angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

If God couldn't forgive Judas for betraying Jesus, then why should I think He will forgive us?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Calamity

I don't know what you're looking for, exactly in an answer, but it says he was lost that Scripture might be fulfilled, and in 2 Thess., it uses the same word as it does in John, for son of perdition.

John 17:12

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2 Thessalonians 2:3

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

=====================

NIV

John 17

12While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

2 Thessalonians 2

3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[1] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

But we are told in the Bible:

1John.1

[9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

So, I believe that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If God couldn't forgive Judas for betraying Jesus, then why should I think He will forgive us?

Well, there's no indication that Judas actually ever repented.

He just let guilt take over and took his life.

Guest ChosenOne

I agree with Nebula. I fully believe that if Judas had repented then he would have been forgiven. But he never sought out that forgiveness. Instead he decided to end his life and seal his fate. God already knew what was in Judas' heart. Before Judas was even born God knew the role Judas would play in Jesus' crucifixion and God knew that Judas would commit suicide. In the same way God already knows the decisions we will make in our lives. But He lets us make our own decisions.

God bless.

ChosenOne

Cheri

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Some actually say that Judas was granted entry into Heaven. I don't personally believe it, but I had some Baptist friends who did. They believed in OSAS and made the assumption that Judas was saved and said that he went to Heaven. Well, we'll see, but I just don't figure on seeing Judas there!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

The Apostle Judas Iscariot became a murderer, and 1 John 3 tells us that no murderer has eternal life in him.

How it must greive God that he was so close to entering heaven and yet will miss out.

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

The Apostle Judas Iscariot became a murderer, and 1 John 3 tells us that no murderer has eternal life in him.

How it must greive God that he was so close to entering heaven and yet will miss out.

Yes, I'm sure it grieves God. Judas kissed the Door to Heaven and then chose hell.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

By his very acts after betraying Jesus judas showed that he did not believe he could be forgiven. Now we all know that to be forgiven through grace one must believe ones sins are forgivable. There are many people like judas out there in the world today they cannot bring themselves to believe in the grace of The Messiah Jesus. They think they have sinned too much or done things beyond forgiveness. The tragedy of judas is repeated again and again every day in this world. It all comes from a lack of faith in grace.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Judas was never saved. God knows what we will choose before we ever do and because blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the unpardonable sin, once a person rejects truth they have made their decision and God blinds them. Look at Pharoah, Israel,--Judas. We either have Satan for a father or God, Judas rejected the love of God and in 2 Thess. it says that because they rejected the love of God He will give them strong delusion to believe a lie. God could have and would have forgiven Judas but he gave him a choice like all of us and Judas did not receive truth.

God knew he wouldn't and chose him to betray Jesus, still Judas made his own decision.

Amen Adstar-- :rolleyes:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I fully believe too that if Judas had repented then he would have been forgiven. But he never sought out that forgivenessAmen--I believe that's the key, I don't think he was ever saved ...

God knew his heart and that it was wicked and that he rejected the love Jesus had for him

Angels