IGNORED

The Smilies

Work in Progress

Guest Fabrice

Hello everyone :brightidea:

I was asking myself, the first time I wrote a message, what do all these smilies mean ?

Maybe they have subjective significance ...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Fabrice the smilies are just to add emotion to your posts

and fun :brightidea: I love that one

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello livingwater29  :D welcome aboard

When we only use righting to give a message it sometimes happens that others can read our letters and take offence when no offence was intended. ??? Using the faces allows you to let someone know what the intent behind the message. Some people use little jokes in their messages but these jokes can sometimes come across badly and an argument starts :angry: and both people end up confused as to why their initially friendly conversation turned into a riot. :???:  

These situations can be avoided by using this face: :brightidea: at the end of your joke to make it clear to others that your statement was a joke. Thus avoiding unnecessary conflict. Hope you enjoy your time with us livingwater29  :inlove:  and have a nice day  :thumb:

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

and an argument starts  and both people end up confused as to why their initially friendly conversation turned into a riot.  

Isn't there some food-fight riot going on somewhere up above? Is THAT what started that? LOL  :D

Would someone tell me what the smiley with the blue light on his head is all about? It reminds me of Kmart's "blue light" specials and I have no idea when to use it.  :brightidea:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  553
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Fabrice: If you don't understand what the expression on the smilie is all about, you can always click on it, and the words will appear in your post that tell you what the smilie was meant to convey:  laughter, love, wink, that sort of thing.  You can always delete it if it doesn't match your meaning.

I use smilies a lot because I tease a lot and don't want anyone to get hurt feelings over a well-intended joke.

And about that food fight issue: for the record, TIMOTHY started it. :brightidea:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

That one is a  :lightbulb:  major idea. A little smaller that a :brightidea:  bright idea. OR, maybe it's an  :lightbulb:  to GO to k-Mart!

:D