• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This is why I started a prayer thread in this forum.

We really, really need to pray together for America.

Even if it is too late for disaster/judgment to fall, perhaps we can be granted mercy in the blow being less severe. . . or perhaps delayed longer.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Some current prophets are saying that the enemy is trying to speed things up so that many will lose their chance to be saved. We pray for God's timing, grace and mercy.

This is why I started a prayer thread in this forum. We really, really need to pray together for America. Even if it is too late for disaster/judgment to fall, perhaps we can be granted mercy in the blow being less severe. . . or perhaps delayed longer.

Amen! Amen! Amen!

:thumbsup:

Mercy Lord, Mercy!

Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. Ezekiel 37:4

:)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Some current prophets are saying that the enemy is trying to speed things up so that many will lose their chance to be saved. We pray for God's timing, grace and mercy.

Somehow terter, I wouldn't depend on what current prophets are saying, because the canon of the bible, in my view at any rate, is locked and the enemy has no show of speeding up or slowing down God's plan for the future, and as Nebula said earlier, all we can do is pray that God will be merciful and just in His protection of His saints.

The church leaders in the last decade have watered the gospel down so much, that even some christians, are afraid of hearing the truth and are trying to change the word of God so it will fit into their own ideological theories. They are afraid of sound doctrine as Paul mentioned in his letters to Timothy. Whether we are one, ten or a hundred years away from the last and terrible day of the Lord, the outcome will remain as God said it would be.

have a blessed day in our Lord,

eric.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Somehow terter, I wouldn't depend on what current prophets are saying, because the canon of the bible, in my view at any rate, is locked and the enemy has no show of speeding up or slowing down God's plan for the future, and as Nebula said earlier, all we can do is pray that God will be merciful and just in His protection of His saints.

The church leaders in the last decade have watered the gospel down so much, that even some christians, are afraid of hearing the truth and are trying to change the word of God so it will fit into their own ideological theories. They are afraid of sound doctrine as Paul mentioned in his letters to Timothy. Whether we are one, ten or a hundred years away from the last and terrible day of the Lord, the outcome will remain as God said it would be.

eric.

Amen brother :thumbsup:

You said it very well, we never rely on people what they say as long as its not in the Bible.

How many so called prophets told us before what can happen in the future?

Only God knows trhe future and as a born again Christian you are safe in His Hands and His time for whatever comes is perfect time.

Its always time to BE ready to meet the Lord, nobody is garanteed for tomorow, but when we see Him nobody knows!

God gave us signs to look for in Mathew 24, why not read that? You can never go wrong by reading the Bible :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/04/1971

eric.

Amen brother :P

You said it very well, we never rely on people what they say as long as its not in the Bible.

Only God knows trhe future and as a born again Christian you are safe in His Hands and His time for whatever comes is perfect time.

Its always time to BE ready to meet the Lord, nobody is garanteed for tomorow, but when we see Him nobody knows!

God gave us signs to look for in Mathew 24, why not read that? You can never go wrong by reading the Bible :P

I am very leary of 'prophets' and prophetic ministry. I do believe that God is speaking, however not everything that happens is a sign from God. We still live on the earth, and stuff happens. I have heard of those who say they know the day/year jesus is coming, and my question would be...

What makes you more important than Jesus? The Bible clearly states that not even He knows when He will return.

I also don't like tv prophets using disasters to get ratings, saying they prophesied this or that.

Here's some definitions I've found from a bible dictionary-

PROPH'ESY-1.To utter predictions.

In Scripture, to preach; to instruct in religious doctrines; to interpret or explain Scripture or religious subjects; to exhort. 1 Cor 13. Ezek 37.

Many have forgotten the second part of that definition.

I do know there were many prophets in the Bible, and I believe there are genuine prophets today, however, preaching continual doom and gloom does nothing for the kingdom, except scare the wits out of people. Especially if prophecy is being preached to people who know nothing of God and His word. I also am leary about peopple who are fascinated by end times/tribulation stuff. It scares me they are so enamored by what the devil is going to do, when they could be focused on praying for revival and more souls to be saved.

Many christians hear these prophecies and pray "Come Lord Jesus!!!" IMO, that's a bit selfish. I hope the Lord tarries. Why? Because there are still way too many people going to h*ll, including some of my loved ones who have not given thier life to Christ yet.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

eric.

Amen brother :P

God gave us signs to look for in Mathew 24, why not read that? You can never go wrong by reading the Bible :P

I am very leary of 'prophets' and prophetic ministry. I do believe that God is speaking, however not everything that happens is a sign from God. We still live on the earth, and stuff happens. I have heard of those who say they know the day/year jesus is coming, and my question would be...

What makes you more important than Jesus? The Bible clearly states that not even He knows when He will return.

I also don't like tv prophets using disasters to get ratings, saying they prophesied this or that.

Here's some definitions I've found from a bible dictionary-

PROPH'ESY-1.To utter predictions.

In Scripture, to preach; to instruct in religious doctrines; to interpret or explain Scripture or religious subjects; to exhort. 1 Cor 13. Ezek 37.

Many have forgotten the second part of that definition.

I do know there were many prophets in the Bible, and I believe there are genuine prophets today, however, preaching continual doom and gloom does nothing for the kingdom, except scare the wits out of people. Especially if prophecy is being preached to people who know nothing of God and His word. I also am leary about peopple who are fascinated by end times/tribulation stuff. It scares me they are so enamored by what the devil is going to do, when they could be focused on praying for revival and more souls to be saved.

Many christians hear these prophecies and pray "Come Lord Jesus!!!" IMO, that's a bit selfish. I hope the Lord tarries. Why? Because there are still way too many people going to h*ll, including some of my loved ones who have not given thier life to Christ yet.

Amen again brother,

So true , Jesus knows when its time for his return, doesn't the Bible somewhere in the O.T. say that in the O.T. a prophet would be killed if his prophecy didn't come true, its good to encourage people but say "The Bible says......instead of the Lord spoke to me..that sounds sometimes boastful, as a child of God ,He speaks to all of us in different ways., but we have to be careful to give Him all the glory! :21:

Whether we are one, ten or a hundred years away from the last and terrible day of the Lord, the outcome will remain as God said it would be.
:whistling:

Tick Tick

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter 3:3-10

Hosanna! Hosanna! Hosanna!

Look To The One Who Hung Upon The Tree for You And For Me

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Glory! Glory! Glory!

Hallelujah! To The KING OF KINGS

Hallelujah! To The LORD OF LORDS

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Yeshua! Yeshua! Yeshua!

My God! My LORD! My Savior! My Master! My Brother! My Love!

Come Quickly Lord Jesus, Come Quickly!

Love, Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Whether you think prophets are for today or not wasn't the purpose in the original post.

Yes, we do need to pray for God's mercy and grace.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/15/1965

however, preaching continual doom and gloom does nothing for the kingdom, except scare the wits out of people.

Same gripe the children of Israel had during Jeremiah's day, during Ezekiel's day, during Micah's day etc. This is the pattern of those who think they belong to God all throughout the bible. When God warns of impending judgment, it's called gloom and doom and nobody wants to hear it.

Well, those who are hearing it are going to continue to warn whether anybody wants to hear it or not, because watchmen have to sound the trumpet.

Yes a great time of gloom and doom is coming on this earth. It will be gloom and doom for those who reject the word of the Lord.