other one

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, what kind of feedback are you looking for.

If my computer is working right and the site is not really bugged, I don't see your origional post here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not seeing it either.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

WOW...That was bizarre. LOL

The original post was as follows:

I know that the Bible instructs us to obey the laws of our land, but is it appropriate for a Christian to hire illegal aliens? Many of these people come from poverty-stricken backgrounds, and need the money to support their families, so I wonder:

How should we co-incide compassion with legalism? Is it Scripturally unsound for a Christian to hire these people?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I know that the Bible instructs us to obey the laws of our land, but is it appropriate for a Christian to hire illegal aliens? Many of these people come from poverty-stricken backgrounds, and need the money to support their families, so I wonder:

How should we co-incide compassion with legalism? Is it Scripturally unsound for a Christian to hire these people?

I'm not sure about scripturally unsound but wouldn't Jesus want us to obey the law? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I'm not sure about scripturally unsound but wouldn't Jesus want us to obey the law? :thumbsup:

Ya, but not all laws are just. What about the prayer in school issue? I'm just looking for outside perspectives.

Edited by DarkNebulaWelder

Guest LadyC

i had that happen last night.... six million duplicates of an empty post!

ok to answer your question. it is absolutely NOT appropriate NOR is it any mark of being an obedient follower of Christ to hire an illegal alien.

i think this (click here) is an excellent article regarding the biblical perspective on how christians should respond to the illegal immigration issue.

besides, if it's their impoverished background you're concerned about, remember there are hundreds of thousands of legal residents who are living in poverty and could use the job.

what do you think God would be more pleased with.... hiring a poor person that lived here legally (either as a resident alien or as a citizen), or breaking a law to aid and abet a poor person who broke other laws?

LadyC,

An illegal immigrant knocks on your door. He is thirsty, starving, and just crossed the border three days ago. He hasn't eaten anything and has hardly drank anything since then.

What do you do?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

LadyC,

An illegal immigrant knocks on your door. He is thirsty, starving, and just crossed the border three days ago. He hasn't eaten anything and has hardly drank anything since then.

What do you do?

I know that I am not Lady C,

but I would invite him in, feed him, let him shower, get him clean clothes and if I cant speak his language, find someone who could. I would then try to get him in touch with the proper authorities that can help him become a legal resident. I would assist him in aquiring a green card, provided that I am not threatend by this individual, as that would turn out differently. I would not employ him. I would not send him back into the street or wherever he came from. However, if he cannot get legal status to be here he would have to go back from where he first came from. If this was something that every Christian could or would do, would it make a difference? There are many immigrants that are ever so willing to work. They have a work ethic that I would like my children to follow. Then there are those looking for a free ride. It these that challenge my walk with God. I have been a single parent with two children and homeless. I never got a free ride. My compassion will only go so far.

I can feed one for a day. I cannot feed thousands everyday. We are not experiencing one illegal immigrant, we are experiencing thousands. These are costing tax payers billions of dollars a year. If they become legal residents, then they can pay for the services that they receive just like we do.

LadyC,

What do you do?

I know that I am not Lady C,

but I would invite him in, feed him, let him shower, get him clean clothes and if I cant speak his language, find someone who could. I would then try to get him in touch with the proper authorities that can help him become a legal resident. I would assist him in aquiring a green card, provided that I am not threatend by this individual, as that would turn out differently. I would not employ him. I would not send him back into the street or wherever he came from. However, if he cannot get legal status to be here he would have to go back from where he first came from. If this was something that every Christian could or would do, would it make a difference? There are many immigrants that are ever so willing to work. They have a work ethic that I would like my children to follow. Then there are those looking for a free ride. It these that challenge my walk with God. I have been a single parent with two children and homeless. I never got a free ride. My compassion will only go so far.

I can feed one for a day. I cannot feed thousands everyday. We are not experiencing one illegal immigrant, we are experiencing thousands. These are costing tax payers billions of dollars a year. If they become legal residents, then they can pay for the services that they receive just like we do.

I think that's a fair view on the issue. :)

Guest LadyC

i think berribear gave a pretty accurate description of how i'd handle it.

i wouldn't be unkind to an illegal immigrant that came to my door starving. we can show compassion and offer a helping hand without condoning their criminal acts or committing more on their behalf.

AK, if you have read the article i'd posted, you should have known that would pretty much be my answer. i wouldn't have posted the link if it hand't reflected how i feel about the situation.