• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Every Bible I've looked at says clearly "thou shalt not KILL". It doesn't say "thou shalt not murder" or "thou shalt not kill, except of course if you are a government employee or you have been taught that you are killing the 'enemy'".

It is about time we stopped re-interpreting scripture to mean what we want it to mean.

Sure God killed all of humanity except Noah and his family and God indirectly killed and destroyed armies, through other armies. But we have to note that "God" killed, or killed using people as the instrument. It seems that just about every war has been justified by man to himself, with man telling himself "God is on my side, he wants me to do this". But of course, the opposition is doing that too.

To "be on the safe side" we should not go around assuming that God sanctions things unless we have a clear word that he does.

One day we are all going to face judgement and "but I think the Bible says....." may not be good enough.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Deuteronomy 20:1

[ Going to War ] When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you.

Psalm 27:3

Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.

Psalm 144:1

[ Of David. ] Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Revelation 17:14

They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings