• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

thanks guys, i felt so down last night, then i started saying bible verses and binding Satan and depression and evil spirits and then i said some of God's promises and that God hath given me a sound mind and a spirit of power and love and i felt better. then i asked God for me to fall asleep and i did. I woke up this morning and i feel a little better.

Way to go, DoK! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! :emot-talk:

Sounds like you found a great way to help with depression! I pray that God will continue to comfort you as you lean on Him and stay in His Word! :emot-wave:

Let us know if we can help you find Bible verses pertaining to specific things, ok? The Bible talks about pretty much everything and offers so much comfort! Right there at your fingertips!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

thanks guys, i felt so down last night, then i started saying bible verses and binding Satan and depression and evil spirits and then i said some of God's promises and that God hath given me a sound mind and a spirit of power and love and i felt better. then i asked God for me to fall asleep and i did. I woke up this morning and i feel a little better.

Are you familiar with:

Isaiah 40: 11 & 31

Mark 9:24

Psalm 27:1 (might be 26:1 in your Bible) "The Lord is my light and my salvation..."

John 10: 7-18

Philippians 4: 6-9

And one of my all-time favorites because it speaks to Jesus' awesome sacrificial love for us........

Philippians 2: 5-11

Glad you are feeling a bit better. Stick close to Jesus, Daughter. His power is real.

God bless you,

Fiosh

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/28/1977

How wonderful that you are doing something to help work it out.

God has gotten me through my toughest times. Sometimes I have to turn things over to Him every few minutes for awhile. Still, I ask Him to take my problems and control them, then I put them out of my mind. When I find myself worried again, I turn them back over to Him and focus on something else.

I find that repeating positive Bible verses to myself as I go to sleep helps me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I am still "down" and I dont understand why, I dont undestand why God wont just save me from this?????

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

DoK have you seen a doctor? Im beginning to wonder if you have something going on that is giving you all of these thoughts. You should, and see a pastor too. You need more spiritual counseling than you can get on a website.

Guest NewPilgrim

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

If you read and observe the Ministry of Christ, and the ministry of the Apostles, it may help you understand the situation. Only once did Yeshua (Jesus) ask God to stop his suffering, that was his prayer in the garden of Gethsemane. Even then He said "Yet not my will but YOURS" meaning "Only if it is to serve your purpose" After Yeshua said his prayer he got up, knowing that nothing had changed, that he would still have to die and he had the courage to face it. In fact he was so refreshed by his trust in God that he was able to calmly heal a soldier that had his ear cut off trying to arrest Yeshua himself!

The Apostles, it would seem rarely, or never asked God to "fix" them or their situation. Paul is a great example. Despite spending most of his ministry in prison, he always rejoiced in the grace of God and theres no indication (as far as I know) that he prayed to God to get him out.

The lesson to learn is that rather than asking God to make us better or to fix our life up, the right attitude is to ask God what he wants us to do for him each day and to serve him despite our circumstances. If your eyes are on him and his glory rather than your ill health or bad situation (tho I know this can be very difficult) you'll please him greatly. God rewards the faithful, which includes you! :emot-highfive: I also find it a great blessing that the more concerned I am with serving God, the less worried I am about myself. We all fret, the fact that you feel this way doesn't make you a bad person and I'm sure each of us feels your sadness, I just know that the more I focus on God, the less I focus on myself, the easier it is to cope :wub:

Edited by NewPilgrim

DoK, I recently went thru a very long period of depression and finally ended up hitting bottom and just sat at the kitchen table and couldn't stop crying for quite a while. My wife called my Pastor and as well as praying for me, he suggested I see a counsellor or my doctor. I ended up seeing a Psychiatrist and a Doctor. Turns out I was suffering from clinical depression. An actual psychological condition due to a chemical imbalance. I was prescribed an anti-depressant and and within a couple of weeks I felt a lot better. My advice is that if you're feeling that down, and talking to a friend doesn't help, talk to your Pastor if he can't help you he can probably put you in touch with a counsellor you can talk to.

Chin up :emot-highfive:

Jetro