• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/23/1973

...Stance on Abortion:

I was speaking with a Christian woman this evening. I asked her what helps her decide who she'll vote for come election time. The first thing out of her mouth was:

"How they feel about abortion."

Overwhelmingly, the Christians I speak with say they vote Republican because of the abortion issue.

Think about this for a second:

Ronald Reagan = 8 years as President.

George Bush Senior = 4 Years as President.

George Bush Junior = 8 years as President (yes I know he's not finished with his second term yet).

That's a total of 20 years. With those years in mind, let me ask this question: "Which of these Republicans changed anything about abortion?" The answer is, "None of them!" Abortion has remained legal no matter who is in the office.

It's ridiculous to vote for candidates based on this issue. None of them will do a thing about it, except maybe use it during their campaigns to try to sway Christians to vote for them.

For the record: I'm a registered Republican and vote almost exclusively Republican. I say "ALMOST" because I don't vote for parties. I vote for candidates I believe in. I believe all voters should do the same.

Edited by Donny Pauling

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

...Stance on Abortion:

I was speaking with a Christian woman this evening. I asked her what helps her decide who she'll vote for come election time. The first thing out of her mouth was:

"How they feel about abortion."

Overwhelmingly, the Christians I speak with say they vote Republican because of the abortion issue.

Think about this for a second:

Ronald Reagan = 8 years as President.

George Bush Senior = 4 Years as President.

George Bush Junior = 8 years as President (yes I know he's not finished with his second term yet).

That's a total of 20 years. With those years in mind, let me ask this question: "Which of these Republicans changed anything about abortion?" The answer is, "None of them!" Abortion has remained legal no matter who is in the office.

It's ridiculous to vote for candidates based on this issue. None of them will do a thing about it, except maybe use it during their campaigns to try to sway Christians to vote for them.

For the record: I'm a registered Republican and vote almost exclusively Republican. I say "ALMOST" because I don't vote for parties. I vote for candidates I believe in. I believe all voters should do the same.

So which antichrist figure(lesser of 2 evils) are going to vote for.

LT

LT

Sadly, t his is the truth in many cases. There simply is no "good" choice on the ballot.

Sometimes I do wonder, when we vote for the "lesser" of two evils, are we still accountable for the lesser evil? or are we not accountable because we at least tried....

When we rely on politicians, instead of Jesus, to solve our problems, we get what we deserve; liars, cheats, bigots, POLITICIANS and other self seeking people who serve those who reward them best. No candidate for office can get very far without becoming tainted in some way. It isn't possible, if you don't play 'by the rules' you don't get very far. It's as simple as that. And, unfortunately, the best tactic to win with is Smear campaigns, which-in the last 2 Presidential races anyway, the Republicans excelled in and far outstripped the Democrats in using. They managed to a real good job of avoiding the issues.

Anyhow, if you want Christians running the country, depend on Jesus, not Republicans, Democrats, Conservatives or Liberals. (and, by the way, it won't happen, since Jesus will come back to rule when the Father says it's time, til then we have to put up with the petty criminals we 'vote' into office, and hope they don't screw us over too hard) Pretty much, if you must be involved, vote your conscience but don't bite on the rhetoric that one side is more moral than the other, it isn't so and never can be. Besides the fact that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, the forces of evil concentrate around ruling power.

Jesus stated quite plainly that in The Kingdom the greatest would be the servant of all, the more childlike, the more serving you are, the higher your rank? will be. That will never be true of Human Politicians, be they "moral" Republicans (what an oxymoron that is) or a "godless" Democrat (which many are Christians too, they just aren't willing to blindly buy into Republican "morality" claims).

Trust in Jesus, be APART from the world, and know that your reward is certain-no matter how badly the humans mess up or destroy the world (after all, real Christians are a "New Creation", something more than Human). In the final end game, it doesn't matter how many politicians claim to be anti-abortion, how many Gays play at being married or even how many crooked politicians pretend piety and morality to get your vote. God has a plan and what humans do (or don't do) has no bearing on how it will all turn out. So, Jesus plainly says, LOVE your enemies, do GOOD to those that abuse you, Turn the Other Cheek, feel blessed (joyous) when you're persecuted for His sake, And LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF!!! It's a pretty simple set of rules, tis a shame more "Christians" can't figure it out and live by it.

