• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Brother Dan!

Great post! I agree that it is the Love relationship that we have with the Lord which brings forth the good works. Anything outside of this is of the flesh. If one does good works out of guilt from another, this works is for them that made that person guilty, not God. Works are born in our heart and expressed from the heart. Those who do works in order to pile up rewards in Heaven will be shocked to see them all burn. I am sure that some of my works will not pass the test of fire and some will. Still, I will be blessed being with the Lord, and if He wants me to have a reward, I will accept. If not, then my heart was not right in the first place and I will live with this for eternity.

OneLight

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

It is now 65 pages.. :emot-partyblower:

Before this morning I just did not really understand what good works were..

God really opened the eyes of my heart..

And that is it Dan ..good works are born out of the life of Christ in us.... :emot-partyblower:

Do read the thread if you get the time... :thumbsup:

Guest JamiLea
Dear Dan,

I believe that the good works we speak of, are the things born out of the Truth of Jesus. In other words, it's the things that we KNOW are loving, caring, right, honest, TRUTH. It's caring for our children the way that we should. It's providing for those around us, in the manner that Jesus would want us to. It's doing what we know is the right thing to do in our hearts, based upon what the Lord has told us in His Word. It's doing the right thing, even when it is difficult, because we believe and know that God is a Righteous Judge, and is of TRUTH. These things are done because they are the right things to do, and we no longer try to "justify" doing evil, or justify "not doing good", when we know we should. We walk in truth, because we are yielding to the Spirit of God, and not the flesh. Even when it is difficult.

I was actually considering this too, this morning, as I read the following:

Romans 2

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance? 5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God "will give to each person according to what he has done." 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism. 12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15 since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

17 Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and brag about your relationship to God; 18 if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law; 19 if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, 20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth-- 21 you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal? 22 You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23 You who brag about the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law? 24 As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you." 25 Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised. 26 If those who are not circumcised keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised? 27 The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker. 28 A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29 No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a man's praise is not from men, but from God.

It's how we live, every day.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I agree with this. I do good works because I want to have a good relationship with God, not because I think it will get me to Heaven. Also, because I love doing the right thing and it sets a good example for other people. I don't like it especially when things are going good, I stop praying. I have to keep reminding myself to do these things because I want to.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I just read a great thread this morning..I believe you will be blessed from page 1..

I was going to print it out but it was 63 pages long..yikes...

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?show...ost&p=43315

Yikes! That would be a lot of printing! But, FYI, the thread itself is only 12 pages, it just prints out to 63, I guess? :noidea:

In His Love,

Suzanne

Cut and paste, probably? Unfortunately, these pages are not the same size of the paper.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

To Obey Is Better

To obey is better than sacrifice

To obey is better by far

For God isn't looking at what we've done

He's looking at what we are!

He's looking at whether or not we choose

As His children day after day

Knowing His will to do His will

In other words, just obey!

He's looking to see if we're willing

To stand on His precious Word

Regardless of what the world might say

And simply obey the Lord

And we'll find when this life is through

That what pleased the heart of God were the times

We just did what He told us to do!

-Russell Kelfer

Wonderful Post Kittyjo!

I was doing a study with my son today. It was from a book by Bob Schultz, called "Boyhood and Beyond".....Practical Wisdom for Becoming a Man. It's about godly character training for sons. Anyway, the chapter was about raising children. The author asks God, how shall I raise this child, train up this child? And in his heart, the Father God tells him to "BE WHAT YOU HOPE FOR YOUR CHILD TO BECOME"! This is how we should train to "be" parents. It wasn't the answer he was expecting. HE was thinking about molding his child, and God was thinking about molding him! Are we being, what we desire for our children to become? Our children will be what we are, not what we try to teach them. And we have to start now, even before our children are born. Isn't this what the father/Father, always desires for his child. Doesn't God the Father want us to be what He is.

God is love!

