• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Sis, what does the word banner mean?

"banner"

Psalm 60:4 Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah.

Strongs #5251 something lifted up, standard, signal, signal pole, ensign, banner, sign, sail

standard (as rallying point), signal

standard (pole)

ensign, signal

Further Word References and Study

The word can also be translated "ensign". (Zech 9:16 And the LORD their God shall save them in that day as the flock of his people: for they shall be as the stones of a crown, lifted up as an ensign upon his land.)

Strongs #5264

to be lifted up (meaning dubious)

(Hithpoel) to be lifted up, be displayed

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Adstar I have often thought what you are thinking. I always come back to Job. 1:6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord and Satan also came with them. It doesn't say bad angels, or fallen angels or the angels who revolted with Satan, it just says angels. I believe we are not only a light to the nations but to the angels in heaven and we are exibit A. Not only will God have in the end a race of humans He created who are obedient only to Him, but also He is showing the angels how pointless rebellion is because look at what He can do and look how mind boggling it all is.

One Accord, I'm not so sure I agree with the powers and principalities being fallen angels. Micheal is referred to as a chief, I guess I believe that God is also trying to win some of his angels back from Satan as well as those of us that has fallen. By this point in time alot of those angels would have to be really considering the huge mistake they made in the first place and I'm pretty confident God loves them as much as He loves the sinners down here.

Imagine the awe of the angelic hosts when heaven was opened up to us through Christ's sacrifice. The veil came down and even we can approach the throne of God. And their seeing and understanding how it all works together, how all these events here and there are brought together for God's purposes and in a perfect plan. Now that's something to be in awe of.

In Yeshua's love

Teri

:il: Yes AWE that is a little word but it describes a great emotion our feelings toward Our Creator. How awesome it is to be loved by Him. How pathetically inadequate is our praise for Him. Its just mind boggling.

I agree the book of Job is very revealing about God using a man to reveal something to the angels. I see Job as representing all true followers of The God of Abraham. The Angels must be awestruck too :t2:

Revelation 4

10the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying:

11"You are worthy, O Lord,

To receive glory and honor and power;

For You created all things,

And by Your will they exist and were created."

All Praise The Ancient Of Days for He is Worthy :il:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Wow, this is great!

BLindseeker, I have thought too that the mystery in this scripture is more than the church.

Does anyone see a shift going on in the church? It seems to me that people are becoming closer to God or farther from Him, it looks like no one is staying the same.

I have some more thoughts but I can't think right now with these these screaming kids so I will be back when they go to bed! :o:D

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

This verse popped out at me in my morning Bible study, and I am real interested in comentaries and interpretations of this one.

Ephesians 3:10

.............to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places.......

Paul has been discussing the mystery that had been hidden in God from the beginning of  the ages..  Here we see Him giving an idea of the purpose of the mystery (to the intent that the manifold wisodm of God might be made known).

Earlier in Ephesians 1:10, Paul says of the mystery of the will of God that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times (the climax of the ages) He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth--in Him.

Most agree that the mystery is the church or church age.

Here in the verse being studied we see that the intent of this mystery or church age is to make the manifold wisdom of God known by the church to the principalites and powers in the heavenly places.

This sounds to me like the church is to be the revelation of God's wisdom to the heavenly principalities and powers, which must be angelic beings, and according to Eph 6:12 are not only angelic beings but fallen angels-rulers of the darkness of this age, spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

This is a pretty heavy verse and a serious call to attention.  I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.  Blessings.

I do believe Paul identified the mystery as us becoming one with the triune God Head. And we will reveal it to the principalities and powers in the heavenlies by taking the power He has given us over all the power of satan, so that nothing can by any means hurt us and we will glorify our triune God, and being one with them will share in that glory. What a blessing!!!

• 13 years later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 12/7/2003 at 9:24 PM, OneAccord said:

This sounds to me like the church is to be the revelation of God's wisdom to the heavenly principalities and powers, which must be angelic beings, and according to Eph 6:12 are not only angelic beings but fallen angels-rulers of the darkness of this age, spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

This is a pretty heavy verse and a serious call to attention. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this. Blessings.

Old thread with very prominent question(s).   The 'church' people see is not showing revelation of God's wisdom,   or even of just wisdom, on earth today, let alone in the heavenly principalities and powers....

So,  what happened ?!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Old thread with very prominent question(s).   The 'church' people see is not showing revelation of God's wisdom,   or even of just wisdom, on earth today, let alone in the heavenly principalities and powers....

So,  what happened ?!

I would like to participate, and I would like to know if you have something to say in this matter.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

It would be best to start a new thread. This one is very, very old.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

Ephesians 3: 10, To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

"To the intent." . . . . God is making the Jews and Gentiles one new body to demonstrate to the principalities and powers in heavenly places the manifold wisdom of God in the eternal purpose.

"By the church." . . . . By the submission of the church of God and Christ and by the manifold wisdom of God to the church the angelic and demon powers, good and evil, are being taught the eternal purpose of God (v. 10-11; Eph. 1:11; 2:7).

Eph. 3:11, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

According to "the eternal purpose." . . . . 5th N.T. prophecy in Eph. 3:11, unfulfilled). Next verse, v.21. The eternal purpose is to have creations of free moral agents who have been thoroughly tested and purged of any possibility of rebellion, so that God can show the exceeding riches of His grace toward them in all the ages to come without fear of eternal rebellions (Eph. 1:4-12; 2:7; 3:9-11; 1 Cor. 15:24-29; Rev. 21:22).

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Ephesians 3: 10, To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

"To the intent." . . . . God is making the Jews and Gentiles one new body to demonstrate to the principalities and powers in heavenly places the manifold wisdom of God in the eternal purpose.

"By the church." . . . . By the submission of the church of God and Christ and by the manifold wisdom of God to the church the angelic and demon powers, good and evil, are being taught the eternal purpose of God (v. 10-11; Eph. 1:11; 2:7).

Eph. 3:11, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

According to "the eternal purpose." . . . . 5th N.T. prophecy in Eph. 3:11, unfulfilled). Next verse, v.21. The eternal purpose is to have creations of free moral agents who have been thoroughly tested and purged of any possibility of rebellion, so that God can show the exceeding riches of His grace toward them in all the ages to come without fear of eternal rebellions (Eph. 1:4-12; 2:7; 3:9-11; 1 Cor. 15:24-29; Rev. 21:22).

JESUS CHRIST commission his disciples, to go into all the world to declare the Good news. 

in other words "the church" will bring forth the message to the whole world, who was under different kinds of Spiritual powers and the people who represented them and not JESUS CHRIST himself, the way he was going around in Judaia, snd Gallily, before his death on the Cross, 

JESUS choose his Believers " the church", to proclaim "the wisdom of God ", 

This statement begs the question. 

What is the wisdom of God? 

Is not referring to the wisdom and craftiness,

( which is intelligence, of outsmarting your opponent, or your adversary), 

of the chochen disciples,

but the subject is the wisdom of God. 

All of us know the WISDOM of God, we are all familiar with the plan of God. 

John 3:16 

God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, as no one will perished who believes in him

(Believers whether disciples or not)

But have Eternal Life. 

There is more to that, and is not about the Holy Spirit, (that also),

But this is about JESUS CHRIST, and his Glory, and the change that came in Heaven, on Earth and in the underworld. 

That all Spiritual powers or other Gods and their preists and their magitians who had dominon over a territory, will hear the News about Jesus Christ and experience as an adversary the power vested in the name of JESUS CHRIST.

Two good examples are when Paul went to Philipy and loosen the young lady from their bonds, and their captivity, and how Paul went in their teritory and took their sheep away from them (the Warden). 

JESUS CHRIST protected them and they couldn't harm them. 

The principalities and the powers working in this teritory whether in their own or through their agents, (other men, their own preist and charlatans), sow and experience the new power in the world, JESUS CHRIST, the one who defeeted the Death and Hades. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt