• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  4.35
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, mel85 said:

New believer may love to start  reading Genesis.

If one have Bible he or she will read it at  any time  or from any verses or chapters from any Books in the Bibles.

Acts of kindness will have a lasting affect to unbelievers. I still recall acts of kindness by Christians toward me before I was Christian. I'm speaking 40+ years of remembrance.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  1,429
  • Topics Per Day:  0.59
  • Content Count:  1,881
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, D. Adrien said:

Acts of kindness will have a lasting affect to unbelievers. I still recall acts of kindness by Christians toward me before I was Christian. I'm speaking 40+ years of remembrance.

That's true!

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

And yet God led me to first read Job. Go figure.

I started with Revelation myself. At the time I had no idea it was the last book in the Bible. People joked that I was going to end up reading it in reverse.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

8 hours ago, mel85 said:

These many years we tried there is not much result we should talk and give Bibles, let God guide and let them read or start from any verse or Chapter or Books.

You know I am here among unbelievers so i have to think or do which seems better here.

I agree, God leads us to start where it will benefit us the most. The situation in India is also very severe for those unaware. There's been a strong sense of nationalism rising over the years, and Hinduism is very much linked to that. It's not nationwide violence and persecution, but there are certainly times and places where it's extremely dangerous. I get why you'd want to focus on distributing Bibles amongst believers who need them. We're the body of Christ and have different purposes, so it seems fine to focus on building up the church from within.

Something I'm curious is what would you be working with in terms of numbers? How many people would be distributing Bibles? How many Bibles would you like to distribute?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, AnOrangeCat said:

I agree, God leads us to start where it will benefit us the most. The situation in India is also very severe for those unaware. There's been a strong sense of nationalism rising over the years, and Hinduism is very much linked to that. It's not nationwide violence and persecution, but there are certainly times and places where it's extremely dangerous. I get why you'd want to focus on distributing Bibles amongst believers who need them. We're the body of Christ and have different purposes, so it seems fine to focus on building up the church from within.

Something I'm curious is what would you be working with in terms of numbers? How many people would be distributing Bibles? How many Bibles would you like to distribute?

yes different things are happening against believers here. If I am not wrong there will be strict rules and regulations to check the growth of number of believers.

You know we meet unbelievers but I think it will be wise to talk to them they come for fellowship and we give Bibles that to this should be a top secret and others should not know or else more problems for believers and others will arise.

Here there are fellowships and house Churches so I think we can talk to these fellowship and house Churches and provide Bibles that too with prayers and encouragement.

I think we can send Bibles to others secretly. I think having large number of Bibles is not good. I would say Bibles between 20-30 is good to distribute. We have to see the time and place and consider everything. I can say as we have no Bibles we donot give them we should be prepared in season and out of season as Bible says.

I think we should distribute less numbers of Bibles but increase the days of distribution.

I think we have to change our strategy in Bible distribution

Edited by mel85
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

On 4/17/2024 at 8:48 PM, mel85 said:

I want to overcome the enemy with God s help.

Real prayer is a continuous quiet realization of God's presence in our lives. Testimony works best when it is done with patients so that the Holy Spirt is made manifest in our humble daily activities. Accusing people is being on the wrong side of the courtroom, be a defendant so that your supporting love is making a case for accepting forgiveness.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,351
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

10 hours ago, Scott Free said:

Real prayer is a continuous quiet realization of God's presence in our lives. Testimony works best when it is done with patients so that the Holy Spirt is made manifest in our humble daily activities. Accusing people is being on the wrong side of the courtroom, be a defendant so that your supporting love is making a case for accepting forgiveness.

Beautifully said about a spirit of prayer and our witness.

Unbelievers oftentimes observe Christians.   What do they see as we do everyday activities?   Do they observe the peace and love of Christ towards others in our lives?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,664
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi again, In what language or languages are you thinking the Bibles need to be written?

I ask because it may be that the resources of Wycliffe Bible Ministries might be better suited to your need than is The Gideon ministry.

https://www.wycliffe.org/churches

9 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi again, In what language or languages are you thinking the Bibles need to be written?

I ask because it may be that the resources of Wycliffe Bible Ministries might be better suited to your need than is The Gideon ministry.

https://www.wycliffe.org/churches

God's Word if written in Hindi is good here Hindi is a national language and majority read and write Hindi but other state languages are spoken according to their state. Bible Society print and sells Bible in different languages here.

Thanks for sharing.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,664
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Also: There is another ministry, one that trains up local ministers word by word verse by verse that might  be a good role model for your own leading call. That ministry is:

DISCIPLE SUPPORT MINISTRIES which is very much involved in training up "pastors of the least" in Narobi, Kenya. You might,  if so led,  look at www.Disciple Support.Org

Another is SOS  Miistries which has experience in getting Bibles written and approved by "kings", having done so in the Greek language originally for atheletes at the Olympics at Rome. See;

SOShope.org

May God bless  and lead.