshua son of Nun secretly sent two spies from Shittim. “Go, look over the land,” he said, “especially Jericho.” So they went and entered the house of a prostitute named Rahab and stayed there.

2 The king of Jericho was told, “Look, some of the Israelites have come here tonight to spy out the land.” 3 So the king of Jericho sent this message to Rahab: “Bring out the men who came to you and entered your house, because they have come to spy out the whole land.”

4 But the woman had taken the two men and hidden them. She said, “Yes, the men came to me, but I did not know where they had come from. 5 At dusk, when it was time to close the city gate, they left. I don’t know which way they went. Go after them quickly. You may catch up with them.” 6 (But she had taken them up to the roof and hidden them under the stalks of flax she had laid out on the roof.) 7 So the men set out in pursuit of the spies on the road that leads to the fords of the Jordan, and as soon as the pursuers had gone out, the gate was shut.

8 Before the spies lay down for the night, she went up on the roof 9 and said to them, “I know that the Lord has given you this land and that a great fear of you has fallen on us, so that all who live in this country are melting in fear because of you. 10 We have heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea[a] for you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to Sihon and Og, the two kings of the Amorites east of the Jordan, whom you completely destroyed. 11 When we heard of it, our hearts melted in fear and everyone’s courage failed because of you, for the Lord your God is God in heaven above and on the earth below.

12 “Now then, please swear to me by the Lord that you will show kindness to my family, because I have shown kindness to you. Give me a sure sign 13 that you will spare the lives of my father and mother, my brothers and sisters, and all who belong to them—and that you will save us from death.”

14 “Our lives for your lives!” the men assured her. “If you don’t tell what we are doing, we will treat you kindly and faithfully when the Lord gives us the land.”

15 So she let them down by a rope through the window, for the house she lived in was part of the city wall. 16 She said to them, “Go to the hills so......

Joshua 6:17 

17. The city and all that is in it are to be devoted[a] to the Lord. Only Rahab the prostitute and all who are with her in her house shall be spared, because she hid the spies we sent.

Joshua 6:22-23 

22 Joshua said to the two men who had spied out the land, “Go into the prostitute’s house and bring her out and all who belong to her, in accordance with your oath to her.” 23 So the young men who had done the spying went in and brought out Rahab, her father and mother, her brothers and sisters and all who belonged to her. They brought out her entire family and put them in a place outside the camp of Israel.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Willa said:

The Spiritual person has God's perspective and understanding, having His help to understand the true nature of things.   However the natural man doesn't understand him at all.  

I once had a pastor who was not born again.  He invited me to talk with him so he could "get under my skin".  He simply couldn't understand what I was saying, where I was coming from, or why I did things the way I did.  His shelves were lined with Freud and a lot of other psych books but no Bible dictionaries or commentaries.  I asked him why he became a pastor; he said because that was what his mother wanted.

He was not a natural man as he was in Jesus Christ but he had not come to understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ as Paul explained it the Gospel of Grace. Perhaps he was from a legalistic kind of background. Definitely saved by his believing Jesus Christ died for the forgiveness of his sins, if that what he preached and he must have  preached that if not you would never ended up going there and or remaining there in the first place.

I have also met people leader a of the church group And one time he call me to his office supposed to lecture me and then ask me to leave the office like an order without hearing what I had to say or before I finished saying something. 

I proposed to him to meet in the Mall and there he cannot tell me that the meeting is over before hearing what I had to say and if he did not want to hear what I had to say he had to get up and leave himself. 

On a second thought I should have said to him to come and visit me in my home and meet my family who like to meet him so he does not think of me as a vulnerable person or someone without the support of a family and his words or his actions will be accountable to my family. That time if I had say that he would have be free from himself who was seeking to harass me...because we did not think the same but I liked the kind and hospitable and friendly people there and I loved the worship a lot. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 3/9/2024 at 8:48 PM, Willa said:

Jesus Christ and Him crucified are the deepest things of God.

1Co 1:18  For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1Co 1:19  For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart."

1Co 1:20  Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

1Co 1:21  For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.

1Co 1:22  For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom,

1Co 1:23  but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles,

1Co 1:24  but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1Co 1:25  For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than me

impart

1Co 2:7  But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory.

1Co 2:10  these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God.

1Co 2:12  Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.

1Co 2:13  And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

1Co 2:14  The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co 2:15  The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.

1Co 2:16  "For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

The deep things of God only begins with Christ crucified,

1 Co 2:2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

The mystery that continues to perplex the carnal mind is the Resurrection from the dead. This came to a head when Paul preached to the educated minds in Athens, on the Mars Hill.

Addressing the Areopagus

(jump to v. 31 if you want to go straight to the punchline)

Acts 17:

22 Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious; 

23 for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription:

TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.

Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you: 

24 God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 

25 Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. 

26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their pre-appointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 

27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 

28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ 

29 Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. [Mammon]

30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 

31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

32 And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked, while others said, We will hear you again on this matter. 

33 So Paul departed from among them.

And the fulfillment of prophecy...

Romans 1:

3 concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, 

4 and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.

Edited by Mr. M
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

8 hours ago, enoob57 said:

the prophecy of Daniel was for knowing when the last of days were here... and thus the mall comment... you are here 

You are having a lot of context in your mind about what Daniel said. And I am a friend. Daniel prophesied the last days of the Sinai Covenant and we are here in the times of the Gospel and all things have been made new that needed to be made new. Daniel knew that he would not be living when that will happen. It would not happen in his time.

Like John the Baptist who said many things that will happen during his life time and they did indeed happened. Thank you and God bless, or I should say Jesus bless you. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

10 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

This too is the righteousness of God: in Righteous Judgment.

John 5:

26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself, 

27 and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

@Mr. M greetings to you Mr.M.

Definitely Paul was speaking to Athenians and by extension to all the Nations of the world who had other Gods than the divine who created the world and man in Paul's speech who till that time he had said by an oath to Abraham that he only will be his God and the God of his descendants after him. And that excluded all the other Nations of the world. And that was not hidden from them.

And those people were strong believers in life after death and that life in the place of the dead under the authority of the God of the dead Hades. And the place was well guarded and everyone went there and no one could escape from there and their Judge was the God of the dead who kept them, He was the one who Lord it over them and decide for the place where they were to be kept.

And they had their Own Gods who created the sun and the moon and the stars and the things in earth and had control of the elements of their jurisdiction. 

And they were not Jewish prosylites. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Interesting! 1