IGNORED

Can your name be blotted out of the Lamb's Book of Life?

Phil.2:12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

15 minutes ago, Behold said:

-

OneLight, The problem with your argument is the same for all who trust in themselves, in their own self righteousness,  to keep themselves saved.......= and that is their problem, and that is your issue also.

Everything you have written in your post denies the Savior His do, denies the Blood of Jesus the very power it has to eternally redeem by its very nature, and instead you took upon yourself HIS PLACE, His Blood, and His Cross, the very second you decided that God's Grace is based on your decision to keep it and not on God's sacrifice as the reason you remain HIS.

Let me put a fine light on it for you so that you can see yourself., Onlight, as God sees you..     You are claiming that being born again, being blood bought, being redeemed by the Lamb of God....is TEMPORARY, and isn't based on God keeping you as His, but rather on you keeping you as His., and THAT is "works based salvation", and THAT is Galatians 1:8.

Behold, did you decide anything in your life, or are do you consider free will a lie?   Do you see 1 Corinthians 13, written about true love, a lie when it states that love does not seek its own?  God wants only those who choose Him, not puppets.  I do not believe in the same theology you do.  We do have a choice, otherwise, why would God create people just to throw them away?  Where is the love of God in that?  Did you have a choice in accepting His salvation, or were you forced into accepting it?

I take nothing away from God when I hold myself accountable for my own choices.  Those who believe they have no say in their choices place all the blame that belong to them for their personal choices on God.

God's salvation is final to those who accept it and continue in it.  If that is not the case, then why did God create anything instead of just making what He wants in the first place.  I also take absolutely no credit for the His salvation.  The problem I see with your theology is that you are not looking deep enough to see the full truth as it places the blame back on us for our mistakes.

You should study more about what work based salvation really is.  Our choice to accept His plan for our life does not take away from God one bit.  A relationship takes two, not just one.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

16 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Behold, did you decide anything in your life, or are do you consider free will a lie?   Do you see 1 Corinthians 13, written about true love, a lie when it states that love does not seek its own?  God wants only those who choose Him, not puppets.  I do not believe in the same theology you do.  We do have a choice, otherwise, why would God create people just to throw them away?  Where is the love of God in that?  Did you have a choice in accepting His salvation, or were you forced into accepting it?

I take nothing away from God when I hold myself accountable for my own choices.  Those who believe they have no say in their choices place all the blame that belong to them for their personal choices on God.

"BORN AGAIN"".......

Do you see that term OneLight?........You cant "un-will" this situation, by a choice to do it.

You cant "sin" that away, by "living in sin", as you would teach, and have on THIS forum.

You cant undo it.. You cant UNDO or REMIT or ELIMINATE being BORN AGAIN...., as it is impossible to undo a BIRTH, as a BIRTH is not based on your  FREE WILL, neither when you were born by your mother, or BORN AGAIN by your Father God.

See it?

Do you SEE IT?

See, "free will" has to do with YOUR personal choices, but being "born again", is a BIRTH that is wholly and completely separate from YOUR FREE WILL< and is Totally performed by GOD.

So, this is why, if you are running around on forums talking about "free will" this, and "free will" that, while you are obviously not understanding that BEING BORN AGAIN IN THE SPIRIT has nothing to do with your WILL, and only has to do with GOD CAUSING IT HIMSELF......then this is why you need to rethink what you are trying to prove to other Christians on a Christian Forum, Onelight.

See, at some point, you Trusted Christ,....RIGHT ?????? ......and THAT was the last part of your Free Will that had anything to do with your ETERNAL Salvation, as from that instant GOD stepped in, and TOOK CONTROL, FOREVER, =  > WHERE all Believers will end up in Eternity.

And Onelight,  this is why your New Testament has Philippians 1:6 in it that you might want to study......."God (not  YOU), who began a good work in you = >BORN AGAIN<= will be faithful to complete it"..... and that is NOT YOU !

Do you see who COMPLETES IT?.......READ THE VERSE.< and BELIEVE IT.

And this is why your New Testament tells you in Hebrews 12:2....."Looking unto JESUS JESUS JESUS who is the AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF YOUR FAITH""", = AND NOT YOU. !

So, who is the author and FINISHER of YOUR FAITH?.........Its not you.........its not your FREE WILL...........Understand?

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, Behold said:

"BORN AGAIN"".......

Do you see that term OneLight?........You cant "un-will" this situation, by a choice to do it.

You cant "sin" that away, by "living in sin", as you would teach, and have on THIS forum.

You cant undo it.. You cant UNDO or REMIT or ELIMINATE being BORN AGAIN...., as it is impossible to undo a BIRTH, as a BIRTH is not based on your  FREE WILL, neither when you were born by your mother, or born again by your Father God.

See it?

See, "free will" has to do with YOUR personal choices, but being "born again", is a BIRTH that is wholly and completely separate from YOUR FREE WILL< and is Totally performed by GOD.

So, this is why, if you are running around on forums talking about "free will" this, and "free will" that, while you are obviously not understanding that BEING BORN AGAIN IN THE SPIRIT has nothing to do with your WILL, and only has to do with GOD CAUSING IT HIMSELF......then this is why you need to rethink what you are trying to prove to other Christians on a Christian Forum, Onelight.

See, at some point, you Trusted Christ, and THAT was the last part of your Free Will that had anything to do with your ETERNAL Salvation, as from that instant GOD stepped in, and TOOK CONTROL, FOREVER of WHERE all Believers will end up in Eternity.

