IGNORED

How can the Holy & Righteous God live in Corrupted Beings?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

Language is given by God to transmit ideas. It has rules to make those transmissions clear and consistent. If God cannot tell a lie, He is restricted. My language, written clearly, said that the restriction came from His nature. I cannot state it more plainly. If it seems to you that some outside person imposed rules, my language was obscure. It can happen. May the reader judge.

Language we use today is not the original language God gave us.

If it was we would have a unified world and there would be no room for understanding or not understanding one another, we would all think and speak the same.

It is a long developing contrivance of men, not a means of expressing or understanding absolutes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,038
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, FJK said:

Bo, that would not be a better word, and it does indicate that God can change things.

18 minutes ago, FJK said:

Language we use today is not the original language God gave us.

If it was we would have a unified world and there would be no room for understanding or not understanding one another, we would all think and speak the same.

It is a long developing contrivance of men, not a means of expressing or understanding absolutes.

That leaves us with no hope of understanding God's Word - and each other's.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 3/25/2024 at 9:16 AM, Vine Abider said:

I've often thought about this, that is, God is the one that can't even be looked upon because He's 100% holy, pure and righteous. So how can this One indwell impure, corrupted man?

I got some light on this in the devotional "Daily Light" for March 23rd (morning page), which devotional is comprised of simply God's word. (anyone else use this devotional for prayer and meditation?)

But before answering my own question, let me ask all y'alls: How is this possible for the perfect God to live in imperfect man?

Great....`that through these (promises) you may be partakers of the divine nature,...` (2 Peter 1: 4)

We are of Christ seed - pure, holy, precious and righteous.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, AdHoc said:

For one, He is 100% righteous. So, He cannot just extend mercy how He likes. Justice must first be satisfied and then only can He even think of letting somebody off the just deserts of their actions

Actually God can and has extended mercy without there being a bit of merit within the recipients of His mercy. Plus God has changed his mind and repented of His own judgement. He does what He does. It is not for any man to judge what God does.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

19 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Actually God can and has extended mercy without there being a bit of merit within the recipients of His mercy. Plus God has changed his mind and repented of His own judgement. He does what He does. It is not for any man to judge what God does.

Could it be the unmerited recipient's mercy received was due to the Son of God, our advocate, in whom the Father was well pleased?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

The spirit of man was changed at salvation, yet the flesh remains. 

That spirit of man is supposed to be under the control of the Spirit while the flesh dies daily. 

We can still grieve the Spirit in us by doing the wrong things. The Spirit then pulls way back and convicts, no longer being effective in that person until they once again submit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

11 hours ago, AdHoc said:

That leaves us with no hope of understanding God's Word - and each other's.

Not through language alone.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, FJK said:

Not through language alone.

Hi, Adding to that line of thought: ..."Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.  But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.  But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.  For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?”But we have the mind of Christ."

Just now, Neighbor said:

Hi, Adding to that line of thought: ..."Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.  But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.  But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.  For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?”But we have the mind of Christ."

My opinion of it, which is just my opinion, is that the word of god is learned by studying it but it is understood by living it.

This, the living of it, is what Holy Spirit teaches us how to do if we are willing to follow and not question.

This is not easy to do since the world and wisdom of men teaches us the opposite and we are all swayed by the world and wisdom of men even when we don't realize we are.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, FJK said:

My opinion of it, which is just my opinion, is that the word of god is learned by studying it but it is understood by living it.

Hi, Interesting " by living it". Hmm maybe, but how does one live it without first understanding, which comes by the enablement of God the Holy Spirit alone?

I have to retreat back to my own non-understanding of the word of God the Bible for a moment; even as I heard bits and pieces of the word of God five and six times a day for years as a funeral director and cemetery sales employee I did not understand the reality, the truth, that it is.

It was not until God was ready or had made me readied, did I "hear" with understanding; and then only after the Holy Spirit made His presence known to me.