• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,378
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, obedientFool said:

So Jesus will come in his own name? Or Jesus isn't God, or there's 2 Gods?

The Christian God is triune. That means both one and three at the same time. That means Jesus can at once be God, and be with God (see John 1). Christianity is explicitly monotheistic. As a matter of logic, there can only be one eternal God. However, that one eternal God can be more complex than our finite minds can conceive.

Your argument assumes that God can not be triune - but can only be one or three. But then your argument excludes the Biblical conception of God from consideration.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 hours ago, RTRider said:

Wouldn't it have been great if we had the original writings of the New Testament books?  Since we have only Greek translations, we lose some things that could have been clearer. Any interlinear scripture shows that God the Father's name Yahweh has been replaced in our English translations with Lord. Our English bibles refer to the only true God as Lord, and the readers eventually are no longer certain of who the term refers. Then, we use context to try to determine to whom it refers. With Yeshua speaking, context says he is speaking of His Father Yahweh.

Jesus tells us that no one has seen the Father, however we are told that Moses, Aaron and 72 others went up and saw the God of Israel (Yahweh) and were surprised that he did not raise a hand to harm them.   We are also told that Jesus was in the form of God before he sat that aside and became flesh.   During a confrontation with a group of Jews he told them Abraham referred to him as Lord and when they confronted him about it he told them." before Abraham was, I am."  Which is what he told Moses to tell the Hebrews in Egypt, that was what he was to tell them who sent Moses. The Father can't possibly be Yahweh, but it looks very much like Jesus was before he became flesh.   Jesus was/is and always has been the physical representation of the Trinity on Earth.

• Well Said! 1

6 hours ago, obedientFool said:

So Jesus will come in his own name? Or Jesus isn't God, or there's 2 Gods?

The Godhead is a Trinity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.  The word God in Hebrew and Greek refers to beings that exist in the spirit realm.  It is used for the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit along with Moloch, Baal and a number of other pagan gods.   Remember that there are no Caps in Hebrew, and I'm told the original Greek manuscripts we do have access to are in all Caps, so technically there is no difference between god and God except for the translators expressing context of God referring to any of the Trinity.

3 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

God is one. John 17.

Jesus wants us to be one with him as he is one with the Father, so we can be one and interface with the Father directly.   Being one does  not mean they are the same being/entity, or that would make us God also.  Keep  in mind that because of our unrighteousness, we can not be one with the Father without what Jesus did for us, and made it possible for the Holy Spirit to reside with us.  Without the Holy Spirit we can not interface with Jesus and without what Jesus did and asked for the Spirit to be sent to us, we would still be estranged from the Father.   The three of them work so closely and are always connected spiritually with each other that they are one.   Husbands and wives are also one.  Once we are born again, saved, we are considered Sons and Daughters of God.

The Fathers wishes and resources made both the universe, and us possible, and Jesus in his pre incarnation actually did the creating according to John chapter one..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/30/2024 at 4:21 PM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Isn't Jesus identified as the creator?

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. ... He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. [Jhn 1:1-3, 10-11 KJV]

And until he comes to rule over everything, Jesus point to the Father.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,148
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

“Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. 21 Beware of Him and obey His voice; do not provoke Him, for He will not pardon your transgressions; for My name is in Him. 

Exodus 23

Jesus is the Angel of the Lord from the O.T.

Exodus 3:

Who was in the bush?

And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush.

So when the Lord (YHWH) saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”

And he said, “Here I am.”

5 Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” 6 Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” 

Judges 13

18 And the Angel of the Lord said to him, “Why do you ask My name, seeing it is wonderful?”

Edited by RdJ

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Well, if we are going to see our bibles in English and read the words with our western culture, we cannot be sure of the intent of those words - because we are blind to the way the original writers intended that they be understood. I know that concept frustrates people because we don't want to go to the trouble of learning Hebrew customs and manner of thought. Simply put, without learning how to understand the culture of the writers, we will misunderstand scripture. Hermeneutics is more than simple reading in English.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,148
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

Maybe He was quoting Psalm 118

I will praise You,
For You have answered me,
And have become my salvation.

22 The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.

23 [c]This was the Lord’s doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes.
24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

25 Save now, I pray, O Lord;
O Lord, I pray, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!
We have blessed you from the house of the Lord.
27 God is the Lord,
And He has given us light;

Edited by RdJ

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,504
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/30/2024 at 4:02 AM, RTRider said:

Wouldn't it have been great if we had the original writings of the New Testament books?  Since we have only Greek translations, we lose some things that could have been clearer. Any interlinear scripture shows that God the Father's name Yahweh has been replaced in our English translations with Lord. Our English bibles refer to the only true God as Lord, and the readers eventually are no longer certain of who the term refers. Then, we use context to try to determine to whom it refers. With Yeshua speaking, context says he is speaking of His Father Yahweh.

Yes, how and why it was translated that way through the centuries is a little complicated, with different manuscripts, vowels, and translations. One name was so holy to the Jews that they would not pronounce it.

In some translations, we get a clue about investigating, LORD- Lord.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,339
  • Content Per Day:  2.77

1 Tim 2

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

John 629

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

1 Cor 15

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

• Thumbs Up 1