Guest cjjc

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Is it possible that anti- christ may be existing right now , that he may be preparing to make his grand entrance as the world's stages get set. I would like to hear others opinion on this

Protestant leaders of the past taught about antichrist. ---According to them it would be the last pope.

The following quotes show just how far the churches of today have strayed from the wisdom of their founding fathers.

Martin Luther

(1483-1546) (Lutheran)

"We here are of the conviction that the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist...personally I declare that I owe the Pope no other obedience than that to Antichrist." (Aug. 18, 1520) Taken from "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 2, pg. 121 by Froom.

John Calvin

(1509-1564) (Presbyterian)

"Some persons think us too severe and censorious when we call the Roman pontiff Antichrist. But those who are of this opinion do not consider that they bring the same charge of presumption against Paul himself, after whom we speak and whose language we adopt...I shall briefly show that (Paul's words in II Thess. 2) are not capable of any other interpretation than that which applies them to the Papacy." Taken from "Institutes" by John Calvin.

Cotton Mather

(1663-1728) (Congregational Theologian)

"The oracles of God foretold the rising of an Antichrist in the Christian Church; and in the Pope of Rome, all the characteristics of that Antichrist are so marvelously answered that if any who read the Scriptures do not see it, there is a marvelous blindness upon them." Taken from "The Fall of Babylon" by Cotton Mather in Froom's book "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 3, pg. 113.

John Knox

(1505-1572) (Scotch Presbyterian)

Knox wrote to abolish "that tyranny which the pope himself has for so many ages exercised over the church" and that the pope should be recognized as "the very antichrist, and son of perdition, of whom Paul speaks." Taken from "The Zurich Letters" pg. 199 by John Knox.

Thomas Cranmer

(1489-1556) (Anglican)

"Whereof it followeth Rome to be the seat of antichrist, and the pope to be very antichrist himself. I could prove the same by many other scriptures, old writers, and strong reasons." (Referring to prophecies in Revelation and Daniel.) Taken from "Works" by Cranmer, Vol. 1, pp. 6-7.

John Wesley

(1703-1791) (Methodist)

Speaking of the Papacy he said, "He is in an emphatical sense, the Man of Sin, as he increases all manner of sin above measure. And he is, too, properly styled the Son of Perdition, as he has caused the death of numberless multitudes, both of his opposers and followers...He it is...that exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped...claiming the highest power, and highest honor...claiming the prerogatives which belong to God alone." Taken from "Antichrist and His Ten Kingdoms" by John Wesley, pg. 110.

Roger William

(1603-1683) (First Baptist Pastor in America)

He spoke of the Pope as "the pretended Vicar of Christ on earth, who sits as God over the Temple of God, exalting himself not only above all that is called God, but over the souls and consciences of all his vessals, yea over the Spirit of Christ, over the Holy Spirit, yea, and God himself...speaking against the God of heaven, thinking to changed times and laws: but he is the son of perdition (II Thess. 2)." Taken from "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers" by Froom, Vol. 3, pg. 52.

Quoted from GREAT PROPHECIES OF THE BIBLE by Woodrow.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The Anti-Christ to come will be a Muslim and his religion is Islam. Then he will renounce Islam and declare himself as God.

The Anti-Christ to come will be a Muslim and his religion is Islam. Then he will renounce Islam and declare himself as God.

According to Daniel chapter 2 and Daniel chapter 9, antichrist must be a Roman leader. Rome is not an islamic state.

The kingdom that antichrist will rule over is Rome, the 4th beast iin Daniel chapter 2.

Daniel 2:40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all [things]: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

Daniel 2:41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

Daniel 2:42 And [as] the toes of the feet [were] part of iron, and part of clay, [so] the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

Daniel 2:43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

Daniel 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, [but] it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

According to Daniel chpter 9, antichrist will be a Roman.

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Daniel 9:25 Know therefore and understand, [that] from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince [shall be] seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Dan. 9:26 "and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city"

The prince that shall come is the antichrist, in that verse, and the people that destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD, were the Romans. So antichrist is going to be a Roman leader. Rome's religion is not islam.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

According to Daniel chapter 2 and Daniel chapter 9, antichrist must be a Roman leader. Rome is not an islamic state.

