Star

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

My hubby & I are in sync in almost all areas except worship. We agree in doctrine and Word, but we express it differently. I get all excited and want to talk about Jesus, but he is quiet. He is quiet in everything  though, not just his faith. I guess that's one reason I sought out this board - so that I could more openly fellowship with other believers. Don't misunderstand, he is a good man and a strong believer, just not very vocal. Is anyone else experiencing this?

:crazy:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Traveler,

Oh my goodness he sounds like my husband!!!!

This is scary, Yes I agree with you for 100% my husband and I have the same doctrine and he is a Christian, but I am (I think) far more exited about it and like to talk it alot more.

If I  only could get my husband in the same frame of mind a little more exited ,I think that he thinks that when we have a conversation about the Lord, that I want to preach to him or something, we do agree on alot of things but this is one area in our life we can't share. maybe some doctrinal question but never personal, I know how you feel Traveler, I miss that very much and wish it was different.

(He doesn't really like my favorite Christian music either)

Angels

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

You know I was going to post something like this today in the problems looking for advice board today....neat how God works isn't it?

My hubby is very very quiet on religion....I sought salvation and I don't think that he has...although I can't say for sure because he may have said the prayer elsewhere...I know he wasn't baptized...well he was as an infant...anyway that is my prob too...although he supports me in my voluntering at the church and goes with me every saturday to worship he stands more in the background...I do make sure that when something good happens to us I say it is a blessing from God and when things are not going good I say God will pull us through....he never openly denies what I say.

My hubby is also a wonderful man...a great provider and hard worker etc..etc...I feel the Lord will lead him soon to where he needs to be....I lately haven't been able to help myself I find I am talking more and more about Jesus to him...Praise God he loves me and listens to me without criticizing...

So I think we are kinda in the same boat here trav...although on the salvation part I am not sure where mine stands...I keep praying for him so I know God will answer my prayers.

Love and Blessings

Angel H.

Hi Traveler,

Oh my goodness he sounds like my husband!!!!

This is scary, Yes I agree with you for 100% my husband and I have the same doctrine and he is a Christian, but I am (I think) far more exited about it and like to talk it alot more.

If I

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

lol Traveler, that sounds like my man, only sit in the back, never too close to the front! The preacher might eat you!

But the strangest thing is he loves to talk to other poeple about the Lord (if they ask him questions! )He knows his way in the bible very good and I have to admit he know how to explain bible scripture better then I do, that makes me wonder sometimes, why not talk about with your own wife??

I know we (women)

Talk about the end times or rapture? no way. Talk? LOL He simply says he'll go when the Lord comes for him. He doesn't elaborate on anything!

:noidea:

You know I was going to post something like this today in the problems looking for advice board today....neat how God works isn't it?

My hubby is very very quiet on religion....I sought salvation and I don't think that he has...although I can't say for sure because he may have said the prayer elsewhere...I know he wasn't baptized...well he was as an infant...anyway that is my prob too...although he supports me in my voluntering at the church and goes with me every saturday to worship he stands more in the background...I do make sure that when something good happens to us I say it is a blessing from God and when things are not going good I say God will pull us through....he never openly denies what I say.

My hubby is also a wonderful man...a great provider and hard worker etc..etc...I feel the Lord will lead him soon to where he needs to be....I lately haven't been able to help myself I find I am talking more and more about Jesus to him...Praise God he loves me and listens to me without criticizing...

So I think we are kinda in the same boat here trav...although on the salvation part I am not sure where mine stands...I keep praying for him so I know God will answer my prayers.

Love and Blessings

Angel H.

Angel H - have you ever flat out asked you husband if he's saved?

I went through someting once and put off telling my husband about it 'cause I didn't know how he'd react. It was  someting entirely alien to me. Anyway, I waited until we were off on vacation and it just came out. Of course I had been praying about how to talk to him about it. The Lord provided a way and the words. Anyway, my husband was more than understanding. I stressed for nothing. And he was certainly helpful to me in my situation after knowing what I was going through! Anyway, what I 'm trying to say, is have you asked the Lord to lead you into a discussion with your husband?

BTW, if he's not saved, then you are witnessing to him every day. If he is saved, then you are encouraging him everyday. I think your light is shining bright.

:thumb:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Well, my hubby is a Chaplain and has actually been my pastor so I guess we are spiritually compatible. We talk about spiritual things all the time, and basically agree doctrinally, although our faith is evolving if that were posible, so we may not always be on the same sheet of music. Now musically and worship wise we could not be more different. I love contemporary music, and worship that is more open (we aren't pentacostal) and my hubby has a hard time opening up and worshipping freely in front of those he may not know. He does not go to church much anymore because chapel is downright boring (he does not get to preach often) and he does not feel a part of my church. My hubby is very spiritual and witnesses daily in counseling, so his lack of being feed isn't evident (he feeds himself).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  553
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Okay, are y'all married to my husband? :crazy:

Seriously, my husband and I are opposites in lots of ways, but we provide balance for each other.  It was hard to get used to at first, but we have something that works for us now.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I'm so glad somebody started this thread. I was too chicken to do it.

I met my husband by witnessing to him - didn't plan to marry him...just happened.

He's been baptised and seemed to be growing so well. We started out real strong but after awhile, he seemed to lose interest. I'm been really afraid because I saw some "bad" fruit coming out...I won't say what...but I didn't like it...

He seems to have grown detached, although we have Bible study in the a.m. 3 to 4 times a week and we pray daily. We attend church but he's critical of the sermons. He's stingy with the money while I love to tithe... we just seem to be going in opposite directions and it troubles me.  Cat