• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

Life IS in knowing God...outside Him is death--eternally. Arialia, do not presume to counsel a Christian about such things.

Thank you floatingaxe, I was a bit disturbed by that statement myself. Life is God there is nothing more than God!!! HELLO?!

FC you need to first change your handle, you are not a failed Christian you are a growing Christian just like the rest of us. Nobody is better than the next and NOBODY yet breathing has arrived!!! You DO NOT need to be a member of a "CHURCH" you are already a member of "THE CHURCH" what you need to do is get with God and ask for HIS wisdom of how to handle your particular sistuation and knowledge of how to use this widom!! trust me right now God has me on a "SHELF" myself but I know I am being cleansed and HE is growing me up. We all need one another and I love these discussions in this website we can learn and excersise our faith by praying for one another and truly loving one another as commanded by our Saviour!! God has a plan for you my dear friend and He has not given up on you so DO NOT give up on HIM. Let Him do the work He needs to do and trust me you will come through this as long as you keep a hold of HIS hand and not rerly on anyone or anything, Amen!!??

I am praying for you FC and I know in my heart that as long as you totally hand this situation over you will see God work on your behalf!!! Lot's of love going to you this day!!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

FC,

It sounds like the joy in your heart is being quenched. Despite whatever problems we face daily, despite obstacles, despite people, despite criticisms, we still should have within us that joy that the Lord gives. I am sorry for your pain. I am sorry that others treated you unfairly, but I dont think that is the entire problem here. You carry (or seem to) a lot of pain in your words.

Brother, it is my sincere hope that you recover from your wounds. There are those in your life that need you and the life that the Lord has prepared for us is indeed worth living. Please, brother, place your trust and faith in Christ, and not in man.

As far as church - the Lord knows your intentions. If you're there reluctantly, he knows. He sees the heart. Yet, if you're there to learn, to fellowship with others about the love you have for Him, well, He knows tht too. See what He said here:

Mal 3:

16 Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another,

And the Lord listened and heard them;

So a book of remembrance was written before Him

For those who fear the Lord

And who meditate on His name.

17 "They shall be Mine," says the Lord of hosts,

"On the day that I make them My jewels.*

And I will spare them

As a man spares his own son who serves him."

18 Then you shall again discern

Between the righteous and the wicked,

Between one who serves God

And one who does not serve Him.

God hears those who gather in His name. ;) Whether it's in a home, an office building, a park, a church. It's a heart condition, after all. :24:

You are in my prayers, brother. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

Jesus is the head of the church!

He might be the head of the Church, but did he go to church?

I know that this is becoming a big question lately and I need to say that I agree on some of your points about what Jesus did and what the disciples did. They journied they did not meet every Sunday or any other certain day. People just gathered and sought for truth. We HAVE legalized so much when it comes to THE CHURCH. WE ARE THE CHURCH. We are to come together not just Sunday or any other certain day of the week. Right now I meet with fellow Christians on Tuesday. I WORK on Sunday. Oh now I'm sure that will eat at someone out there. Sorry but that is all I can do. I love THE CHURCH but I do not like what we've become. It is not about how many comes to church it is though about how many we win to THE CHURCH believe me there is a difference. So what have you all got to say to this? I really wonder?

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

An open question. I would like to hear your view :P s.

Did Jesus die for everyone?

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. (Matt. 20:28)

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. (Acts 10:43)

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. (Hebrews 9:28)

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2:2)

Jesus died for everyone, but only those who call on His Name will appropriate His mercy and grace.

Church is for believers; all believers.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

that's the most absurd thing I ever read here, and that's saying something! Of course He did NOT, He hadn't established the Church until He ascended on high and sent the Holy Spirit--Acts 2. Dang...this is Theology 101 here, for Pete's sake!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

that's the most absurd thing I ever read here, and that's saying something! Of course He did NOT, He hadn't established the Church until He ascended on high and sent the Holy Spirit--Acts 2. Dang...this is Theology 101 here, for Pete's sake!

Right on! :P

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

FC...

Don't let bitterness from your discipline keep you from assembling with other believers. Seek them out, asking God to direct you. He will do that, as He is interested in your healing. Be faithful as is required. If you were disciplined because of unfaithful attendance in ministry, that is their prerogative to do so. In my church, if one is in ministry such as worship, attendance is very high on the list of importance. One could be set aside in their ministry for such a thing as spotty attendance...it reveals a heart issue. Being faithful is good! Learn and move on.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

That is not what Peter said. "Simon Peter answered, 'You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.' Jesus replied, 'Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of death will not overcome it.'" Matthew 16:16-19 Thus the Messiah's church was established on it's foundation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

It is not my belief in God that is a problem.

God Bless you brother. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So often people confuse their relationship with God and other people. YOU, on the other hand, have a clear eye and I applaud you. :thumbsup:

Regarding fellowshipping with people, it helped me when I came to see and accept the fact that people (including myself) are very limited. I often expect too much out of people who are incapable of living up to those expectations. I haven't finished reading your thread but do you think that may be some of the problem you have with your relationships? You expect too much?

I get frustrated too. We have to leave church early many Sundays in order to avoid "work". Many of my wife's patients go to our church and they want medical consults immediately after the service is over. It use to make us angry but then I was reminded...they are just people in need and don't always consider what they are doing. There's no use in getting angry or rude towards them; simply we just do our best to avoid the situation.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

It is not my belief in God that is a problem.

God Bless you brother. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So often people confuse their relationship with God and other people. YOU, on the other hand, have a clear eye and I applaud you. :thumbsup:

Regarding fellowshipping with people, it helped me when I came to see and accept the fact that people (including myself) are very limited. I often expect too much out of people who are incapable of living up to those expectations. I haven't finished reading your thread but do you think that may be some of the problem you have with your relationships? You expect too much?

I get frustrated too. We have to leave church early many Sundays in order to avoid "work". Many of my wife's patients go to our church and they want medical consults immediately after the service is over. It use to make us angry but then I was reminded...they are just people in need and don't always consider what they are doing. There's no use in getting angry or rude towards them; simply we just do our best to avoid the situation.

You took the words out of my mouth. :thumbsup: