Giaour

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

It is not the governments job to sanction marriage.

A marriage is between a man and woman and God.

Adam Eve and God.

I'm not really talking about what the government considers a marriage.

I am more interested in what God considers a marriage.

Shalom Giaour,

A marriage must meet the criteria set up by the government.

Adam and Eve had no such laws, but we do now. So, if you are talking Adam and Eve, the questions and answers are different now because we are not living as Adam and Eve and cannot possibly. So, you cannot justify someone not getting married legally today by saying Adam and Eve had no marriage license.

It DOES matter what the government recognizes as a marriage, this is the whole point. Since G-d instituted the governing authorities and we are commanded to submit, it is exactly what G-d views as marriage - obeying the laws of the land.

Also, The Word says we are to obey the law of the land. If the law of the land says that we must meet certain criteria to be married, then we are NOT married in the eyes of G-d is we are disobedient to the laws He sanctions. We are to only disobey the authority of government in cases where it violates G-d's law. Getting married legally does not violate G-d laws and so we are to obey and submit to it, as it is from G-d.

The Word says we are to obey and submit because these laws are from G-d and warns us about being disobedient to the governing authorities.

Romans 1:

1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

6 For the same reason you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing.

7 Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

'Giaour'

It's not about it being a hard process. It's about HAVING to get the governments permission to be husband and wife. God sanctions marriages, not the government.

Hello,

Just because their are laws in place that govern the process of marriage legally in order to protect those who get married that does in no way entail that we had to get the governments permission in order to be husband and wife. The laws are there to protect us or else you would have a lawless society who would go out doing their own thing in the way of sexual unions. When I was was married I never had to have the goverments permission but I did have to abide by the laws that were in place regarding marriage and those laws are once again in place to protect that bond of marriage I entered into with my husband.

OC

Guest Biblicist

Marriage began in the Garden of Eden, before the fall of man. Since then, sin has changed the "rules" of marriage, but God's view of it has not.

Genesis 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Matthew 19:5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ?

Mark 10:7 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,

Ephesians 5:31 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."

In Genesis when God refers to Adam and Eve as one he always calls them

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I dont need a receipt to buy something but I need one to return it.

Shalom,

Is that your argument? Do you have any Scripture to back that up?

That's pretty sad that you reduce such a holy thing as marriage in G-d to such a level.

Actually G-d thinks more highly of His institution of marriage than that Giaour. He speaks about the union of man and woman in the Word as a picture of Messiah and the Church.

Please read my post, the Scriptures are clear, we are to obey the laws of the land concerning marriage or we are disobeying G-d.

Shalom,

That's pretty sad that you reduce such a holy thing as marriage in G-d to such a level.

Actually G-d thinks more highly of His institution of marriage than that Giaour. He speaks about the union of man and woman in the Word as a picture of Messiah and the Church.

Please read my post, the Scriptures are clear, we are to obey the laws of the land concerning marriage or we are disobeying G-d.

You know, I had this long, well thought out response to your accusations and decided to delete it. I dont appreciate your accusations that I have taken Holy marriage to a low level. This is not true and you would know that if you read the whole thread.There is nothing more beautiful than a man and a woman exchanging vows before God and promising to keep their union until death.Having a piece of paper from the government doesnt make it any more beautiful.

It is clear that you can't speak to people without being judgemental. I prefer not to engage with you.

Shalom,

You know, I had this long, well thought out response to your accusations and decided to delete it. I dont appreciate your accusations that I have taken Holy marriage to a low level. This is not true and you would know that if you read the whole thread.There is nothing more beautiful than a man and a woman exchanging vows before God and promising to keep their union until death.Having a piece of paper from the government doesnt make it any more beautiful.

It is clear that you can't speak to people without being judgemental. I prefer not to engage with you.

Shalom Giaour,

#1. I have read the entire thread.

#2. What I see are attempts to justify sinful behavior and ignoring clear Scriptures on the subject.

#3. Obeying G-d by obeying the Law of land, makes it right, and THAT makes it more beautiful not to be in rebellion and disobedience.

#4. When you compare the holy institution of marriage to buying and returning something, yes, you have taken it to a low level. We must speak the truth and your words have denigrated something beautiful and holy. That's not judgmental, that's Biblical.

#5. Anti-government is anti-G-d. Unless the laws trangress G-d's law, we are to obey our governing rulers. (Romans 1)

Please explain this picture of marriage that you posted:

I'll ask you again, do you have ANY Scripture to back up your position?

Biblicist,

My husband and I have been together for 24 wonderful years. We have been together since I was 15 years old. This is our 1 and only marriage for the both of us. I love the sanctity of marriage. But the sanctification comes from God not a piece of paper from the government.

What if in 5 years, the government says that we have to wear purple and have a child within the first year of marriage before the government will recognize it as a real marriage?

Does it change anything in the eyes of God?

Traditions of man change definitions all the time.

God's definition of marriage stays forever.

Biblicist,

My husband and I have been together for 24 wonderful years. We have been together since I was 15 years old. This is our 1 and only marriage for the both of us. I love the sanctity of marriage. But the sanctification comes from God not a piece of paper from the government.

What if in 5 years, the government says that we have to wear purple and have a child within the first year of marriage before the government will recognize it as a real marriage?

Does it change anything in the eyes of God?

Traditions of man change definitions all the time.

God's definition of marriage stays forever.

Shalom,

The Bible says that piece of paper is HIS design if it is the criteria of the land. The Bible says the sanctification comes from G-d when we obey His authorities.

We're talking law, not tradition. We are to obey the law, not tradition.