IGNORED

Sabbath on saturday or sunday?

Observer of dreams

Jewish seventh-day Sabbath-keepers, engendered by the likes of Ellen Gould Harmon White, founder of 19th-century "seventh-day Adventism," still insist that those who are gloriously liberated by faith in and thru the Lord Jesus Christ, must return to the Old Testament Mosaic Code delivered unto the LITERAL NATION OF ISRAEL back in Exodus 19:3; Exodus 20:22; Exodus 25:2; etc, etc. It's most interesting that before the advent of one, Ellen Gould Harmon White on the religious scene in the 19th-century, there was NO SUCH THING IN EXISTENCE as a "seventh-day Adventist"! Praise God for Galatians 5:1, "Stand fast in the LIBERTY with which Christ has made us FREE, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage!" This powerful warning surely includes Ellen Gould Harmon White & her compatriots with their Jewish seventh-day Sabbath-keeping, "investigative judgments," Satan as "scapegoat" in Leviticus 17; vegetarianism as an essential biblical imperative today (even Jesus ate meats!); annihilationism/soul-sleep at death; on into the murky Ellen Gould Harmon White-night! It's never BACK to Moses; it's always FORWARD & UPWARD to the Lord Jesus Christ! AMEN & AMEN!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

I do hope you will read at least a small portion of this link. SDAs did not invent the Sabbath nor are they alone in keeping it.

http://straitwaytruth.com/artman/publish/cat_index_54.shtml

Shalom,

Actually, we know that since we have the Holy Spirit indwelling us as Christians, we are to worship Him EVERY DAY. The NT church gathered together daily in the Temple.

Since you are a Seventh Day Adventist, I understand this is your main agenda, but it is not Scriptural to insist the only day of worship is Saturday.

Acts 2

42And they devoted themselves to the apostles

Jewish seventh-day Sabbath-keepers, engendered by the likes of Ellen Gould Harmon White, founder of 19th-century "seventh-day Adventism," still insist that those who are gloriously liberated by faith in and thru the Lord Jesus Christ, must return to the Old Testament Mosaic Code delivered unto the LITERAL NATION OF ISRAEL back in Exodus 19:3; Exodus 20:22; Exodus 25:2; etc, etc. It's most interesting that before the advent of one, Ellen Gould Harmon White on the religious scene in the 19th-century, there was NO SUCH THING IN EXISTENCE as a "seventh-day Adventist"! Praise God for Galatians 5:1, "Stand fast in the LIBERTY with which Christ has made us FREE, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage!" This powerful warning surely includes Ellen Gould Harmon White & her compatriots with their Jewish seventh-day Sabbath-keeping, "investigative judgments," Satan as "scapegoat" in Leviticus 17; vegetarianism as an essential biblical imperative today (even Jesus ate meats!); annihilationism/soul-sleep at death; on into the murky Ellen Gould Harmon White-night! It's never BACK to Moses; it's always FORWARD & UPWARD to the Lord Jesus Christ! AMEN & AMEN!

I do hope you will read at least a small portion of this link. SDAs did not invent the Sabbath nor are they alone in keeping it.

http://straitwaytruth.com/artman/publish/cat_index_54.shtml

I started reading it, read a couple other of his other notes.....I'll pass

But why? This link is a great resource. It also quotes Protestants, farther down. Please read and learn, no harm can come of it and knowledge is ever so desirable.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I can't beleive that some people are willing to break one of Gods commandments.

site edited by Scarletprayers

I started reading it, read a couple other of his other notes.....I'll pass

But why? This link is a great resource. It also quotes Protestants, farther down. Please read and learn, no harm can come of it and knowledge is ever so desirable.

Well for starters Catholic bashing sites/threads aren't tolerated, that one has been reported. No, I didn't read them all, but the few I did look at are nothing but, "my way or the highway". I have the truth, and NOBODY else does, and everybody else is going to hell. Knowledge is only desirable if its true, yes?

I'm baffled! The link has nothing to do with Catholic bashing. It simply lists commentary from Catholic sources and others, and all of them are in good taste and reported in an impartial manner, for which I am grateful.

I'm sorry you think you needed to report it. But, if so, then so.

• 1 month later...
Guest djconklin
... It's most interesting that before the advent of one, Ellen Gould Harmon White on the religious scene in the 19th-century, there was NO SUCH THING IN EXISTENCE as a "seventh-day Adventist"!

Before Martin Luther there were no Protestants, before John Wesley there were no Methodists. Ellen White didn't create the SDA movement all by herself. Over 2,000 pastors across denominational lines worked in the Millerite movement in the 1840's preaching the soon coming of Jesus christ (hence the name "Second Advent"). This later "evolved" into the SDA church in 1863.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I can't beleive that some people are willing to break one of Gods commandments.

What I find is how amazing it is that so many argue in defense of ignorance with regard to what God, in His own words, His Book, states plainly What sin is, as by definition. And do it with a double tongue, as though they were speaking with firm logic.

When I read from John, the definition for Sin, I hear God speaking to me as through "the Law." The word "law" as used here could have reference to "all Scripture." However John's reference here to "the Law" can not logically have reference to His own letter or to any other "letters" of the "New Testsament. So His use of phrase "the Law" in this the context is necessarally connective to the Sacred Writings which were existent from before the era of Christ, "The Law, The Prophets, and Psalms." to which als o Jesus Himself cited in His doctrine. It seems to me that common intelligence should speak to our thought processes that for this definition to be "rightly" associated to the true intent of the context, we need to understand that the phrase is intended to specify another "Law" to be found within "the Law" (Old Testament Scriptures) that speaks to the term "Sin."

Do we need to question or alter what was labeled as "Sin" IN "The Book Of The Law?"

Who was the "Inspiration" of that book? The Spirit of Moses? Or the Spirit of Messiah?

Is it possible that christ might have redefined the definition for sin, He might thereby have freed Himself of the "Need" to Suffer" for me and you?

But all ARE "FREE" to REDEFINE SIN, as a matter of freedom of each persons will to either accept or reject the sound counsel of the Messiah of the Prophets, whether of the "LAW" of the Old Testament or

the New, whether of the Jew or of the Nations (Gentiles).

To be "under" the Law. or to be "under the curse of" the Law is a matter assigned penalty for having "broken" the Law, or living in willful disrespectful of "the Law" authored and written by the finger of God in Christ, Who Himself "sinned NOT." But we, until we come to Messiah for forgiveness for having lived in ignorance or disrespect against "His" Law, are "under the penalty" assessed and announced for such disobedience. "The wages for living in transgression of the Law is(eternal) death; but the gift of God, through Messiah, to all who walk and live Circumspectly with respect to His Law, is eternal life.

I am a publican believer in Christ, under Grace, I desire to observe all God's Commands, though he retains every "right" to slay me to this very day in my Life. However I know His Grace is greater than my personal ignorance of His all the encompassing Good of His "Law." By His "Law" I am informed that He will raise me up "At The Last Day." Job, of the trusted in the same "Law" that "though the skinworms should devour him, Yet in his flesh he expected to see God in his flesh."

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

No work, no school, worship praise and prayer. That sounds like the sabbath day to me. Why is it that God commands no work on the seventh day, yet we wait till the 1st day to stop working?

Because you're no longer under the Law,Ood.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

No work, no school, worship praise and prayer. That sounds like the sabbath day to me. Why is it that God commands no work on the seventh day, yet we wait till the 1st day to stop working?

Because you're no longer under the Law,Ood.

Titus 2:11-14,"For the GRACE of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

"Grace (Jesus Christ) Is Our Teacher!" quote]

Ood? Is that short for "Law of God?"

Where do you get the teachings of Christ from whereby you come to know His outreach to you as the Messiah? Was not the first basis for even Jesus words founded direct from the Old Testament? Grace and Law according to Psalms is not adverse one to the other. where there is no standard for judgment there is no charge to be made or imputed for either right or error. "Where there is no Law, neither can sin be imputed." Where sin can not be charged, neither can righteousness be imputed. Where ther is no sin to be charged, neither can Grace be Imputed. Hence it would have been far more simple that Christ had removed the Law and not waste His time with the man of Foolishness of men who are willing to admit to sin yet refuse to respect the Law that outright defines Sin, and is called by God Himself Holy and Good.

Saved by Grace? Yes! But not to wilfully resist the simplistic yet Holy "Commands" of God that define both what is Sin and what is Right. Who is that man who would seek to zealously to convince another of sin as by his own imaginings, and yet is unwilling to receive correction himself for His own "Sins." There is sin which is committed with knowledge. And there is also sin which is committed in honest ignorance., And there is sin that is committed in willing ignorance (no concern for knowing) either the right or wrong shown through God's Holy words of counsel, "His Law."

And "Grace," expressed out of context, no longer conveys God's intended meaning in accordance with "the Law and the Testimonies," whether it shall be drawn from the Old or the New Testaments.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

God never changed the sabbath from Saturday to Sunday,...... the church did that on their own. Now some denominations will tell you the authority to do so lays in the hands of the church leaders . I do not believe that as Christ himself , never changed not one dot of the Laws of Our God . Christ came to explain and expand on God's laws not to change them. Church leaders have no right to do what Christ was very careful not to do .

The apostles were celebrating the seventh day sabbath , long after Jesus died and was resurrected. The new testament is full of examples of this.

Isaiah 22: Tells us that even when this system of things has finished, and God lives with mankind; as we are promised that the earth will be God's footstool and we will be celebrating the sabbath as God decreed it be celebrated, along with the festivals and holy days God decreed that were for all time and as many generations of man as ever live.

Isaiah 66:22 As the new heavens and the new earth that I will make will endure before me, declared the Lord, so will your name and descendants endure. From one new moon to another and from one sabbath to another , all mankind will come and bow down before me , says the Lord . This is a prophetic scripture we can see that , because at no time has all of mankind ever come to bow down before the Lord. And of coarse we are still living on a very quickly polluted planet , certainly not the new earth and heavens God promises us one day. We know we will have the new earth when the last enemy death has been destroyed. So this is prophetic in that it has not come to pass yet. And what does it say ?

That all mankind will come and bow down before the Lord on the sabbath and on the holy feasts which happen each new moon.

Now I do not see anything wrong with attending worship services any day of the week . Worship God every day is my motto. But we are commanded to keep the sabbath holy by God and that is from sundown friday till sundown saturday. In fact by the keeping of the sabbath the world knows you really follow God.

The apostles and Christ told us to obey the laws of men as long as they do not oppose the laws of God . Nothing wrong with Sunday worship as long as you are keeping the sabbath ( the seventh day holy) as God commanded. And as I said the new testament makes reference to the apostles keeping the sabbath over and over again.

Edited by wvpeach