• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I'm surprised that you're all not against shopping at wal-mart since the majority of their products come from countries that mistreat their employees or use prison labor. I buy American, it may cost a little more and at times it can be a pain but I'd rather pay for an Americans labor than someone in China.

That is another very good point. They used to advertise that they only sold American made products. But the almighty dollar won out.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

"I'm a proud Wal-Mart shopper. And, in case you hadn't noticed, every employee at a Wal-Mart in America is American. When you shop at a Wal-Mart, or Target, or K-Mart...you are supporting the American worker. Geeze louise."

well where I live there are illigals wroking there and now if you can't speak spanish you can't get a job there at all

This is my country why should I learn a differnet language let them learn english and let them live here legally !!

yes that is a dfiffernt subject all together but her post was "amercians wroking" whick is not true any longer.

In Christ

IreneM

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

"I'm a proud Wal-Mart shopper. And, in case you hadn't noticed, every employee at a Wal-Mart in America is American. When you shop at a Wal-Mart, or Target, or K-Mart...you are supporting the American worker. Geeze louise."

well where I live there are illigals wroking there and now if you can't speak spanish you can't get a job there at all

This is my country why should I learn a differnet language let them learn english and let them live here legally !!

yes that is a dfiffernt subject all together but her post was "amercians wroking" whick is not true any longer.

In Christ

IreneM

Yeah, I cannot argue with that, but that's a discussion for another thread. We are on the same language page, Irene.

All things being equal, those working at Wal-Mart should be American citizens. But to be fair, all business is in the same boat, especially in CA and FL, not just the local Wal Mart.

I'm surprised that you're all not against shopping at wal-mart since the majority of their products come from countries that mistreat their employees or use prison labor. I buy American, it may cost a little more and at times it can be a pain but I'd rather pay for an Americans labor than someone in China.

Oh brother. We went 'round and 'round with this last year. Let me put it this way: Say that a U.S. company pays a third world factory worker $3 a day. Do you think that worker had a higher-paying alternative but stupidly chose a lower-paying job instead? I'm betting the $3-a-day job was superior to his next best alternative.

I'm a proud Wal-Mart shopper. And, in case you hadn't noticed, every employee at a Wal-Mart in America is American. When you shop at a Wal-Mart, or Target, or K-Mart...you are supporting the American worker. Geeze louise.

And I should care more about the wage of that worker instead of the American worker because...?

Huh?? That's my point. Why indeed? We have no argument on that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I would like to support american made , however someone said it is only a little more......... thats not true anymore from what i have seen its very much more.

One of the bad things that has happened in this whole deal is america has sold its manufacturing base . This was a longterm plan of the chinese to bring the downfall of the usa . It is part of a longterm war plan . They sell out their workers make money to fund their war plans and meanwhile cut off our ability to build a war machine to fight against them.

We dont have the manufacturing base we had in ww2 and with much of our troops worn out and in iraq and afghanistan , how vunerable are we?

Oh brother. We went 'round and 'round with this last year. Let me put it this way: Say that a U.S. company pays a third world factory worker $3 a day. Do you think that worker had a higher-paying alternative but stupidly chose a lower-paying job instead? I'm betting the $3-a-day job was superior to his next best alternative.

I'm a proud Wal-Mart shopper. And, in case you hadn't noticed, every employee at a Wal-Mart in America is American. When you shop at a Wal-Mart, or Target, or K-Mart...you are supporting the American worker. Geeze louise.

And I should care more about the wage of that worker instead of the American worker because...?

Huh?? That's my point. Why indeed? We have no argument on that.

Sorry, I confused you with my lack of clarity.

...Let me put it this way: Say that a U.S. company pays a third world factory worker $3 a day. Do you think that worker had a higher-paying alternative but stupidly chose a lower-paying job instead? I'm betting the $3-a-day job was superior to his next best alternative.

Why should I care more about the wage of someone in another country than the wage or job he took from an American? Why are you a "proud Wal-Mart shopper" knowing that the items you are buying is supporting a chinese worker instead of an American worker? Do you think that Wal-Mart employee would rather be making the lamp or telling you which isle the lamp is on?

Gotcha. Wal-Mart is an American company that--all things being equal--has Americans working for it. Shopping there gives job security to my friends and neighbors. I could care less where my panties are made, to be honest with you. An American is selling them to me, and this American will be wearing them. I assume the old gentleman thrusting a cart in my direction isn't making lamps because he can't, so he works at Wal-Mart, in customer service. Is there something wrong with the service industry?? Or would you rather have him unemployed, living off the bounty of the county?

I would like to support american made , however someone said it is only a little more......... thats not true anymore from what i have seen its very much more.

One of the bad things that has happened in this whole deal is america has sold its manufacturing base . This was a longterm plan of the chinese to bring the downfall of the usa . It is part of a longterm war plan . They sell out their workers make money to fund their war plans and meanwhile cut off our ability to build a war machine to fight against them.

We dont have the manufacturing base we had in ww2 and with much of our troops worn out and in iraq and afghanistan , how vunerable are we?

Frankly, I don't think they are that smart. But I do remember Tucker: The Man and His Dream, and Jeff Bridge's speech at the end, who said pretty much what you just did. America is being taken over economically, not militarily. Well, as stirring as that sounded, it doesn't make much sense. The "buy American" thing doesn't ring true anymore in a lot of cases, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Thanks to globalization, for example, I have clients in America, Canada and Europe even. Everybody buys everybody else's goods and services in my business, and I see a day coming when that is how it will be in most sectors.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Amen.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

And, in case you hadn't noticed, every employee at a Wal-Mart in America is American.

:whistling:

:whistling::th_praying::whistling:;):wub: