• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

When you pray, whom are you suppose to pray to? Is it God, Jesus, Saints, somebody else?

If you do pray to the Saints, do you think they have any power to act on your prayers?

The reason I'm asking is because I currently go to a bible study, mainly because I have so many questions that I want answered. However, sometimes you can't come out to the people you know and ask a stupid question like this. Hopefully, the people in this chat forum will help me resolve some of the dumb questions that I have.

I pray to God, in Jesus' name.

There is no "dumb" question. But praying to saints is futile. I believe Catholics are the only ones who believe in this.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/11/1977

When you pray, whom are you suppose to pray to? Is it God, Jesus, Saints, somebody else?

If you do pray to the Saints, do you think they have any power to act on your prayers?

The reason I'm asking is because I currently go to a bible study, mainly because I have so many questions that I want answered. However, sometimes you can't come out to the people you know and ask a stupid question like this. Hopefully, the people in this chat forum will help me resolve some of the dumb questions that I have.

I pray to God, in Jesus' name.

There is no "dumb" question. But praying to saints is futile. I believe Catholics are the only ones who believe in this.

Totally!

So right Kat.

The bible calls the christians the saints. Thats us! Praying to the saints brings up a whole other topic,,,,the state of the dead.

I think I may start a thread on that if there isn't one.

Jesus gave us the example....I hope we all can agree to that. I put my trust in Him. Certainly not other Christians(saints), who are faulty like me, and who have no power to answer my prayers. That would be simply a waste of my time. May god bless all of our hearts, and teach us, throught the Holy spirit, the absolute truth on the matter.

I pray to God!

I'll talk to you all later.... I will be gone for a week. till then... God bless you all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

:whistling: I voted 'When things get rough' because for me that is a daily occuance!

I know, I'm goofy.... :doh:

Seriously, I suppose praying or just keeping an open coversation with Him happens even without thinking about it.... Mostly in the shower when I can have some alone time and my thoughts are the least distracted.... Although, sometimes I shave the same leg twice that way... I told ya I was goofy.