• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Well... If they put Bible under my nose, they must be claiming to adhere to Christ, no?

I am no telepath - I can`t verify what people really believe. If they tell me, that they believe in Christ, there`s little else I can do to verify their beliefs.

___

That is exactly what I said, Wayne.

From my viewpoint, chances are, that Bible`s account of Jesus being cricified have high probability to be truth - other sources suggest, that this punishment was common in Roman empire, and that Jesus certainly could be sentenced to crucification.

Similarly, the account of Jesus being resurrected is most likely a folklore. Beautiful story made up to give a bad tale a good end. If Jesus just died, it would not be all that good for those, who believed in him, no? And so, they "resurrected" Jesus to support their belief.

No other sources offer similar accounts of resurrection, and modern medical knowledge suggests, that it`s highly unlikely. Therefore, I do not think that part with resurrection is true.

____

There is one problem. Christianity puts forward entirely too rigid sins. One of the reasons why people not like Christianity all that much, is because Christianity demands they ask forgiveness for what they deem to be correct and acceptable.

About the Jesus account, of him being resurrected, I can say that his followers where put in prison, beat, and killed for their faith. Now, for someone to give their lives to peace, they must really believe he resurrected, also former enemies of Christians where changed, take Paul for example, he was trying to put all Christians in prison, and sentence them to death, on his way transporting Christians, he saw Jesus and was blinded, and Jesus told him to go to his deciples and be healed. Now, I would have to say that must be a hard spot, the ones you rise against, end up being the ones who can heal you. Well, Paul became a powerful missionary after that, and his life is a great example of the power of the Lord. I believe that Jesus did rise again, others saw him, I don't believe that so many would give up their lives for a false account. A book I recomend is the fox's book of martyrs. It says what happened to all the apostles. pretty powerful.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note - I am female. Please, be more attentive.
:emot-highfive:

:whistling:

Sorry!

My darling wife says the same thing from time to time.

You two know each other?

:emot-highfive:

Dear Cousin, you are an invited guest at Worthy.

You appear to be very unhappy with The Worthy Family.

How are we failing you?

Do you Have any desire to learn anything of The Lord Jesus Christ?

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isaiah 1:18

Love, Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Ishamael,

I want to ask you one simple question, and I would like a simple answer. Do you feel that I, personally, have treated you poorly or been rude to you?

Cobalt, This clown's just chewing up bandwidth as far as I'm concerned. Let's move on. :emot-highfive::whistling:

Anybody can type random insanity.

She's not a clown, she is a human being just like us. God has given me many, many chances despite my running away and abysmal behavior for years. I think we need to extend the same attitude to her. What have we lost besides some time?

Okay...If you think so..

I think so. I hope you didn't take that as a swipe at you, because I certainly did not mean it that way brother. I feel like the Lord is telling me to extend her every courtesy possible.

No, you're right. I admire your committment. I'm probably just too suspicious that we are being played.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Well, Undone, I can say so as well, you know.

Let me sum it this way. I am not rejecting my disbelief.

However, I would like to know more - why do you believe, how do you believe, and for what purpose.

I may offer my own theories about why do you believe - they are not intended to be personal attacks.

Similarly, I certainly will not view opinions about my disbelief as personal attack (Well, provided they are not "cus ur stoopid!", that is. :whistling:)

___

FresnoJoe - I want to know why.

There must be cause and effect for everything.

___

Josh - muslims and jews have their own stories about how they preserved their faith throughout the persecution.

If your argument is true, so must be theirs.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Well, Undone, I can say so as well, you know.

Let me sum it this way. I am not rejecting my disbelief.

However, I would like to know more - why do you believe, how do you believe, and for what purpose.

I may offer my own theories about why do you believe - they are not intended to be personal attacks.

Similarly, I certainly will not view opinions about my disbelief as personal attack (Well, provided they are not "cus ur stoopid!", that is. :))

___

FresnoJoe - I want to know why.

There must be cause and effect for everything.

___

Josh - muslims and jews have their own stories about how they preserved their faith throughout the persecution.

If your argument is true, so must be theirs.

Ishamael,

Here's a challenge for you. Pull out your bible and read the Gospel of John. As you read, jot down the questions or concerns you have about what you're reading. When you've finished, come back and we can have an intelligent discussion over what you've read. Until then, I think we are spinning our wheels and doing a dis-service to you (because theirs just too many blanks to fill in) and Worthy (as we are chewing up bandwidth writing and rewriting what is already in the bible).

I can't see where we could possibly go wrong with this plan.

I`ve prepared my questions for the first three chapters of John.

I will start a separate thread (well, if I can), and post them there not to spam here up.

As you answer the first three, I`ll prepare following... Sadly, I can`t review all of it within a day, so this will have to be a several days study.

___

Cobalt: What had caused the God?

With the same foundation, I can say that universe had always been.

On a side note, someone with moderatorial rights apparently didn`t liked study of John`s Gospel.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I`ve prepared my questions for the first three chapters of John.

I will start a separate thread (well, if I can), and post them there not to spam here up.

As you answer the first three, I'll prepare following... Sadly, I can`t review all of it within a day, so this will have to be a several days study.

Ishmael, you are not qualified to lead a study of God's Word so one of the other moderators removed your thread (before I could close it). You should post your honest questions here and one at a time.

I will answer your first question from your thread, which has been deleted:

Chapter 1.

Why would John be sent first, without any proof?

Could it be not that Jesus converted John upon meeting him?

Ishmael, have you considered Malachi 3:1? The Lord spoke through the prophet Malachi 400 years before the coming of John the Baptist who, like a voice in the wilderness, prepared the way for the coming of the Christ. There's the proof. ;)

Regardless, where is the sense in playing "what ifs" with one another There has to be an accepted common ground for an effective discussion and study. We accept the Word of God as TRUTH; you don't. So what authority do we both acknowledge and share? The answer is none so an effective discussion is not possible. Simply, we believe and you don't.

I am closing this "study" since it nothing of the likes. You are free to ask your questions one at a time in another thread though. You are not free to post Scripture and pick it apart.

In Christ,

wayne

That is it.

I regard this as further confirmation, that you christians are xenophobic, especially in your own circle.

I`ve offered my questions at direct request of your prominent posters, and I see this censorship as a proof of your incurable xenophoby.

I am taking my leave from this board. There is no knowledge to be found where people repress the questions.

_____

I thought of saying something nasty as my parting shot...

But I sincerely can not think of anything worse, then what you are presenting yourselves as with your own effort.

Farewell.... May Jesus have mercy on your souls.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Well... If they put Bible under my nose, they must be claiming to adhere to Christ, no?

Not so. The Watchtower Bible is not an accurate translation. The Word of God is infallible but translations are imperfect. They have flaws. There are excellent translations and there are bad translations. The way to tell the difference is to research which ones are true to the original languages and are in context with the entire text. So if someone puts a Watchtower Bible under your nose (or a Book of Mormon) and claims to adhere to Christ, ask them which christ? If they refuse to acknowledge HIM as God made flesh, then they profess a false Christ. How do I know? The Word tells me.

That is exactly what I said, Wayne.

From my viewpoint, chances are, that Bible`s account of Jesus being cricified have high probability to be truth - other sources suggest, that this punishment was common in Roman empire, and that Jesus certainly could be sentenced to crucification.

Similarly, the account of Jesus being resurrected is most likely a folklore. Beautiful story made up to give a bad tale a good end. If Jesus just died, it would not be all that good for those, who believed in him, no? And so, they "resurrected" Jesus to support their belief. No other sources offer similar accounts of resurrection, and modern medical knowledge suggests, that it`s highly unlikely. Therefore, I do not think that part with resurrection is true.

Crucifixion was common for non-Roman citizens found guilty of capital crimes. Jesus was not found guilty of a capital crime. If you know anything about Jewish law, you would know that His trial was a "kangaroo court" as we refer to it in the west. It was an illegal court that found Him guilty of blaspheming God. He was in turn taken to Pilate, the Roman authority, who found NO guilt in Him but turned Christ over for crusifixtion regardless...for one reason: to prevent an uprising among the Jews. Regarding the resurrection, we aren't saying one or two witnesses...we have written testimony that over 500 witnesses saw the resurrected Christ. That's enough for me.