senerhu

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I have a friend who is unsaved. He says he doesn't want to accept Christ becasue it wasn't his idea to be born. He is thinking that since he dind't ask to be born, why should he go to hell if he doesn't accept Jesus?He feels he was brought into this world and he had no control over that and now he has to accept Jesus or he suffers. How do I talk to him about that. To be honest, I am stumpted...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

He can't see the truth because he has been blinded from the truth. Pray that God would open his eyes to the truth of God and that God would prepare his heart (that soil) to receive the good seed the Word of God and that it would bring a harvest.

And no one can be saved unless the Holy Spirit draws them and that is another area to pray about. I allow the Holy Spirit to witness of Jesus through me, but if it's not possible I have continued in prayer that God would send ready laborers, who are prepared to witness, well seasoned witnesses of Christ (I have even prayed for the laborers life/family/issues), I ask God to put them in their path every where they turn. I love to hear what God does when we have been praying in secret for those who are in darkness.

Just continue in prayer, witness if the Holy Spirit allows and live your life before him like an open book.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

I have a friend who is unsaved. He says he doesn't want to accept Christ becasue it wasn't his idea to be born. He is thinking that since he dind't ask to be born, why should he go to hell if he doesn't accept Jesus?He feels he was brought into this world and he had no control over that and now he has to accept Jesus or he suffers. How do I talk to him about that. To be honest, I am stumpted...

Cajunboy::: Well, the first thing I'd like to remind your friend is that fact that none of us DID ask to be born. But if I had to pick the most obvious response you and your friend probably need to know is, "If God's word is true to us and HE tells us in the Bible through HIS word that if we try to live as Jesus did and make every effort not to sin, and live as though Jesus lives within us, then we shall reap the rewards of eternity with HIM who created us. If that's still not good enough for your friend, I'm guessing your friend just refuses to let go of the sin that lives within him/her now. This is the most common occurrance that most non-believers or those who are not ready to part with their sins experience. As for the , "not being asked to be born into the world," this is merely an excuse to avoid God ! Sorry for being so blunt??

Be blessed

Cajunboy

No one ever asked to be born into this world. Thats a fact.

Another fact is that we will all stand before God someday. No amount of denial will make that fact go away. There is a heaven and a hell and we are all going to end up in one of those two places.

If your friend does not want to believe, I wouldn't push it. You have no control over what happens to his soul. I wouldn't argue with him about whether or not he asked to be born. He's in a state of denial and if he wishes to stay there, then so be it, there's nothing you can say to convince him otherwise. He's looking for loopholes.

All you can really do is continue in your walk and hope that something he sees in you will trigger that want for the Lord.

You might want to check out the web site Way of the Master

I've checked out some, but not all of the stuff on the site and it seems to work better than what I was doing before. Some of the videos are pretty interesting when the do the "man on the street" stuff. If nothing else it caused me to take a good look at how Jesus dealt with the people who came to Him in the Gospels. More time in the Word is always a good thing!

Ultimately only the Holy Spirit can convict someone of sin and realize that they need a Savior. The best advice I could give is follow the Spirit's leading when you see the guy. If you have the opportunity, do so by all means. Only thing you can do in the mean time is to pray for him.

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

:

You might want to check out the web site Way of the Master

I've checked out some, but not all of the stuff on the site and it seems to work better than what I was doing before. Some of the videos are pretty interesting when the do the "man on the street" stuff. If nothing else it caused me to take a good look at how Jesus dealt with the people who came to Him in the Gospels. More time in the Word is always a good thing!

Ultimately only the Holy Spirit can convict someone of sin and realize that they need a Savior. The best advice I could give is follow the Spirit's leading when you see the guy. If you have the opportunity, do so by all means. Only thing you can do in the mean time is to pray for him.

:):whistling:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Hi my friend,

You know, all I'm discerning in your friend cry is "he's angry!" He's Hurt and he's mad at God! And many times about all you can do is be there for him, and understand his pain. Be the example of Christ that he needs to see how he needs to behave as well. HE WILL COME AROUND EVENTUALLY, BUT HE'S ANGRY NOW and you're probably the first Christian in a long time that would take the time to listen to him.... I'm thinking that life/God will walk with him on his path in life and through the bumps and bruises he will come to find God, as we all did? Anyway, I'm praying for that to happen for him, as it did for me.

Be there for him when you can, even if it's just to listen and be compassionate.....Give him time. He's got all of his life to discover the True God that wanted him here for a specific reason.....happiness...one day!

Blessings

Cajunboy

• 12 years later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,200
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/25/2007 at 5:41 AM, senerhu said:

That doesnt make sense. Its like saying i dont need christ even though everything in my life draws me to him. Think about what is said and work on it. All the best.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 5/25/2007 at 5:41 AM, senerhu said:

May I suggest asking him. You were born without your permission into the USA how do you think the police, courts and tax authorities would react to the argument you are making?

You obey the laws of the USA but are breaking the laws of God, he offers you the opertunity to escape his judgement yet you will about being born rather than investigate God offer of salvation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 5/24/2007 at 11:41 PM, senerhu said:

if there was a way to get people saved logically, the whole world would be saved and be that utopia that the progressives seem to think they can create.....

One thing you might try is to explain to him that Satan and his fallen ones tainted this world of ours and the people and animals fell into a state of total disgrace....   he destroyed it with water except for Noah and his family....     they have pretty much put the world in the same state (and are working on it) and He is going to destroy it again according to James only this time by fire....     when he comes back he will decide who can go with him to the new earth and who stay for the fire....    and ultimately it's his decision which way to go....    but I understand that the Holy Spirit has to draw him to Jesus's protection because none of it is logical.....

the other side of the approach is to ask the Holy Spirit to involve himself in the person's life until he understands the spirit world is real and around him...