• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Jezebel in today's parlance was an influencer. 

20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel,

who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality

and eat things sacrificed to idols.

Allowing demonic influence on leadership.

Consider this teaching from Peter:

1 Peter 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, 

or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

So we see busybody mentioned with murderers, thieves and other

evildoers! Why? Are they not playing god in others lives?

Influencers are mass marketers of mammon.

Edited by Mr. M

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Being an influencer. This is demonic.

So Christians trying to witness on line in their web sites, blogs etc are really demonic?

Or is it a case of ' test the spirits' and 'by there fruits you will know them'  ?

An influencer is merely someone who makes known their thoughts, experiences etc to other people.

examples include yourself, every poster on a forum, preachers, bible study leaders, teachers, Politian's etc etc etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, Mr. M said:

Jezebel in today's parlance was an influencer. 

20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel,

who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality

and eat things sacrificed to idols.

Allowing demonic influence on leadership.

Consider this teaching from Peter:

1 Peter 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, 

or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

So we see busybody mentioned with murderers, thieves and other

evildoers! Why? Are they not playing god in others lives?

Being an influencer. This is demonic.

Influencers are always trying to sell something.

To succeed, the first sell must be themselves.

This is called marketing "their brand".

Scripturally, it is called prostitution.

This is now widespread in the church.

1 Timothy 6:

3 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, 

even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to

the doctrine which accords with godliness, 

4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is

obsessed with disputes and arguments over words,

from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, 

5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth,

who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.

6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Have we forgotten that Jesus was an influencer?

There is nothing wrong with someone speaking their mind, and those words impacting others. Just about every public person you like is an influencer. Not all influencers are bad people.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

There are those who influence in a  good way and there are those who influence in a bad way.  Grouping them all together is not right.  Blanket statements are almost always wrong.  It may take a little extra work on our part, but digging deeper into what someone is trying to "sell" is where we find the difference.   

• Well Said! 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2024 at 9:07 AM, Who me said:

So Christians trying to witness on line in their web sites, blogs etc are really demonic?

Or is it a case of ' test the spirits' and 'by there fruits you will know them'  ?

An influencer is merely someone who makes known their thoughts, experiences etc to other people.

examples include yourself, every poster on a forum, preachers, bible study leaders, teachers, Politian's etc etc etc.

On 3/11/2024 at 8:15 AM, Eman_3 said:

Have we forgotten that Jesus was an influencer?

There is nothing wrong with someone speaking their mind, and those words impacting others. Just about every public person you like is an influencer. Not all influencers are bad people.

On 3/11/2024 at 11:58 AM, OneLight said:

There are those who influence in a  good way and there are those who influence in a bad way.  Grouping them all together is not right.  Blanket statements are almost always wrong.  It may take a little extra work on our part, but digging deeper into what someone is trying to "sell" is where we find the difference.   

All of you are redefining Influencer in a way that contradicts the OP, which then justifies stating that blanket statements are wrong. The OP begins with Jezebel, and then discusses Influencers as they are referred to in the modern parlance. Modern society does not define Influencers as "pretty much anyone sharing an opinion". They are some of the most successful Marketing stories out there. LSU gymnast Olivia Dunne made over $3 million dollars last year alone.

On line Influencers are big money makers, and they market themselves first, and then products they endorse. This is marketing 101 being applied to modern social media. I know of people who won't buy a book if it wasn't endorsed by Oprah. If you would read the OP and the follow-up post I made, it should be clear that we are not talking about the same thing. I have narrowly defined Influencer as the term being used in modern media, you all are redefining, and then finding fault with the OP using a broadened definition that includes children saying "I don't like broccoli". 

Edited by Mr. M

4 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

All of you are redefining Influencer in a way that contradicts the OP, which then justifies stating that blanket statements are wrong. The OP begins with Jezebel, and then discusses Influencers as they are referred to in the modern parlance. Modern society does not define Influencers as "pretty much anyone sharing an opinion". They are some of the most successful Marketing stories out there. LSU gymnast Olivia Dunne made over $3 million dollars last year alone.

On line Influencers are big money makers, and they market themselves first, and then products they endorse. This is marketing 101 being applied to modern social media. I know of people who won't buy a book if it wasn't endorsed by Oprah. If you would read the OP and the follow-up post I made, it should be clear that we are not talking about the same thing. I have narrowly defined Influencer as the term being used in modern media, you all are redefining, and then finding fault with the OP using a broadened definition that includes children saying "I don't like broccoli". 

Here is a positive, edifying response from another forum made by someone who actually comprehended the OP.

ἀλλοτριεπίσκοπος ------------what an interesting word! I'm adding it to my rather meek Koine vocabulary. https://www.christianforums.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/old/onion/smarty.gif

Thank you for the heads up! I'll do my best to avoid committing this sin ...

If you would prefer that I remain on that forum, please state so now,

or hold yourselves accountable for a change... @Michael37, @AnOrangeCat, @Who me, @OneLight. @Eman_3

and all the oversight that desire to censer me, understand and weigh your lose to gain.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

17 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Agreed. Influencer is a current phenomenon with a discrete definition; you have described what an Influencer is, how they operate, and their place in this world of men. 

Our Lord Jesus Christ is not an Influencer. The Spirit of the living God is not an Influencer. We are not Influencers either, for Influencers operate for the express purpose of monetary gain. We show forth the love and life of Christ not for the love of money, but for the love of God and our neighbor.

• Well Said! 1

3 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Agreed. Influencer is a current phenomenon with a discrete definition; you have described what an Influencer is, how they operate, and their place in this world of men. 

Our Lord Jesus Christ is not an Influencer. The Spirit of the living God is not an Influencer. We are not Influencers either, for Influencers operate for the express purpose of monetary gain. We show forth the love and life of Christ not for the love of money, but for the love of God and our neighbor.

Thank you, brother.

I may have assumed that the modern terminology was familiar, but I thought launching with Jezebel would give the OP a sense of direction. The follow up post should have been sufficient clarification.

BTW, the Greek word referenced in the other response refers to 'busybody' by Peter. An astute observation.

I have voiced the opinion often that certain members come on my threads solely to be contrary and without edification. I deal shrewdly with them according to scripture, but this is not well understood

Psalm 18:26

I love when people throw a WWJD at me. I know exactly what He did. He dealt shrewdly with them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

-

Edited by RdJ
nm