DaughterofKing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

He's 19 and I am 25. Right now we are just friends but there is the unspoken but acknowledged possibility of more. He is very smart and that is where we click the most. We also have similar boring personality types so we get along there as well...Would it be wrong ( or just plan weird or gross) to date ( and then possibly one day marry) this person? :blink::24:

(I feel silly noting this but he will in fact be 20 very soon)... :wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/04/1952

I don't think there should be a problem, if he doesn't. My son dated a lady a couple years older then him. Age was never a problem in their relationship. They broke up because she was not a Chrisitan and he realized that was not God wanted for his life.

betty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

DOK,

Is this why you are feeling old in your other post?

You need to lean not upon your own understanding.

Pr

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Age differences matter less as you get older.

The issues you need to worry about are:

Maturity

Faith - can you submit to him as your spiritual authority - and will his spiritual authority lead you to Christ?

Financial stability - is he able to provide for you? or at least head the home in this?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/15/1958

He's 19 and I am 25. Right now we are just friends but there is the unspoken but acknowledged possibility of more. He is very smart and that is where we click the most. We also have similar boring personality types so we get along there as well...Would it be wrong ( or just plan weird or gross) to date ( and then possibly one day marry) this person? :blink::24:

(I feel silly noting this but he will in fact be 20 very soon)... :wub:

A friend of mine married a guy much younger than herself. She's almost 36, he just turned 22. It works great for them.

Age really shouldn't be an issue. Give it a chance.

Guest Gladiator4God

I am 36 and my wife is 28.....i guess now we been married 5 years we dont really think about the difference in age......there is a gap in age with the people who raised me my gramps is 87 and she is 76 soooo i guess i just grew up with it.......pray about it , if God gives it the ok then have fun

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

The pairing of a lad so young, and so much younger than the lassie involved IS a little unusual, but I think not a bad thing necessarily. Statistically you're going to outlive him by about 6 years anyway!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,245
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

He's 19 and I am 25. Right now we are just friends but there is the unspoken but acknowledged possibility of more. He is very smart and that is where we click the most. We also have similar boring personality types so we get along there as well...Would it be wrong ( or just plan weird or gross) to date ( and then possibly one day marry) this person? :huh::P

(I feel silly noting this but he will in fact be 20 very soon)... :huh:

that would depend on the two people. My wife and I started dating when she was just 18, I was 22.... we both wanted a relationship but did not want sex to be involved in that relationship until we were married. She was 19 and I wa 23 when we were married..... that was nearly 36 years ago. We did not have sex until we were married and it worked out great for us. But I would caution that it might not be good for everyone....... It totally depends on the two people and their maturity levels.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

He's 19 and I am 25. Right now we are just friends but there is the unspoken but acknowledged possibility of more. He is very smart and that is where we click the most. We also have similar boring personality types so we get along there as well...Would it be wrong ( or just plan weird or gross) to date ( and then possibly one day marry) this person? :huh::P

(I feel silly noting this but he will in fact be 20 very soon)... :huh:

My daugther will turn 29 in April and she will marry a young man who is 20 and won't be 21 until May, so there are eight years difference in their ages. We had a problem with it at first, but he's growing on us. They do seem to be fitted for each other. He matches her intellectually like no other guy has and he has our family's sense of humor - corny. They both love to debate for sport, and he is later to everything than she is. He has not had the close walk with the Lord that she has, and that has been a concern of ours, as well, but he is making progress, from what I can tell. At this point, that would be our only concern is if he was not walking with the Lord, but they are both involved in ministry and are active in their church and I do see a desire in him to want to obey God. Age is no biggie unless you are talking a much larger age difference.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

No. Men mature slower if at all. Age does indeed matter.

Physical age is not necessarily a sign of maturity. When I was young and was dating, I thought I wanted a man older than me to protect me and take care of me, etc., but I found that many of the men older than me were actually less mature than some of the ones younger than me. Yes, it is true that men generally mature slower than women, but women live longer, so if they marry younger men, they should not have to live as widows for a long time.

I think we can not make generalizations. I think we have to judge each situation on its own merit. I admit I had issues with Jenny dating someone so young, but I am slowly seeing that it is not as bad of a match as I had thought. Yes, he has some immaturity issues, but I know some young men her age and older that have worse issues and some of them are even less mature.