• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem!

TBN's Broadcasting Network's rating has dropped to an F. :24:

It appears that a Ministry Watch dog, has gotten the word out to the people who donate to Paul and Jan Counch's ministry. The Watch Dog stated that TBN doesn't teach the Truth about the Bible. :noidea:

Too much word and prosperity faith teaching :24: .

Just for your information.

Liz

This is a good thing, right?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I get more out of Gilligan's Island reruns.
:noidea::24::24::24::laugh::laugh::laugh::21::24::24::24::24::24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I can't believe you people! You shouldn't put down the men(or women) of God. I'm highly disappointed in you for doing so, but that doesn't mean I like you any less.

Whoever it was that said it "doesn't sit right" w/ you, its probably b/c you haven't had any real experience w/ Pentecostals. The Crouches are Pentecostal. I'm NOT by ANY means putting you down. I'm AG (Pentecostal) but most of my relatives aren't. My mother went to revival w/ me a couple times & it didn't sit right w/ her b/c she's been indoctrinated w/ Independent Fundamental Baptist beliefs. The things she's being taught don't sit right w/ me either & I've been to her church on more than one occasion. In fact, I used to hold membership there until I felt God was telling me to leave b/c I wasn't being fed the Word. It's all just a matter of belief systems. I've grown SO much since I've become AG/Pentecostal. I feel alive now. My mother on the other hand, feels comfortable where she is. So like I was saying, you probably haven't had the Pentecostal experience. It's not a bad thing, but if you knew more about us you might understand us better. :huh::huh:

I had no idea what denomination they were. They just seem fake. Just a gut feeling.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

God called me out of the AG denomination 5 years ago. I was the worship leader there for many years. so I can say with all truth and honesty that a lot of what was preached did not sit well with me.

When I started to read my scriptures, I saw where my assembly was completely out of order according to Paul, and a lot was becoming more hype than true worship.

Let me say that I do believe in the Gifts of the Spirit, but I also believe that as believers we must test and try the spirits to see what is of the Father/Spirit and what is of the flesh.

Too many in the Pentecostal assemblies place to much emphasis on the "experience" than on a relationship with God.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

What's with this, "doesn't sit right with me" stuff?

Does everything God calls you to have to first "sit right" with us? We are not to be run by a "feel good" gospel, and we are warned about being complacent. God is always moving us forward in Him--going deeper, challenging us to more of Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem!

The wording I used in the beginning was Ministry Watch Dog. :huh:

It should have read MinistryWatch.com. :huh:

Liz

Guest The Chief

Don't Touch God's Annointed?

Some Christians believe that it is wrong for Christians to criticize the teachings and practices of teachers like Joyce Meyer. They point out:

1. that Jesus taught his followers not to judge (Matthew 7:1), and

2. that the Bible says not to 'touch God's annointed.' (Psalm 105:15)

The notion that these verses forbid Christians from examining the teachings and practices of other Christians is the result of faulty interpretation.

The Bible teaches that all Christians should learn how to discern between orthodoxy and heresy. It tells us to test everything, and to then hold on to that which is good:

"Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil." (1 Thessalonians 5:19-22, NIV)

This necessarily involves 'judging' - not of the person, but of his or her teachings and practices. Paul wrote that to the Thessalonians, in essence telling them to do what the Berean were earlier commended for:

"Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true." (Acts 17:11)

Note that the Berans did not merely find out whether what Paul said could be found in Scripture, but whether what he said was true. They judged Paul's message to see whether or not it was supported by Scripture.

It is of vital importance that we, likewise, judge teachings and practices by the Bible in order to determine if the things taught are indeed Biblical or something else. This is what it means to discern between orthodoxy and heresy. After all, while most aberrant and/or heretical teachings are derived from the Bible, they are not supported by Scripture.

Sadly, many Christians are Biblically illiterate - relying more on the insights of their favorite teachers than on their own, personal study of God's Word.

Moreoever, the Bible warns that there would come a time like today, when certain people will simply not put up with sound doctrine, but instead seek out teachers and teachings which suit their own desires:

"Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." (2 Timothy 4:2-3 NIV)

One of the aims of Apologetics Index is to encourage and teach Christians to discern between orthodoxy and heresy - to test everything, holding on to the good, and avoiding what is bad.

Source: http://www.apologeticsindex.org

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I don't believe anyone's theology is 100% accurate.

As someone said, you don't have to answer for me before the Lord, I do. So I take it very seriously.

We complain about Christian programming yet we watch secular tv and not say a word.

I watch some TBN programming and take out of it what I can use. I'm thankful for the men and women who work for the Lord.

Guest shiloh357

Ovedya used to work for TBN, and his testimony about his experiences there are posted on this board. There is a lot of unsavory stuff behind the scenes that folks don't know about. Search out Ovedya's testimony about this.

Thanks for posting the info on TBN. I can't say that I'm surprised all that much. One look at a PTL broadcast, especially the set they use is enough to put me on guard.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not TBN bashing. I'm not perfect, either. I say that from the point of view of someone Jesus is having to do some serious "rebuilding" of my life after I did a really great job of wrecking it. I'm thankful that I didn't wind up dead, or in prison, or dead in prison. Looking back, any of the 3 could have happened.

I'm at a point in my life where what comes in financially goes right back out for rent, food, etc. I don't have a car because I can't afford both a place to live and a car. I live in a city where your job options are severely limited without one because everything is so spread out here. Because I don't have a lot of money, I don't have much of a life other than go to work and come home, and go to church. I don't like the situation much at all -- but all avenues of escape have been closed, therefore I have to trust the Lord that He knows what He's doing. I don't.

I watch TBN very little any more because I have a MAJOR problem with some jerk getting up on a stage talking about "planting a $1000 seed" as if it was just a trip to the McDonald's $1 Menu. Especially when they are wearing clothes worth more than I make in 3-6 months or more. I've seen enough of their telethons that it seems they always trot out the same people with the same "prosperity gospel" on those things. Makes me wonder if they aren't just recording the preachers in advance and playing off like songs on a radio station.

No, I don't envy them. Paul and Jan WILL give an account to the Righteous Judge one day, as will we all.

I try to be a little more practical with my giving.

How much good would that "$1000 seed" do, say at the rescue mission in your town? How about some volunteer time at the same rescue mission? How about another ministry that is preaching the truth?

Sorry I got wound up. :emot-highfive: I look at things like money and things a LOT differently than I used to.