luigi

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  0

When watching CBS news Tuesday evening about the container ship that collided with the bridge in Baltimore; the newsman mentioned that the last time a container ship collided with a bridge was back in 1980, and that container ships back then were 1/4 the size that they are today. While this bit of information may at first appear benign, with some even seeing it as good economic news;--what this also means is that consumption throughout the world has increased substantially since 1980. So where do we see this increase in global consumerism described in the bible? 

According to Revelation 18:3, all the worlds nations will partake in fornication with Babylon the Great. With its merchants waxing rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Revelation 18:3 or all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Edited by luigi
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.94
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, luigi said:

When watching CBS news Tuesday evening about the container ship that collided with the bridge in Baltimore; the newsman mentioned that the last time a container ship collided with a bridge was back in 1980, and that container ships back then were 1/4 the size that they are today. While this bit of information may at first appear benign, with some even seeing it as good economic news;--what this also means is that consumption throughout the world has increased substantially since 1980. So where do we see this increase in global consumerism described in the bible? 

According to Revelation 18:3, all the worlds nations will partake in fornication with Babylon the Great. With its merchants waxing rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Revelation 18:3 or all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Is this leading toward America being Babylon the Great?

I don't discount the possibility, but I don't discount the possibility that Babylon the Great is something yet to come after America falls or that America is just a part of.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  4.71

Revelation 18:3 symbolizes material wealth and comfort? Notice that the mark of the beast enables those marked to sell and trade. Material wealth and comfort is produced by the selling and trading of the earth's natural resources often to the detriment of the environment.

The destruction of the earth and blindness to the spiritual component of a person takes a back seat to profit in material comfort and the next fad for titillating the senses.

Rev 18:22-24

and the sound of harpists and musicians, of flute players and trumpeters,
will be heard in you no more,
and a craftsman of any craft
will be found in you no more,
and the sound of the mill
will be heard in you no more,
and the light of a lamp
will shine in you no more,
and the voice of bridegroom and bride
will all who have been slain on earth.” be heard in you no more,
for your merchants were the great ones of the earth,
and all nations were deceived by your sorcery.
And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints,
and of all who have been slain on earth.”

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Is the below the same Harlot ?.

Revelation 17              King James Version
17 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,504
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

11 hours ago, FJK said:

I don't discount the possibility, but I don't discount the possibility that Babylon the Great is something yet to come after America falls or that America is just a part of.

The problem with that is that once the clock starts ticking there is no time for some new empire or kingdom to rise. When you see some things start to happen, Jesus said, you know it is all coming down fast. (that was a paraphrase)

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, dad2 said:

The problem with that is that once the clock starts ticking there is no time for some new empire or kingdom to rise. When you see some things start to happen, Jesus said, you know it is all coming down fast. (that was a paraphrase)

Well, that may be true, however I've seen predictions of imminent fulfillment based on curret events for nearly eight decades and they have all turned out to be wrong.

I'm no prophet, but I look at things like Daniel's 70 weeks being claimed to be scattered out over thousands of years with nothing in the scripture saying they would be and I just have a hard time making predictions based on current events.

So in the end, while I actually believe things will happen during the lifetime of a generation alive today, I just don't know and have to concentrate on living my life in dedication to the dealings of today instead putting them on hold and dedicating it to concentrating events which will come sometime in the future and probably after I have departed the scene.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Content Per Day:  1.02

16 hours ago, FJK said:

Good morning FJK,

Babylon the Great is a city, not a country;-- and this city is the one that all kings (heads of state) follow in their economic endeavors (Revelation 17:18), so that they can participate in consuming plenty of goodies (Revelation 18:3). We also see this great consumption of the earth, as the fourth beasts agenda in Daniel 7:23.

Revelation 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Revelation 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Daniel 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,504
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Well, that may be true, however I've seen predictions of imminent fulfillment based on curret events for nearly eight decades and they have all turned out to be wrong.

The point was that it was claimed that another empire would arise. Looking at Israel and the degenerate nature of governments and schools and etc in the world today, it seems unlikely that another major power like Greece or Medo Persia or Babylon would rise before the Rapture and events to come in the tribulation. It is true we don't know when exactly.

We can say the signs Jesus mentioned have begun though, I think. Not all of them, obviously. People trying to be saviors of the planet, false Christs, rising persecution. Christians being hated of all men. (for opposing the gender confusion attack on children, abortion,sodom lifestyles, etc etc)     Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

I'm no prophet, but I look at things like Daniel's 70 weeks being claimed to be scattered out over thousands of years with nothing in the scripture saying they would be and I just have a hard time making predictions based on current events.

Yes it says clearly that the events mentioned covered the time from Daniel till the very end. "Seventy ‘sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

So in the end, while I actually believe things will happen during the lifetime of a generation alive today, I just don't know and have to concentrate on living my life in dedication to the dealings of today instead putting them on hold and dedicating it to concentrating events which will come sometime in the future and probably after I have departed the scene.

The events coming do not require you to do anything. Once the things Jesus told us about start to happen, the rest will follow in a fairly short time. In a broad sense, knowing the end of things from prophesy, we know the world will have a global government. We know commerce will center on an identifying mark embedded inside of people. We know Jerusalem will be surrounded by armies. We know believers will be killed worldwide. etc. It is obvious that the stage is being set today.

4 minutes ago, dad2 said:

Christians being hated of all men.

Just a sort of observation, make of it what you will, he was talking to Jews at the time, there were no "Christians" yet, not until after the Pentecost.

Do you think we will see a time come when the Jews are hated of all men?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,033
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

Babylon the Great is a system developed by Nimrod and company in Babel. It has a religious side (Rev. Chapter 17) and a Commercial side (Rev. Chapter 18).

The religious side is destroyed by the ten kings. This is to ensure total worldwide worship is directed at the Beast and the Dragon (Rev.17:16). That is also why the Tares are harvested before the Wheat in Matthew 13.

The Commercial side is the way the world economy is run (based on alchemy to create money out of nothing). It is the sum of the world system that God hates. He destroys that system. at His return (Rev.18:8).

• Thumbs Up 1