angels4u

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What Job had in him was the same as Jesus had in him, and Moses, and Paul and all the rest. This flesh suffers and counts for nothing other than to house the pace God resides, the kingdom of God is within you, Christ in you. The cross is same example of Jobs experience with the flesh. Once we come to the realization of Christ in you then things as Job suffered has no relation to Spirit at all. The Devil will have one believe this flesh runs our being and in it we suffer, but in Gods kingdom these things do not apply. We are who we are not because of this flesh and what happens to it but we are who we are that directs that flesh. We are to have the mind of Christ, same Spirit in you who was in Christ Jesus, Job had this same realization. Noting can separate us from the love of God but we can separate ourselves from Him and then the flesh suffers the spirit.

Joe

1 In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil. 2 He had seven sons and three daughters, 3 and he owned seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen and five hundred donkeys, and had a large number of servants. He was the greatest man among all the people of the East.

4 His sons used to take turns holding feasts in their homes, and they would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them. 5 When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would send and have them purified. Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, "Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts." This was Job's regular custom.

Job's First Test

6 One day the angels [a] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?"

Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

9 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."

12 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger."

Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

13 One day when Job's sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother's house, 14 a messenger came to Job and said, "The oxen were plowing and the donkeys were grazing nearby, 15 and the Sabeans attacked and carried them off. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

16 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, "The fire of God fell from the sky and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

17 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, "The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and carried them off. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

18 While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, "Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother's house, 19 when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

20 At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship 21 and said:

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,

and naked I will depart. [c]

The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;

may the name of the LORD be praised."

22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

Most of us know what is it to have friends we even call them best friends, but what do you do when you got in trouble like you could lose your job, get sick, what if you lose everything you have?

The enemy loves to test us and see if our faith in God is real even if we lose everything.

Satan thought Jobs faith would not be strong enough to stand the test if he could send them trouble.

The enemy is very real and he loves to test us too.

He even told God he noticed how good and upright Job was and he told God that it problaly wouldn't last if God would take eveything away from him.

Satan thinks its easy for a Christian to love God when everything is going good in their life but he doesnt think it will last if we lose our health or belongings or anything we care of.

I read this sentence that Adversity destroys superficial faith and thats a fact, but adversity for born again Christians strenghten our faith ,knowing who's in controle. How much do we trust that He will work everything thing out for good to them that love Him?

How much faith do you and I have ,would we stand the test?

Can you think of circumstances when it was difficult to keep trusting God?

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I wrote this a decade ago and can't put it any better today. In answer to the OP...

Forgive me LORD Jesus...

I watch so many people

Pass every test I've failed

And in my hand hangs heavy

The hammer and the nails

As once again I crucify

My Saviour to the cross

I despise my weakness

And cannot bear the loss

Oh how did I come to be in

Between the Grace of GOD, and sin?

In dreams I run t'wards Heaven's Gate

And voices mock me, "Late, too late!

The Saints have entered long ago..."

A world I fear I'll never know

Where GOD resides, and angels sing

And sinners like me can't get in.

Why so often do I stumble

Why is it that I fall?

I look inside and try to find

Some reason for it all

But I'm just a weary hobo

Wretched as can be

Who with tear-stained face

Behold's GOD'S Grace

Through Christ's blood...which sets us free.

And in my hand hangs heavy

The hammer and the nails

And in my heart contrition

For every time I've failed.

Oh give to me that cross LORD

And let me die with Thee

In death I live, my life I give you

Here at Calvary.

Copyright 2002 - Hobo Mountain Publishing.

Jesse Leigh Brackstone.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  2

Dooltaz that is a very profound thing you wrote. So often I have the chance for fellowship with Him and due to selfish desire blow it.

Praise Jesus for being so patient with us.

I to really enjoyed the post, as hard as things may become at times, god somehow finds a way to use them for the greater good. Only great things comes from the works of god..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

G :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil. 2 He had seven sons and three daughters, 3 and he owned seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen and five hundred donkeys, and had a large number of servants. He was the greatest man among all the people of the East.

4 His sons used to take turns holding feasts in their homes, and they would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them. 5 When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would send and have them purified. Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, "Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts." This was Job's regular custom.

Job's First Test

6 One day the angels [a] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?"

Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

9 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."

12 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger."

