• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Hey guys,

My home computer is dead so I can't be on here much and I miss you all so much!

So I see this saga hasn't ended.

I myself see those who observe the Sabbath in obedience to law, have not really understood the message of salvation.

I think Shiloh and Yod are the only 2 Sabbatarians I have ever met that understand salvation fully. I was raised SDA and my SDA aquaintances didn't and don't understand salvation.

Just thought I would drop in and say hey!

Merry Christmas Love yall!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Wordsower, I have watched this subject on 6 threads on two boards and they usually run 30 to 50 pages and then someone will start a new one and the same things will be posted again. It's starting to get humorus........

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

SealedEternal,

I'm glad that you don't need to do anything. You see I have also entered into my rest, a rest from the works of the flesh, from sin and disobedience. You see I came to Christ to be saved from my sins and to receive the new heart that works the works of God. You see I have been created unto good works. You see God wrote His laws in my heart when I received the New Covenant. I love God and his laws. I love to do good works for Jesus lives in me.

You see when Jesus came to dwell in my heart through the Holy Spirit, I received the mind of Christ and a love for righteousness and holiness. Jesus, who created and blessed the Holy Sabbath now leads me in obedience to His Holy Day, my Lord's day. I am sorry that you do not love His Holy Sabbath day.

You see Paul says that the law was added because of trangression. That means that their was already transgression before He added the law. There couldn't have been transgression if the law had not already been in existence. I won't quote the Scripture because you don't seem to believe or even acknowledge the Scriptures I quote.

If you were consistent with your own theology, then you would not worship on any day, since you have entered into your rest. In fact to be consistent with your theology, you wouldn't do anything for Christ has done it all.

The Holy Spirit, when He dwells within, leads only into Holy and Spiritual works. That is the essence of His nature. He leads us to follow our Holy Redeemer who is our example the scriptures say, so His sheep 'hear His voice and follow Him as there example'. I think I will follow His example and not yours.

God bless you,

Dennis

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Other one,

Christ does not find obedience to His Commandments humerous. In fact He now weeps over a 'lukewarm', disobedient church the way He wept over Jerusalem.

Joel 2:17

Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where [is] their God?

Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded.

4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and [your] joy to heaviness.

4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

God bless,

Dennis

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

SealedEternal,

I'm glad that you don't need to do anything. You see I have also entered into my rest, a rest from the works of the flesh, from sin and disobedience. You see I came to Christ to be saved from my sins and to receive the new heart that works the works of God. You see I have been created unto good works. You see God wrote His laws in my heart when I received the New Covenant. I love God and his laws. I love to do good works for Jesus lives in me.

You see when Jesus came to dwell in my heart through the Holy Spirit, I received the mind of Christ and a love for righteousness and holiness. Jesus, who created and blessed the Holy Sabbath now leads me in obedience to His Holy Day, my Lord's day. I am sorry that you do not love His Holy Sabbath day.

You see Paul says that the law was added because of trangression. That means that their was already transgression before He added the law. There couldn't have been transgression if the law had not already been in existence. I won't quote the Scripture because you don't seem to believe or even acknowledge the Scriptures I quote.

If you were consistent with your own theology, then you would not worship on any day, since you have entered into your rest. In fact to be consistent with your theology, you wouldn't do anything for Christ has done it all.

The Holy Spirit, when He dwells within, leads only into Holy and Spiritual works. That is the essence of His nature. He leads us to follow our Holy Redeemer who is our example the scriptures say, so His sheep 'hear His voice and follow Him as there example'. I think I will follow His example and not yours.

God bless you,

Dennis

You're missing the whole point. The Jewish ceremonial laws were a foreshadowing of the coming Messiah. The feasts and Sabbaths were a model of events that would be fulfilled in Christ. We aren't required to keep the ceremonies anymore because we have Him. I would be happy to do anything for Him that He asked me to do, but He doesn't want us to keep ceremonies anymore because they have already served their purpose.

I love righteousness and holiness also, but not because I can save myself through it. I love it because my Lord whom I love, loves it. I love the fulfillment of the Sabbath also, because I can rest in the assurance that He has saved me. I love the fact that I am not enslaved to keeping the law to be saved, but that I have His grace instead.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT ABIDE BY ALL THINGS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW, TO PERFORM THEM." Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, "THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

It is consistent with my Theology to work for the Lord, but I do it out of choice and not because I have to. My rest is that I am not required to do anything for Him, because He has done it all. I am His sheep, and hear His voice, and do His will, but I do it because I love Him, and not because I'm afraid of losing my salvation.

Guest shiloh357
SealedEternal,

God bless you,

Dennis

Here you go again... The clear implication being, that IF we were saved, we would keep the Sabbath. It is not that the Scriptures you quote are not acknowledged. It is YOUR interpretation of them that we question. You seem to think that disagreeing with you is tantamount to disagreeing with God.

We don't do anything at all... to be saved. Christ did it all as far as salvation is concerned. There are no works we can do get saved or maintain it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Other one,

Christ does not find obedience to His Commandments humerous. In fact He now weeps over a 'lukewarm', disobedient church the way He wept over Jerusalem.

Joel 2:17

Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where [is] their God?

Jam 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded.

4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and [your] joy to heaviness.

4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

God bless,

Dennis

Pilgrim, what I find humorous has nothing to do with commandments, it is the way people talk (write) to each other. Of course by this time you are so caught up in your side of the discussion that you respond as though I was breaking Gods commandments just because I think we are humorous. An example of where the letter of the law life will lead someone. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

We don't do anything at all... to be saved. Christ did it all as far as salvation is concerned. There are no works we can do get saved or maintain it.

Praise the Lord and amen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Now, if this were a true statement there would be no hell. Nothing to do or to choose to do. Christ did it all for all.

Guest shiloh357

Now, if this were a true statement there would be no hell. Nothing to do or to choose to do. Christ did it all for all.

Nonsense.... Jesus bore the weight of God's full judgement against sin. Jesus sacrifice on the cross is sufficient to save every single person. Salvation is based upon that finished work. The Torah says "Do." The Gospel says, "Done." The Torah demands perfection. The Gospel imputes Christ's perfection to all who will believe on His Name. It is Christ fulfilling the righteousness of the Torah in us.

Anyone who is trying to secure or their salvation through works will be very, very disappointed at the Throne.