IGNORED

Do You Believe in "Once Saved, Always Saved"

Guest ROBERT WELLS

I would like to ask this question again.

If I have a girlfriend that I am living with and we have a very active relationship and are both Christians, will we go to heaven with Christ the day he comes back?

I would really like to hear some answers on this.

Here is what the Word says:

Eph 5:3-15

3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hebrews 13:4

Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Even those who think dirty immoral sexual thoghts are worthy of eternal damnation because its in their hearts. No acceptions. Jesus was quite clear on this.

Dan

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Even those who think dirty immoral sexual thoghts are worthy of eternal damnation because its in their hearts. No acceptions. Jesus was quite clear on this.

Dan

Then we're all doomed. ;)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/11/1977

Dan

ONE EXCEPTION........REPENTANCE

• Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Dan

Then we're all doomed. :whistling:

Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Correct...we are all doomed. Infact, Christ was asked "then who can be saved?" He replied, "this in not possible with man but all is possible with God".

I don't care how you put it. Our ability to not sin will not save us and people who are saved still sin everyday all the time. Its not going to be a ratio of sin verses overcoming that will get us into heaven. Sorta like some quota. There will be folks who sinned more in life than the lost did that will go to heaven because they realized how miserably desperate they were and asked Jesus to fix their sin problem . The thief on the cross admitted he was guilty and didn't end up there because he was a doer of good deeds.We can't even repent without God's Holy Spirit.

If we are to maintain our salvation than we are sure to lose it.

Dan

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Any relationship needs feeding or else it starves to DEATH. Just the opposite of what you said, Dan; The word of God tells us to "work out" our salvation in fear and trembling.

I would like to know what you would call "working it out"??

Any relationship needs feeding or else it starves to DEATH. Just the opposite of what you said, Dan; The word of God tells us to "work out" our salvation in fear and trembling.

I would like to know what you would call "working it out"??

VERY WELL SAID :whistling:

Dan

Then we're all doomed. :whistling:

Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Correct...we are all doomed. Infact, Christ was asked "then who can be saved?" He replied, "this in not possible with man but all is possible with God".

I don't care how you put it. Our ability to not sin will not save us and people who are saved still sin everyday all the time. Its not going to be a ratio of sin verses overcoming that will get us into heaven. Sorta like some quota. There will be folks who sinned more in life than the lost did that will go to heaven because they realized how miserably desperate they were and asked Jesus to fix their sin problem . The thief on the cross admitted he was guilty and didn't end up there because he was a doer of good deeds.We can't even repent without God's Holy Spirit.

Dan

That statement is qite a nice Fairy Tale, but the bible says that we must repent. Jesus said that he would write the laws in our hearts and in our minds..... That is so we will keep them. We have free will to allow God to write his laws in our hearts so that we will no longer cherrish sin, but we can also choose to continue in sin. If you live in willfull sin, without repentence then you will surely be banned from eternal life.

People like to believe that they cannot become relost after choosing Christ. That is so dangerous, because when the storms in life come they are shaken, and may fall back to the broad easy path. The Holy Spirit is silenced by their cozy cumfy feeling that they have nothing to worry about, and so they may lead a fruitless life with a false sense of security and presumed salvation. They conform to traditions of men, and with their security blanket, stay wrapped up thinking that they are in need of nothing, when in fact they are poor, blind, wretched and naked, and are in desperate need to aknowledge our Creator as the supreme authority, and honor his law.

It is the narrow tough path that leads to everlasting life, and the broad easy path that leads to destruction.

we need to choose a path.... you can't Get to Heaven on the broad path without making a U-Turn.

It's not the good deeds that get us into heaven, because even one sin gives us the penalty of death, but Jesus paid the penalty of our sins that are repented of. His blood does not cover the un-repentant heart.

He did not abolish the law, but he established it, and how we should keep it.

many people think that all you have to do is believe, but that is a bunch of bull. Even the Devil and his Angels Believe. Most of Gods promises come with a BIG "IF".

Salvation is conditional. IF WE CONFESS AND REPENT. We must confess, ask forgiveness, and repent(turn aawy from sin)

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

A man was a Christian for 60 years, faithfully obeyed God's Word and abstained from sin. In a moment of weakness he lusted in his heart after another woman and, seizing the opportunity to give way to his lust, was in the actual act of committing adultery with the woman. During the commission of his sin he had a heart attack and died.

The ones who promote OSNAS would have us all believe that the man went to hell.

Utter and complete nonsense.

God is unrighteous, unholy, and weaker than the power of man's free will if He doesn;t have the power to save us in spite of ourselves!