13 One day when Job's sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother's house, 14 a messenger came to Job and said, "The oxen were plowing and the donkeys were grazing nearby, 15 and the Sabeans attacked and carried them off. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

16 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, "The fire of God fell from the sky and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

17 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, "The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and carried them off. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

18 While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, "Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother's house, 19 when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

20 At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship 21 and said:

Most of us know what is it to have friends we even call them best friends, but what do you do when you got in trouble like you could lose your job, get sick, what if you lose everything you have?

The enemy loves to test us and see if our faith in God is real even if we lose everything.

Satan thought Jobs faith would not be strong enough to stand the test if he could send them trouble.

He even told God he noticed how good and upright Job was and he told God that it problaly wouldn't last if God would take eveything away from him.

Satan thinks its easy for a Christian to love God when everything is going good in their life but he doesnt think it will last if we lose our health or belongings or anything we care of.

I read this sentence that Adversity destroys superficial faith and thats a fact, but adversity for born again Christians strenghten our faith ,knowing who's in controle. How much do we trust that He will work everything thing out for good to them that love Him?

Angel, The last ten years has tested my faith and for a while I thought my name was Job. My husband left me with two teenage sons we had adopted. One was autistic and didn't understand why his dad left. A truck ran though the wall of my house, my oldest son had a wreck, broke his back, my youngest (the one with autism) was sent to prison for vandalism. I held on by a hair until my cousin died of cancer and I lost it. I sunk deep in depression, until I fell on my knees and begged God to help me through this. He gave me peace. I put all my children in his hands and refused to worry about them. I am alone now, but I have God and he walks beside me holding my hands. many times he has held me in his arms while I cried, then he gave me sweet peace and contentment. As Paul says, we need to thank God for our problems because they bring us closer to him. Satan still camps on my porch, but I will not allow him in my house. smile.gif

Good response 'grandma dolittle"...Trial by Fire I have had, a fire started by me playing with matches {sinning}...testing comes to those to whom the Lord Loves...Yet, the hardest of all the test are the ones we set in motion ourselves. My Faith was a gift from God, given to me when I fell to my knees and asked for forgiveness, after understanding that I could not put out the Fire that I had started. God told me to confess my sins and be forgiven, I did...many were not happy and some very scared... Many times G-d has held me in his arms for I was too weak to carry on alone. Today, was the first day since the passing of my youngest daughter that I remove her picture from my wallet and showed her picture to another person. My oldest suffers from brain damage caused by SID's, my youngest son brain damage caused by a drug overdose. My oldest son clean from drugs and is a darn good carpenter and loves the Lord Jesus. The family I lost was not replaced, however, I was adopted into another family and helped raised them as my own. This past weekend was spent moving, one back home, we now have a real chef in the family and his wife the new doctor, who just got into the hospital where we live. The best part was I watched both kids grow up and head out for school. Boy how time flies when one is too busy to watch the clock.

Jas 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,

Jas 1:3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

Jas 1:4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Jas 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

Jas 1:6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

Jas 1:7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord;

Jas 1:8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

After reading these words I understand that trail by fire is sometimes needed, yet, I have Faith that God will work everything to the good, for those who Love Him.

ICL~~~Dennis

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

I have a question about Job.

CONTENTMENT

BUT HAVING FAITH IS NOT LOOKING AT THE CIRCUMSTANCE BUT THE ONE WHO IS ABLE TO SOLVE EVERY PROBLEM.

angels4u

I can't find a scripture that claims Satan loves anything, or even loves to test our faith. His Goal is to kill, steal and destroy. Faith will stop him at the door, as we are told to put on our armor, and resist him with faith. Satan would rather not have to deal with faith, it's a hindrance to his plans and purposes. This is why he attacks it, not because he loves to test it, it's because he needs it out of the way to take something that is not his. Satan also heard Jesus, All things are possible to those that will believe. The affliction comes because of the Word, Faith comes by hearing the Word, and if Satan can stop you cold by bringing the pain, it's best for him to do that before you get rooted and grounding solidly. It's more easy to crumble a weak foundation, then one that is fortified.

Mar 4:17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

Offended means to give up, get weary in well doing, get discouraged and stop serving the Lord with the zeal you once had.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1Pe 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

I read through all the post, and certainly many of us have faced trials of our faith. My own son had a rare cancer, and nothing the doctors could do. May God Bless everyone going through these, and strengthen you, giving you hope of deliverance. May you see that just like Job, all can be restored and made even better.