<snip>

The prince that shall come is the antichrist, in that verse, and the people that destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD, were the Romans. So antichrist is going to be a Roman leader. Rome's religion is not islam.

Shalom AntiAging --

A small, but important correction:

Not "according to Daniel chapter 2 and Daniel chapter 9," but

"according to your interpretation of Daniel chapter 2 and Daniel chapter 9."

The Church does not all agree that the "he" in verse 9:27 is the same person as the "prince" in 9:26.

Personally, I happen to lean that way, but I recognize that it is just my interpretation and I respect those that do not share the same. :emot-highfive:

shlomo

we will all see him whoever it is. I belive in all stems from the same spirit, one principality . patricia1 I mean the a/c

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  45

<snip>

Shalom AntiAging --

The Church does not all agree that the "he" in verse 9:27 is the same person as the "prince" in 9:26.

Personally, I happen to lean that way, but I recognize that it is just my interpretation and I respect those that do not share the same. :thumbsup:

shlomo

Indeed, how true. That Dan 9:26 speaks of the Romans is but one of the many interpretations available.

You might like to see this article:

http://al-mahdi.atspace.com/peopleofprince.html

which discusses five different interpretations of this verse.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I think people have got a wrong idea about the anti-christ. They expect a political dictator, somebody like Hitler or Stalin that will assume power in the world and violently persecute Christianity. That is, somebody that will persecute the Christian church from without. But I believe the Bible teaches that anti-christ is to be regarded rather as somebody who will persecute the Christian church from within! In 2 Thes 2:3, the anti-christ is called "son or perdition", and it is said that he (verse 4) "takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God". This clearly excludes, in my opinion, any sort of political figure playing this role. Apart from referring to the anti-christ, the expression "son of perdition" is also used in the Bible to refer to Judas Iscariot, who sat at the same table with Jesus and finally betrayed Him. That is why, in my opinion, when we talk about the anti-christ, we have got to look for a religious figure, somebody that sits at the very table with Jesus, and that will be used by Satan to lead the final blow against the Christian faith, in an attempt to bring the whole world in subjection to the prince of darkness.

Actually, the anti-christ has already come, and this has happened centuries ago, only the world doesn't notice it! I believe the anti-christ to be the Pope of Rome, which took the place of the Roman emperor, as the agent of persecution against the Christian Church. Only the direction of this persecution has changed: instead of being persecuted from without, the church has been persecuted from within, by means of people that pretended to represent Christ, but worked the will of Satan.

I think that we need to understand clearly the nature and the truth about anti-christ, the way the Bible speaks about it, in order to be prepared to stand firm in the final confrontation, that will close the history of this earth very soon. Although the Bible prophecies clearly forewarn us about the rise of the Papacy, those clear warnings are much neglected today. Prophecies are mis-interpreted such that people will not understand the underlying message, and this out of political reasons. The same sort of political reasons that lead to the condemnation of Jesus will lead the world to unite with the papacy and put to death the saints of the Most High, hoping to achieve lasting peace and security on the earth. But this will only bring the wrath of God upon the whole world, just as it brought it on the nation of ancient Israel. The Apocaliptic events will then be unleashed, culminating to the utter destruction of the entire world, and the salvation of the faithful. And I personnally think we might only be a few years away from these events!

It seems to me to be a stretch to conclude that just because the anti-christ takes his seat in the temple of God and displays himself as God, that he can't be a political figure.

Good point Billie. The antichrist doesn't want anybody to be connected to anything except what he creats to worship him. He will sit in the temple of God showing himself to be God because when he comes he will claim to be the son of God and claim that Jesus was a fake and he will persecute anything or any one connected with Jesus because we will refuse to believe in him/antichrist.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

<snip>

Shalom AntiAging --

Personally, I happen to lean that way, but I recognize that it is just my interpretation and I respect those that do not share the same. :)

shlomo

we will all see him whoever it is. I belive in all stems from the same spirit, one principality . patricia1 I mean the a/c

I think it's very possible the antichrist may be Islamic, but I don't believe who the antichrist is is important, cause I'm going to be chillin with Jesus around then.