One of the worst poll results I ever saw was the one asking "Who would you LEAST like to live next door to?" The top answer-far and away, was - "An Evangelical Christian"!!! Now there's something to be proud of. ;):emot-questioned:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Unfortunately, "Prolife" candidates are not really "prolife" as much as "anti abortion" or at least "not as pleased with abortion as they could be"

This is from my prolife blog:

Intellectual Heresy?

The President decided not to fund stem cell research on anything other than preexisting cell lines and people went hog wild crazy on both sides of the issue. Pro aborts were screaming that this was religion interfering with science...prolifers were saying he'd done the right thing. Perhaps he did, but he turned around and supported the legalisation of the Morning After pill, which is nothing but an overthecounter abortion. Probably in an effort to get a nominee into his court system...bread thrown to pigs if you ask me.

This is the situation. Originally, murdering babies was illegal, and when women went to have it done they ran the risk of death and/or arrest. Then somewhere along the line, it remained illegal but not prosecuted. Then it became legal in some places and not others. Then, thanks to Roe, it was legal to murder babies and clinics and hospitals began offering these services in controlled conditions "for the safety of the woman." Now we've gone from murdering babies in the hospital or in clinics so that doctors can make sure that the mother is not harmed to murdering babies in privacy so that nobody knows what is going on. Ignoring murder made little sense, the rest makes no sense at all in a so called civilised society.

But that is what happens when your mind is divided on the topic of life. Why don't people oppose the manufacture and sale of abortafacent "birth control" methods, cloning, IVF and the like? And why doesn't a supposed Prolife President demand that Roe not be enforced? Why don't states stand up for their rights and take care of this problem themselves? (And not just "in the case Roe v Wade is overturned" as has been done in some states). The answer is that their minds are divided at best and possibly just not committed in a place in their soul which means anything.

Abortion is murder. It's not pretty, it's not something which is private and it's not a human right or an intellectual choice. It's murder. That being the case, it's actually not possible for a legitimate government to ever legalise it. Can a government prevent you from protecting a potential murder victim? No, it can't. If it did, it would not be legally binding, and thus neither is Roe. States, localities and people have every right to protect an unborn child and the government in any form does not legally have the right to interfere with that protection.

I honestly do not believe that most politicians who claim to be prolife want abortion to be outlawed. Perhaps they don't want the stigma of being seen as closed minded or posibly fascist or whatever. Perhaps they don't want to "actually" have to take a stand, they just say they are prolife and vote periodically to restrict abortion practices and we all nod our heads and clap like nice little sheep. It makes me sick.

• Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

LT

Sadly, t his is the truth in many cases. There simply is no "good" choice on the ballot.

Sometimes I do wonder, when we vote for the "lesser" of two evils, are we still accountable for the lesser evil? or are we not accountable because we at least tried....

If we knowingly take the "lesser of two evils" than we are still voting for evil. We have a responsibility as Christians to expose evil and do all we can to defeat it.

We should not ever endorse any evil at all and should fight it at "every turn". Saying "at least we tried" does not "cut it" because we know that we didn't try at all and this is a very poor excuse. So we must be accountable for this.

• Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Cephas and LadyRaven, I wholeheartedly agree with you both. You have said it all so there is no point in me adding my "2c worth" in.

danny,

i may get stoned, but i agree with you. at least to an extent. i honestly do not forsee roe v. wade ever being overturned, so a candidate's position on abortion really is of little significance to me. notice i said "little", not "no". if they are running for president, it matters... because presidents are the ones to appoint the judges on the supreme court.

however, i feel very, very strongly about issues such as partial-birth abortions, about parental notification, etc. so a candidate's positions on those things is of paramount concern to me, and can be enough to tilt the balance if i'm trying to decide who to vote for.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

i may get stoned, but i agree with you.

You really need to stay off them drugs, my dear friend.... :noidea::emot-heartbeat:

t.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sticking my neck out to say this but...although Clinton was immoral, he was a much better PRESIDENT than any of the three Republicans since 1980.