• Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 4/4/2024 at 8:41 AM, Dennis1209 said:

It means the following to me:

The Greek word for “grace,” charis, is equivalent to the Hebrew word hesed, which means “loving kindness”—a word frequently used by the psalmists to describe God’s character. In the New Testament, the word charis usually means “divine favor” or “goodwill,” but it also means “that which gives joy” and “that which is a free gift.”

Shabbat shalom, Dennis1209.

That's very interesting to me! You've reminded me of one of the first Hebrew words I learned: hesed (חֵסֵד = chesed). It not only conveys to us the meaning of "kindness" toward us through His own "loving" gesture, but it also conveys the meaning of COVENANT-KEEPING; that is, how God is willing to keep His end of the covenant even if we repeatedly break our end of that covenant and constantly come back to Him and renew our desire to commit to it. YHWH is a COVENANT-KEEPING God!

On 4/4/2024 at 8:41 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Grace is the gift of God. It is expressed in God’s actions of extending mercy, loving-kindness, and salvation to people. Divine grace is embodied in the person of Jesus Christ (John 1:14, 17). God’s grace manifested in Jesus Christ makes it possible for God to forgive sinners and to gather them in the church. During His ministry, Jesus repeatedly offered forgiveness to a great number of sinners and extended God’s succor for a variety of desperate human needs. Through teachings such as the father’s forgiveness of the prodigal son and the search for the lost sheep, Jesus made it clear that He had come to seek and save those who were lost. But ultimately, it was His redemptive death on the cross which opened wide the gate of salvation for repentant sinners so that they have access to God’s forgiving and restorative grace.
This simple truth is formulated in the doctrine of “justification by faith through grace” (Rom. 3:23; Titus 3:7). According to this teaching, God graciously provides life, through the death of Christ, to sinners who believe in Jesus. Jesus’ substitutionary death for all people enables God to pronounce a verdict of “not guilty” on repentant sinners and to include them in His eternal purposes. God’s grace manifested in Jesus also makes it possible for God to bestow undeserved benefits on believers. These benefits enrich our lives and unite us together in the church. God’s acceptance of believers on the basis of grace gives us a new status: we are children of God, members of the household of God, and can relate to Him as our heavenly Father (Gal. 4:4–6).
God’s disposition to exercise goodwill towards His creatures is another essential meaning of “grace” in the Bible. This favorable disposition of God finds its supreme expression in Jesus Christ. By its very definition, this grace is rendered fully accessible to all humans with no precondition other than a repentant desire to receive it (Titus 2:11–12). The tragic alternative to receiving God’s grace is to remain in hopeless alienation from God (Rom. 1:21). Therefore, let us accept God’s gift of grace granted to us in Christ Jesus.

Carpenter, Eugene E., and Philip W. Comfort. 2000. In Holman Treasury of Key Bible Words: 200 Greek and 200 Hebrew Words Defined and Explained, 295. Nashville, TN: Broadman & Holman Publishers.

Yes, this is true for His name is "Yeeshuwa`" which is Hebrew for "He shall save/rescue/deliver." And, that act He performed on the cross paved the way for us to receive God's justification as we make His death our Sacrifice for sin.

Isaiah 53:4-11 (KJV)

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the LORD (YHWH) to bruise him (the Messiah); he (YHWH) hath put him (the Messiah) to grief: when thou shalt make his (the Messiah's) soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11 He (YHWH) shall see of the travail of his (the Messiah's) soul (air-breather), and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

And, David had already given us the good news in all of this:

Psalm 16:8-11 (KJV)

8 "I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

9 "Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

10 "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell (Hebrew: נַפְשִׁ֣י לִשְׁאֹ֑ול = nafshiy lish'owl = "my-air-breather to-asked-about" or "my-air-breather to-the-grave"); neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption (Hebrew: לִרְאֹ֥ות שָֽׁחַת = lir'owt shaachat = "to-see decay").

11 "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."

He wouldn't be STAYING DEAD! His Father YHWH raised Him to life after three days and three nights.

Peter recognized that these words were not just David talking but was actually a prophecy concerning David's Ultimate Heir to David's throne, the Messiah of God!

Acts 2:22-36 (KJV)

22 "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

25 "For David speaketh concerning him,

"'I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.' (Psalm 16:8-11)

29 "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore BEING A PROPHET, and KNOWING THAT GOD HAD SWORN WITH AN OATH TO HIM, that of (from) the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his (David's) throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that 'his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.' 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 "For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself,

"'The LORD (YHWH) said unto my Lord (# = Adoniy = "my-Sire"), Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.' (Psalm 110:1)

36"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus (Yeeshuwa`), whom ye have crucified, both Lord ("Master/Owner") and Christ ("Anointed One to be King")."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

I love the old saying, "Grace is getting something you don't deserve where as Mercy is not getting something you do deserve".

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

2 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

I love the old saying, "Grace is getting something you don't deserve where as Mercy is not getting something you do deserve".

Yep! One cannot work for Grace; it is unmerited. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/30/2024 at 12:51 AM, Kristina said:

What does falling short of grace mean to you?