Scriptures:

I never want to get in trouble with telling wrong things to others. That is why I need scripture for what I believe, and ask scripture for what someone else says. I also examine scriptures over and over, praying the Holy Spirit makes them clear, and give me understanding. There is so much we don't know.

I have read the comments about Job. I myself have looked at Job for a few years, and examined other scriptures, comparing them to Job. To me, I have settled that God's Word can never contradict, and where it looks like it contradicts, it means we just need more understanding, and have no right to tell God he is contradicting himself.

So, I have a few Questions...........................................................................

1) I don't see where Job was in faith.

Jas 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

Job endured with his situation, he just went through it. The bible says faith is a substance of things hoped (Heb 11:1) for. Job never once saw his deliverance, he never hoped for it. What Job wanted was an answer from God on how this injustice could occur because he walked upright without sin. Job's comment was that he wish he had not even been born, that does not sound like faith, it sounds like someone in despair, and enduring hardship. (Job 3:12)

His three companions certainly told Job he sinned somehow, but they were also wrong. Elihu the youngest was the only one that answered correctly. He pinpointed exactly what Job's issue was. He was the only one Job did not have to sacrifice for at the end.

Elihu:

Job 34:35 Job hath spoken without knowledge, and his words were without wisdom.

Job 34:36 My desire is that Job may be tried unto the end because of his answers for wicked men.

Job 34:37 For he addeth rebellion unto his sin, he clappeth his hands among us, and multiplieth his words against God.

When God came on the scene, God certainly was not very happy with Job.

God:

Job 38:2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

Job 38:3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

I don't see Job as an example we should follow. When things go wrong, fall apart, get destroyed in our lives, it's not the time to ask why. Even if your life style caused your own problems, which is normally the case, you can't deliver yourself, nor is your own righteousness going to be good enough to get God to move on your behalf.

Job not once called out to God for Help, not one time. He complained, and spouted off all his good qualities. He clapped for himself in front of his friends, I am a good man, why me?

The question should never be why am I going though this, the Question should be, what am I going to change so that I am more focused on God's Word, focused on God, focused on Jesus.

Was Job really in Faith?

I have a lot more question about Job, but don't want this going to long.

Blessings.

\

I agree,

I personally believe that Job, and many Christians, don’t know there is a devil at work in our lives. We tend to blame God for the bad things that happen when all along it’s the devil.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

The question of Job is: will a person do what is right when there is no apparent advantage in doing so?

--Inter

If this is not the direction this thread is going sorry but I looked at this questions and thought of course. If a person truly has turned their heart, life over to Yahweh then yes of course the person will do what is right even when theres no 'apparent' reward. If we are really aligning our will with His we wouldnt think twice about doing what is right. Our rewards or 'advantage' is not here on this earth but in His kingdom and if people are looking for a reward from Him now they have their priorities all wrong.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

God is so faithful,He's with us in any situation,life is difficult to understand,someday we will be living in a perfecty world without sin and evil ,no more pain--

The Old Rugged Cross Hymn

On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,

The emblem of suffering and shame;

And I love that old cross where the dearest and best

For a world of lost sinners was slain

So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,

Till my trophies at last I lay down;

I will cling to the old rugged cross,

And exchange it some day for a crown.

O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,

Has a wondrous attraction for me;

For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above

To bear it to dark Calvary.

In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,

A wondrous beauty I see,

For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,

To pardon and sanctify me.

Refrain

To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;

Its shame and reproach gladly bear;

Then He’ll call me some day to my home far away,

Where His glory forever I’ll share.

• 2 months later...

Job's First Test

I think,as long as,we Have God in our lives,we can stand the Test,but sometimes,God leaves us,in the Battle,

I am right now,in a Spritual,Battle,with Satan,and I am not,sure, why,Father God,is counting,to keep me,

In this Battle,I am in the Word Every day,when I had my Identey stolen,it was hard,for me to trust at first,

But then something hit me,I was, taking a walk, through the cematerey,and it was there,that I felt,the Lords

Presences,and he let me know, that he was with me, in this circumstance,so that is How,I know,that God!

Is always with me.

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you?be strong and courages.do not be frightened,and do not be dismay

For the lord your god is with you whereever you go.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

I have come a long way and grown up in the faith. But still have a long way to go. As I need to be patient in the Lord as well as need to give it all to Him.