And Onelight,  this is why your New Testament has Philippians 1:6 in it that you might want to study......."God (not  YOU), who began a good work in you = >BORN AGAIN<= will be faithful to complete it"..... and that is NOT YOU !

Do you see who COMPLETES IT?.......READ THE VERSE.< and BELIEVE IT.

And this is why your New Testament tells you in Hebrews 12:2....."Looking unto JESUS JESUS JESUS who is the AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF YOUR FAITH""", = AND NOT YOU. !

So, who is the author and FINISHER of YOUR FAITH?.........Its not you.........its not your FREE WILL...........Understand?

Feel safe in your OSAS theology.  As I stated before, I do not follow it.  I believe in Eternal Security which means that if my heart remains in Him, nothing can remove me from His love.

One has to either ignore much of Scripture, or argue it away, to believe that a follower of Christ cannot turn from Him.  That is my belief and I won't holler at you to try to change your theology.  I will stand before God for my beliefs, just as you will.

You really need to step back and read my words without using your theological glasses as they are twisting what I am saying, claiming it to mean what I never said and adding to my words false accusations in attempt to support your own argument, one that is arguing against things I never stated.  Please don't add onto my words.  Quote what I say and stick to what is said. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Limey_Bob said:

I think that people need to ask first of all, what even is the  ...lambs book of life (Revelation 21:15)? The book of Revelation is a book of symbols, so could I be correct in assuming that this is merely a figurative representation of God's foreknowledge, given to us as a book, not because it is literally some book, but in order to help us to understand that being omniscient and omnipotent, God certainly does possess foreknowledge, all power and all knowing. Likewise the reference to God possessing seven eyes (Revelation 5:6) could also refer to God's omniscience, that is that he sees and knows all things. At least that is how I would see it.

Bob, I'm going to watch this video today about Revelation ,are you interested in watching it? ( I don't know yet how they present Revelation..

The ministry who made is very trustworthy..

Edited by OneLight
Removed link to YouTube. No links to YouTube is allowed. If the video is of importance, please place it in the Video section where videos belong.

On 4/2/2017 at 6:06 PM, shiloh357 said:

Overcoming means putting faith in Jesus for salvation.  Those who don't overcome are those who remain unregenerate sinners.   Those who put faith in Jesus will never be blotted out.

Amen Shiloh, I agree, Jesus bought us with a high price  and I trust He will keep us until the end , Nothing and nobody can rob us out of His hand if we're born again in Him.

John 10:28-30King James Version (KJV)

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

Jesus saved me and keeps me.... Praise the Lord !

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Bob, I'm going to watch this video today about Revelation ,are you interested in watching it? ( I don't know yet how they present Revelation..

The ministry who made is very trustworthy..

Angels4u if you tell me the name of the video on YouTube, then I will search for it. Apparently YouTube links aren't allowed. My YouTube channel by the way is called:  Christian Comedy Video, one of my funniest videos is a 50 minute video of 40 brief clips: "The Top 40 Craziest Sermons by TV preachers."

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

Not sure which thread I posted this question in, but to the best of my knowledge, it was never answered.  Perhaps you can give it a go?

Jesus, in the beginning verses of Revelation 3, speaks to the church of Sardis.  In these verses He states:

“And to the angel of the church in Sardis write,

‘These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.  Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God. Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.  You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’

So I have to ask, if these are not Christians, what have they received and heard that Jesus would warn them to hold fast to and repent from if it is not salvation and the truth of His words?   What are non-Christians to overcome?  Wouldn't Jesus tell them to turn to Him for salvation?  Sure sounds to me like He is addressing the saved.

I think what he's saying there is that while alive those to whom he addresses his warning in the church of Sardis would be known to omniscient Father, Jesus is warning of repentance and conscious turning from the way of death; sin. I think that is why he examples "a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments". To also give an example that the righteous among them who would be known are in the book already. 

1 hour ago, Limey_Bob said:

Angels4u if you tell me the name of the video on YouTube, then I will search for it. Apparently YouTube links aren't allowed. My YouTube channel by the way is called:  Christian Comedy Video, one of my funniest videos is a 50 minute video of 40 brief clips: "The Top 40 Craziest Sermons by TV preachers."

Somebody deleted the youtube link, I posted the link only, probably not allowed, I thought links were allowed ..oh well..I will watch it and post it if it,s interesting..

The name is:REVELATION REVEALED David Reagan Lamb and Lion Ministries www.lamblion.com

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I'll post this by itself because I am not addressing any one opinion on OSAS . In matters of free will, it is a curious thing concerning that I think. 
All in scripture is the following put into an observation and query concerning free will and predestination. Being there is scripture that tells us names are written in the Lamb's book of life before the creation of the world that would say God knew before he created humans whom would come to his only son. 

Predestination.jpg

If all things that occur are part of God's plan then how can there be free will in man? And if man has free will how can that be part of God's plan as pertains to predestination? 

I see it as the church of Sardis was dead and lifeless and only in name Christian,I believe they were not born again, the overcomers are the people who are born again,we need the power and seal of the Holy Spirit and if their life was dull and lifeless and worldly I don't believe they were saved..and therefore their names will be not found in the book of life.

The church in Sadis was most likely political,worldly and ritualistic .

We're saved by grace not by works and there is security for the believer that their names will not be blotted out..

So , as far as I understand this chapter is that the people who's name is in the book of life are born again and the people's names who are not born again will not be found.