When someone is refusing to believe in Jesus Christ by saying I believe in God and I am a good and charitable person and love my neighbor. That person seeks to prove himself to God as worthy to be in God's unmerited favor with his own merits.  And that person seeks God's acceptance in his own worth. And seeks to accomplish something and hopes that God will open the door to welcome him (that individual is) in his own merit. Everything this individual does it cannot much the grace of God given to anyone who believes in Jesus Christ, who died for the forgiveness of our sins. We have this Grace from God in Jesus Christ who is the door to the Heavenly Father for anyone who believes in the name of Jesus. This is falling sort of Grace, when someone can only be in the Heavenly Father by faith in Jesus Christ, and that someone tries to get to the Heavenly Father without faith in the Grace of God provided to us in Jesus Christ. We can see that if we understand that Jesus is the Grace of God. Or the Grace of God has come to the whole world through Jesus Christ, the forgiveness of our sins and the Heavenly Inheritance to be with Jesus Christ and the Heavenly Father. 

Anyone who denies to believe in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of his sins and tries in his own merits to open the door to the Heavenly Father, that door will never open to him because he is not in the Grace given to anyone who believes in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins. His own righteousness is short of the righteousness of Jesus Christ and for that reason sort of the righteousness of God. Sort of the Grace of God given to people through Jesus Christ who is the way to the Heavenly Father. It can only be through Jesus Christ the Lamb of God who was Slain and shed the blood of the New Covenant for the forgiveness of our sins in his blood with his death on the Cross. Every other attempt to reach God without Jesus Christ will always fail, will be not enough. 

To fall sort of the favor of Jesus Christ this is something with the Believers and Jesus Christ, it has to do between Jesus Christ and his own children, the children of God. Between Jesus Christ and the people who are already saved in him. Having the forgiveness of their sins in his blood, in the Slain Lamb of God by believing in him. A side saying could be is not to try to earn what you already have. Accept what one has when someone believes in Jesus Christ. Has the forgiveness of sins and the gift of his righteousness. And then we grow in our own righteousness towards God. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

***THE  GRACE  OF  GOD***

---are you preserved---

PSALM 31:23  O  LOVE  THE  LORD  all you  HIS  saints for  THE  LORD   --preserveth the faithful--  and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer 

PSALM 145:20  THE  LORD  preserveth all them that love  HIM  but all the wicked he will destroy

PSALM 37:28  for  THE  LORD  loveth judgment and forsaketh not --HIS  SAINTS-- they are preserved forever but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off

EPHESIANS 2:8  for by grace are you saved through faith and that --not of yourselves-- it is the gift of  GOD

PSALM 33:4  for the word of  THE  LORD  is right and all his works are  --DONE  IN  TRUTH--

EPHESIANS 2:9  NOT  OF  WORKS  LEST  ANY  --MAN--  SHOULD  BOAST

PSALM 92:5  O  LORD  how great are thy works and thy thoughts are very deep 

--92:6--  a brutish man knoweth not neither doth a fool understand this 

ISAIAH 55:9  for as the heavens are higher than the earth so are  MY  ways higher than than your thoughts 

PROVERBS 16:17  the highway of the upright is to depart from evil he that keepeth  --HIS  WAY--  preserveth his soul

PSALM 145:17  THE  LORD  is righteous in all  HIS  ways and holy in all  HIS  works 

EPHESIANS 2:9  NOT  OF  WORKS  LEST  ANY  --MAN-- SHOULD BOAST

PSALM 106:35  but were mingled among the heathen and learned their works 

--106:39--  thus were they defiled with their own works and went a whoring with their own inventions 

PSALM 133:15  the idols of the heathen are silver and gold the work of mens hands 

ISAIAH 2:8  their land is full of idols they worship the work of their own hands--which their own fingers have made--

ISAIAH 29:15  woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from  THE  LORD  --and their works are in the dark-- and they say who seeth us and who knoweth us 

JOB38:2  who is this that darkeneth counsel  --BY  WORDS  WITHOUT  KNOWLEDGE --

***LUKE 17:33  WHOSOEVER  shall seek to save his life shall lose it and whosoever shall lose his life ***shall preserve it***

JUDE 1:1  jude the servant of JESUS  CHRIST  and brother of james to them that are sanctified by  --GOD  THE  FATHER  AND  PRESERVED  IN  JESUS  CHRIST-- and called

JAMES 1:12  blessed is the man that endureth temptation for when he is tried he shall receive the crown of life which  THE  LORD  hath promised to --them that love  HIM--

PSALM 97:10  you that love  THE  LORD  hate evil  --HE  PRESERVETH-- the souls of  HIS  saints  HE  delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked 

JOHN 14:21  he that hath  MY  commandments and keepeth them he it is that loveth  ME  and he that loveth  ME  shall be loved of  MY  FATHER  and I will love him and will manifest myself to him

EPHESIANS 2:10  for we are  HIS  workmanship created in CHRIST  JESUS unto --GOOD  WORKS-- which  GOD  hath before ordained that we should walk in them 

TITUS 2:11  for the grace of  GOD  that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men 

--2:12--  TEACHING  US   that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should  --live soberly -- righteously -- and godly -- IN  THIS  PRESENT  WORLD--

PROVERBS 11:18  the wicked worketh a deceitful work but to him that  --SOWETH  RIGHTEOUSNESS--  SHALL  BE  A  SURE  REWARD--

***EPHESIANS 2:9  NOT  OF  WORKS  LEST  ANY  --MAN--  SHOULD  BOAST***

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST