hebrews_beauty

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I was reading on another thread where the 2012 year was being talked about (the last year on the Mayan calendar). My question is, does anyone here actually believe the "end of the world" is going to be in 2012? Or that "the end is near?" If so, why do you feel that? If I'm not mistaken, there have been countless times when people, Christian or not, have thought the world was going to end in the near future...and hey, we are still here. I guess I think it's just kind of pointless to guess about it or even worry about this sort of thing.

Thoughts?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Beauty,

Your last sentence said it all.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

The end has come for many. :24:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

This is based on the Mayan Calendar. Is the Mayan culture Christian? No it isnt. Then why accept that as evidence?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

There are many signs that point to this being end times, but I don't think it is, stay strong in your faith, and it won't matter when he comes back, because you will be prepared.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

God left the time open to his choice. My best guess why is because that are actions have a play on when He calls this age over. Thats my opinion and not a theory.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

There are many signs that point to this being end times, but I don't think it is, stay strong in your faith, and it won't matter when he comes back, because you will be prepared.

because you wil be prepared, that is if you die. What if the cause is a war? Are you prepared to help your neighbours if you are the one who doesn't die.

Do you have extra food, water and surival equipment? :24:

Snow4JC

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Id say a date like the one on the mayan calendar is proof that the world CANT end then, its a safe day. God said that the end time was known only by him, no one else. So no one can predict its hour, day, or year.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I was reading on another thread where the 2012 year was being talked about (the last year on the Mayan calendar). My question is, does anyone here actually believe the "end of the world" is going to be in 2012? Or that "the end is near?" If so, why do you feel that? If I'm not mistaken, there have been countless times when people, Christian or not, have thought the world was going to end in the near future...and hey, we are still here. I guess I think it's just kind of pointless to guess about it or even worry about this sort of thing.

Thoughts?

Actually I do believe that we are in end times, but it has nothing to do with the Mayan calender. When the Israelis took Jerusalem it started a one generational calendar for the end of this age to happen. Trick is to decide what a generation is.....

I have seen convincing talks about 14,000 days..... 53 years and 70 years...... I am not sure of which the Lord had in mind when gave us the parable of the sprouting leaves on the olive trees.

If we are not in the end times, this world and all it's inhabitants are in very serious trouble......

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Actually I do believe that we are in end times, but it has nothing to do with the Mayan calender. When the Israelis took Jerusalem it started a one generational calendar for the end of this age to happen. Trick is to decide what a generation is.....

I have seen convincing talks about 14,000 days..... 53 years and 70 years...... I am not sure of which the Lord had in mind when gave us the parable of the sprouting leaves on the olive trees.

If we are not in the end times, this world and all it's inhabitants are in very serious trouble......

I frequently check out Prophecy Central, which has lots of links to various news sites, such as Worthy's. It reports stories in the news it believes have some relevance to prophecy being fulfilled. At the end of the year they have what is called a Year in Review which you can find in large bold letters at the top of the website. It has some interesting thoughts on what you just said here. It is worth checking out:

http://www.bible-prophecy.com/

If you are talking about Israel's becoming a nation again in 1948, then the baby boomers are the generation that would not pass away until all these things have taken place. If you added 53 years to 1948, that is already gone and I don't have a calculator in front of me to figure out the number of days you mentioned. I think 70 years is probably a safe bet, though that does not mean exactly 70 years from 1948. I find it interesting that I was born in 1949. I believe I will see these things fulfilled in my lifetime. I believe it is very soon!

People get ready, Jesus is coming, soon we'll be going home. People get ready, Jesus is coming to take from this world his own...