How can we love, if we aren't walking in the Truth of what we know, by/thru His Word, His Son? These are the fruits of a believer.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

I heard a great comparison this morning. God would rather us be a fruit tree than a Christmas tree. A Christmas tree looks very nice because of all the decorations. But once you strip off the decorations, all you have is a dead tree. Any life change we attempt that is not based on a change of heart makes us like a Christmas tree. A fruit tree, on the other hand, bears fruit because it is by nature a fruit tree.

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Another great post. EricH. What a good way of symbolizing it!

This is a good thread Dan.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

To Obey Is Better

To obey is better by far

For God isn't looking at what we've done

He's looking at what we are!

He's looking at whether or not we choose

As His children day after day

Knowing His will to do His will

In other words, just obey!

He's looking to see if we're willing

To stand on His precious Word

Regardless of what the world might say

And simply obey the Lord

And we'll find when this life is through

That what pleased the heart of God were the times

We just did what He told us to do!

-Russell Kelfer

Like that. Rings a bell with me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

If a person is claiming to be a Christian, yet the works are non-existent, (he's living as the lost), is he really saved? We should know them by their fruits/works, right? (And I'm not just talking about good deeds. I'm talking about the outward workings of a life lived in obedience to God, in ALL things, of life.) The works MUST align with the belief, unless there is NO REAL BELIEF, then there are no real works. Then you just have bad fruit, that will be burnt up in the fire. You cannot have bad fruit, no works, and be a true believer. It's not compatible with the instruction of The Word.

In His Love,

Suzane

damo1

to tsth

know i see wear you are going with this well by what has been said so far is true i can share of sevral things as i have seen this in sevral non belivers wear they show signs of the fruit of the spirit but do not go to church i know of one guy who has a heart of gold when it comes to being of service with in this in community he is always willing to help when no one else seems to want to like picking up free bread from the bakerys with in town and then making sure that families he knows who are in need get this bread that is stil fresh sometimes left over cakes are thrown in and this is also given out my friend does this out of the good of his heart as so much is thrown to the tip at the end of the day and my friend abby has been doing this ever since he lost his mother and has been in recovery

abby also takes people out in his spare time or wil drive the community foot patrols bus on a friday or saturday night he has even gone out of his way to help people move and in return he gets put down by the very people he has helped yet this has not stopped abby doing a good deed for some one abby is in recovery and he runs sevral diffrent groups and also house sits for people that advertise for a house sitter he will even take some one who is having a hard time into his home abby has been to my church sevral times but he wil not commit to a church as he feels that he can be of better use with in our community he knows who god is he has read the bible that was given to him but he applies the principals from the aa big book and na big book into his life as he feels most christians do not care and should be doing more with in their own comunitys instead of fighting with one another

i have also shared in sevral meetings and helped out i got to see the other side to this farming comunity i live in

i have also seen a dead christian and that saddens me its like the lights are on but no one is home and have been in sevral churches wear you almost get this vibe like you are not wanted with out them saying anything as i looked at the gifts of the spirit and the works of the spirit i began to dig deep as i would always ask why am i not seeing what is based in gods word right in front of me why am i only reading what the disciples experianced why am i only hearing of the miracles that took place only in gods word it got to the point wear i became very judgmental and very pig headed towards those that i knew as some blew it big time with the amount of difrent people that came in of the street to look for them selves if church was for them

i had to ask jesus to forgive me and repent for the way i was behaving and no longer do what i use to do

what i do know is thank god for what i see in those around me even though we are human and at times the flesh trys so hard to rob us of what christ wants to do in our lives i am thank ful that i can go in my room fall on my knees and ask jesus threw the help of the holy spirit to help me in the areas i am weak and strengthen those areas so i can be more effective for him

he takes me with all my flaws and i do not have to do a thing to prove anything as long as i stay on the path he has me on and as long as i am honest and alow him to have his way in me why would i worry my self what others are thinking weather they see the fruit of the spirit or the works of the spirit with in me i know what he began in 1988 when i gave my heart to him just out of jail he is still working on me he is not finished with me and every time the holy spirit brings some thing to the surface for me to deal with i surrender this and repent of this and move on in my life

i have learnt to be comfterbal with who damien is and i do not need to compare my self to some one else i am happy and that is all that matters

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic