• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,878
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  228
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

maybe so we can appreciate the next one more ? or because we can be too blind in our own desires to see how to make this one better ? :24:

Just remember you are loved and prayed for every day my friend :thumbsup::laugh::24:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Ok now, One shouldn't commit suicide. Thats not what a soldier of God would do and it may cost you some of your reward as you did not complete you work but to say that suicide is unfogivable is absolute nonsense. Not only does that have no scriptural basis. (And if someone thinks it does I want them to show me.)

But you know something. I've seen a lot of people who have commited suicide. One was completely nuts. His suicide occured by accident.

Another did so because he was and substantially abused genius who was fighting a losing battle with the desire to kidnap and possibly torture and/ or kill some people. He felt his mind slipping. And rather than spend his life doing these things he felt it was better to die and not hurt others.

Now, where is the sense in that man not being given some lenience? I find a lot of fault with God but injustice happens to not be one of them. Meaning that it fails to be a trait that I've seen God display.

I think that God may just judge on whether or not a person's heart is in the right place or if they knew what they were doing. And always on things that no man could ever possibly discern about another's spirit being. Who could ever know that God's judgement would be this or that? Only Jesus.

Now, I suggest that people try absolutly as hard as possible to stay living as far as reasonable. And by reasonable I mean by not putting your life before another's. But what kind of thinking is it to say that suicide warrents unconditional unforgiveness? I mean really?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

For me, I would not commit suicide because I would be worried about not seeing my children again in eternity, or my family. I mean if there is even a question about what happens, why tempt it? In addition it is a sin and the Lord says no murderer has a place in heaven. Look we are not here that long anyway, if you want to die, just wait, we all will end up there anyway.

I can see both sides. If a person is suffering from mental illness well yes they may commit suicide to stop the pain in their heads, or do it without even really knowing who they are when they do it. In the midst of a psychotic episode are you even you? I think the Lord of course looks at those cases differently, our Lord is not insane.

But despair is something we cannot wallow in, not if we have faith in a Redeemer who knows how bad and worthless we are, and yet loves us anyway. We have a responsibility to God and this earth to complete the journey God Has given us. How does suicide show or demonstrate any faith; to extinguish that life He alone gives us. I mean I was not dead this morning, I woke up, I ate two eggs and some sausage (with that diet I won

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

For me, I would not commit suicide because I would be worried about not seeing my children again in eternity, or my family. I mean if there is even a question about what happens, why tempt it? In addition it is a sin and the Lord says no murderer has a place in heaven. Look we are not here that long anyway, if you want to die, just wait, we all will end up there anyway.

Shalom Smalcald,

Amen and amen!!

This is exactly how I believe.

Why tempt? why take any chance?

If suicide would get us to Heaven faster, don't we think that Christians left and right would be taking their own lives to get there quicker? I know I would!

And, if we commit suicide, isn't that taking a life (aka murder)? And isn't that superceding G-d's place in giving and taking life?

I can see both sides. If a person is suffering from mental illness well yes they may commit suicide to stop the pain in their heads, or do it without even really knowing who they are when they do it. In the midst of a psychotic episode are you even you? I think the Lord of course looks at those cases differently, our Lord is not insane.

Amen again. G-d looks at the heart of each person.

But despair is something we cannot wallow in, not if we have faith in a Redeemer who knows how bad and worthless we are, and yet loves us anyway. We have a responsibility to God and this earth to complete the journey God Has given us. How does suicide show or demonstrate any faith; to extinguish that life He alone gives us.

Amen and amen!!

Good words! :o

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

(note: when I say "you", I am not speaking to anyone in particular, just a general "you")

Yeah, considering self murder is still murder, you obviously aren't performing a good deed by killing yourself. I would almost certaintly consider it a sin against God, and one of the last things you do with this life. To me, the idea that you would commit suicide in order to "get to heaven faster" seems to me to be a way of taking the easy way out, and trying to "beat the system", to get through a loophole in order to get through the trial of life faster. It is like saying yeah I know I'm going to heaven, so I don't need to help out on earth.

As to knowing if those who commit suicide go to heaven or hell, I don't think anyone on earth today can give a difinitive answer. I wouldn't test it though :o Best to not commit suicide, I'm not gonna be taking any chances!

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/15/1981

The reason i asked this about suicide is cause of someone important to me is dealing with this.

They is not telling they want to do it, but i know they will when things get worse.

No friends, not happy with theirself, no work, no money...

i can;t help them, it's tearing me apart though.

wished i could take their pain.

But i know i can't, and i know i have to trust God he can. Just can;t do that.

and not able to do that i hate myself more and more.

I want to give up that hate so badly so i can accept God's Love, but even that i can't.

nm... thanks for giving your thoughts on this.

I think i just have to ask someone to tell me if they will be in heaven or not.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  149

It doesn't clearly say in the Bible what happens to suicides, so there isn't sufficient evidence to support the conclusion that one would go to hell just because it's "self-murder" by some definitions. Maybe to some it's just another form of escapism.

Edited by heartofstone