Marnie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Our planet is just five years away from climate change catastrophe - but can still be saved, according to a new report.

The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) warns governments have until 2012 to "plant the seeds of change" and make positive moves to limit carbon emissions.

If they fail to do so, the WWF's Vision For 2050 warns "generations to come will have to live with the compromises and hardships caused by their inability to act".

"We have a small window of time in which we can plant the seeds of change, and that is the next five years," James Leape, from the WWF, said.

"We cannot afford to waste them. This is not something that governments can put off until the future."

Between now and 2050, the world's energy needs are expected to double.

But the Climate Solutions document says technologies already available could be harnessed to produce enough sustainable energy to power the planet while also reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 60-80%.

The WWF report also states that nuclear power is not necessary to cut carbon emissions.

The finding is in stark contrast to the UK Government's insistence upon the need to go nuclear.

Keith Allott, head of WWF-UK's climate change programmes, said: "This report shows that although the scale of the climate change challenge can seem daunting, it can be tackled provided we act with real urgency.

"We can slash carbon emissions and meet global energy demand without resorting to the red herring of nuclear power.

"The big question is whether the world's statesmen will have the strength and vision to make this happen - and Britain will be key to that."

Sky News

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Yep. Chicken Little lives!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1988

Odd isn't it. Well i expect the planet is being damaged but i also expect Jesus to come and take me before then.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Wow and at a time when some of the worlds leading scientist are now doubting the Global Warming Hysteria. LINK - http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?Fus...=&Issue_id=

Edited by arff33

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, I would agree that we have about 5 years to save the planet, but it's not from carbon dioxide we need to deal with...... it's the wiles of Lucifer changing our societal makeup and about to unleash a war that will cause more bloodshed that we've ever seen before.

I'm not sure we really have 5 years to save the planet though.

sam

• Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

I'm going to say this knowing that it will be unpopular and possibly cause harm to my career and freedom:

1. These people need to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ and dispose of their "Mother Earth" religion. The reason we have so much garbage thown at us today is because of the religions of global warming and animal rights.

2. Homosexual and domestic partnership. We have turned out backs on God and his word. Instead of a man and a woman marrying, now we have same sex "marriages" and men and women living together under the umbrella of "domestic partnership." And now employers are giving these people the same benefits as married couples. Churches today are totally ignoring the sin that is occuring in their congreations because they don't want the numbers to dwindle and funding to disappear. You chose to live in sin, then you might as well chose to die in sin.

3. Moral relativism. We have become so complacent about what is right and wrong that I don't even think that most teenagers today can even tell the difference. When the youth, who are supposed to be the future of our country, have no moral compass to direct them, then what happens to our country in the next 30 years or even 50 years? We are on the path to find out just what it's all about with God's judgement.

I have more, and I'll continue later with my ranting and raving. :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

1. These people need to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ and dispose of their "Mother Earth" religion. The reason we have so much garbage thown at us today is because of the religions of global warming and animal rights.

Destroying the environment will cause suffering and death for countless humans and animals and hence cannot be the Christian thing to do. The Christian thing to do is to care for the environment because it is the beneficial thing to do. There is nothing anti-Christian about caring for animals (in fact treating animals inhumanely could be seen as anti-Christian). The steps that can be taken to curb global warming are environmentally friendly and beneficial even if global warming is bad science.

• Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

Destroying the environment will cause suffering and death for countless humans and animals and hence cannot be the Christian thing to do. The Christian thing to do is to care for the environment because it is the beneficial thing to do. There is nothing anti-Christian about caring for animals (in fact treating animals inhumanely could be seen as anti-Christian). The steps that can be taken to curb global warming are environmentally friendly and beneficial even if global warming is bad science.

I'm not talking about treating animals inhumanely or dumping chemicals into the air and water at wanton. I'm talking about those who think that god is the trees, and the sun, etc. I'm talking about those who throw the hysteria of global warming in our faces when there's no real science to prove such facts. Groups such as Earth First, and PETA, who think even eating flesh is evil and cruel. When you make everything else god and ignore the true God, you have created a religion.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

5 years? If Co2 is bad enough to cause drastic changes by 2050...5 years isn't going to make a difference at all. In fact, if 5 years is all we have, then we've already passed the point of no return.

Methinks this is going to lead to a, "This is why we need to elect so and so who will bring these changes over 4 of the next 5 years..."

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,832
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Myself, I think that this whole 'green' movement is just a feeble attempt on the part of the secular world to try and avert the imminent disasters that are decreed for us.

.......Without taking into account the God who forewarned us of these things.

God says that, although men will be scorched by the sun, and inundated with tidal waves, etc.......they will not give glory to God, who is able to reverse these cataclysmic disasters.

They will not repent, and instead, think they can come up with a humanistic solution to the world's problems.

A simplistic viewpoint, I know....but I believe it is biblical ;)