According to Daniel, Greece took over med-Persia, which is now in Iran and Iraq, and Rome took over Greece, The Antichrist is supposed to come out of the revived roman empire,

So the probability of the antichrist being islamic is quite possible, considering med-Persia, might be considered in the revived roman empire.

One thing I find interesting is the Animals of Danial 7, are all part of the revived roman empire mentioned in Revelation 13.

My personal belief is that the Harlot sitting on top of the beast is Islam, or all the world religions When the Antichrist proclaims himself as the Messiah, then the world will worship him rather than their world religions.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You don't want to know what I think. :emot-hug:

• 3 weeks later...

I think people have got a wrong idea about the anti-christ. They expect a political dictator, somebody like Hitler or Stalin that will assume power in the world and violently persecute Christianity. That is, somebody that will persecute the Christian church from without. But I believe the Bible teaches that anti-christ is to be regarded rather as somebody who will persecute the Christian church from within! In 2 Thes 2:3, the anti-christ is called "son or perdition", and it is said that he (verse 4) "takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God". This clearly excludes, in my opinion, any sort of political figure playing this role. Apart from referring to the anti-christ, the expression "son of perdition" is also used in the Bible to refer to Judas Iscariot, who sat at the same table with Jesus and finally betrayed Him. That is why, in my opinion, when we talk about the anti-christ, we have got to look for a religious figure, somebody that sits at the very table with Jesus, and that will be used by Satan to lead the final blow against the Christian faith, in an attempt to bring the whole world in subjection to the prince of darkness.

Actually, the anti-christ has already come, and this has happened centuries ago, only the world doesn't notice it! I believe the anti-christ to be the Pope of Rome, which took the place of the Roman emperor, as the agent of persecution against the Christian Church. Only the direction of this persecution has changed: instead of being persecuted from without, the church has been persecuted from within, by means of people that pretended to represent Christ, but worked the will of Satan.

I think that we need to understand clearly the nature and the truth about anti-christ, the way the Bible speaks about it, in order to be prepared to stand firm in the final confrontation, that will close the history of this earth very soon. Although the Bible prophecies clearly forewarn us about the rise of the Papacy, those clear warnings are much neglected today. Prophecies are mis-interpreted such that people will not understand the underlying message, and this out of political reasons. The same sort of political reasons that lead to the condemnation of Jesus will lead the world to unite with the papacy and put to death the saints of the Most High, hoping to achieve lasting peace and security on the earth. But this will only bring the wrath of God upon the whole world, just as it brought it on the nation of ancient Israel. The Apocaliptic events will then be unleashed, culminating to the utter destruction of the entire world, and the salvation of the faithful. And I personnally think we might only be a few years away from these events!

It seems to me to be a stretch to conclude that just because the anti-christ takes his seat in the temple of God and displays himself as God, that he can't be a political figure.

Good point Billie. The antichrist doesn't want anybody to be connected to anything except what he creats to worship him. He will sit in the temple of God showing himself to be God because when he comes he will claim to be the son of God and claim that Jesus was a fake and he will persecute anything or any one connected with Jesus because we will refuse to believe in him/antichrist.

The antichrist is supposed to conquer Jerusalem 3 and a half years into the tribulation period, then set up his throne in Jerusalem and cause the sacrifice and oblation to cease and sit in the temple of God falsely displaying himself as being God.

That leads many to think that a new temple must be built in Jerusalem and a daily sacrifice or oblation must be started before antichrist can do these things. Since there is no new Jewish temple yet, the antichrist can not be revealed soon. Bible scholars are expecting the new temple to be built where the old one was, but now there is a mosque there.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:emot-highfive: from damo1

Jesus tells me not to worry so why should i worry

as i know one thing god wil deal with him if i were to keep thinking when is he going to attack i would be a nerves wreck

so i do what jesus tells me to do and that is not to worry

from damo1